REVIEW: Conway Stewart Dandy

QM2

A superb review of a superb pen. Thanks QM2.

If the price was more reasonable, I would buy a Dandy right away after reading your review. It is my favorite CS model.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QM2

• Deirdre

• ethernautrix

• dandelion

A superb review of a superb pen. Thanks QM2.

If the price was more reasonable, I would buy a Dandy right away after reading your review. It is my favorite CS model.

Check out the May Sale : )

Okay QM2, your enticing review combined with the spring sale and those (ridiculous) price increases coming up made me pull the trigger and order my first Conway Stewart FP (with Bryant). It is - guess what? - a Dandy in lapis blue with lever, gold trim and M nib.

Conway Stewart could maybe give you some discount for all the customers your review is bringing in ;)

PS I also have to thank those who lobbied for the lever pens to be included in the sale. Without the lever I would still be sitting on my hands.

Edited by RedRob

It's too bad that one only has the choice of small or gigantic with this style...it would be great to have one similarly sized to the Duro.

Have you tried the Churchill "in person" and ruled it out as too large, or do you just think it will be too large? If you haven't tried it, I would encourage you to. It is a very ergonomic pen, and it is light weight. I have 2 and they are extremely comfortable. I prefer the proportions and balance of the Churchill to the Duro.

I actually have not tried one out in person...hopefully I will soon, though! I'm pretty sold on the Churchill. It's just gorgeous.

I actually have not tried one out in person...hopefully I will soon, though! I'm pretty sold on the Churchill. It's just gorgeous.

I find them a bit long and a bit wide for my taste, but the light weight means it's not a dealbreaker for me.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Conway Stewart could maybe give you some discount for all the customers your review is bringing in ;)

I absolutely agree!

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

I absolutely agree!

Heh thank you : ) The fact that they've extended the sale till the end of May and included lever pens, is reward in itself. Plus I get a great deal from my local shop!

Edited by QM2

• 1 month later...

I bought a limited edition, BCHR lever-filled Dandy with a solid gold, hall-marked, wide cap band for about $335 around 4 years ago. Paying more than twice that for a standard, plastic Dandy is just insanity. That's Omas LE price territory (if you buy from Pam Braun, that is). That's a Churchill from a high-priced dealer. That's a Visconti Wall Street, LE, or a DuPont laquer Olympio ...

• 2 months later...

I bought a limited edition, BCHR lever-filled Dandy with a solid gold, hall-marked, wide cap band for about $335 around 4 years ago. Paying more than twice that for a standard, plastic Dandy is just insanity. That's Omas LE price territory (if you buy from Pam Braun, that is). That's a Churchill from a high-priced dealer. That's a Visconti Wall Street, LE, or a DuPont laquer Olympio ...

True; I would never pay that much. Thankfully, my local shop was able to squeeze out a sweet deal for me while the clearance was still happening. I now own a second Dandy in "classic green", gold trim, lever fill. It was made for me a couple of months ago, but I only picked it up last week. It is perfect! But due to the price increase, that is most likely my last CS purchase.