The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

rotring renaissance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 politovski

politovski

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 19:10

renaissance_2a.jpg
the rotring renaissance with BB nib, heart of darkness, and rhodia graph paper

if anyone would like a bigger view of the review visit my flickr site
www.flickr.com/politovski
later.

Edited by MYU, 07 May 2009 - 04:15.

Sponsored Content

#2 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 17:42

Thanks for resizing this. Much better!
The Rotring Renaissance is a very good example of what I think of as the drafting instrument style. There is absolutely no fuss to the design, but somehow it still remains elegant, like the old Rotring drafting pens I used to have.

#3 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:04

I own several of these. I consider it a "sleeper" pen, because they are rarely mentioned and aren't sold all that often in on-line venues. These pens were offered with a broad range of nib sizes. The great thing is that they unscrew from the section like a Pelikan nib, for easy swapping. And some other brand nibs are compatible. I bought a Reform stub nib from DocNib and it fit in the Renaissance perfectly. Unfortunately, Pelikan nibs do not fit. The colors are a bit limited... I've only seen black and burgundy. The piston mechanisms work extremely well and the ink windows are easy to view the ink level with. If only they came with a silver plated option over the gold. smile.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

|