FS: Dip Pen with 10 flexy nibs

jbb

The nibs are wonderful (I bought a set without a holder), with very quick shipping. The writing is very therapeutic and addictive! You can also try all those cool inks you can't put through a fountain pen.

Deb

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbb

• Inka

• withoutink

• smoores

Top Posters In This Topic

PM sent for nibs and holder. I'll write letters with them, wonder if they'd work for sketching? -Charles

PM sent for nibs and holder. I'll write letters with them, wonder if they'd work for sketching? -Charles

PM sent back. I'm not much of a sketcher. Maybe someone who is will post.

Edited by jbb

How'd you do that? I'm seeing a sketch where there isn't a sketch. Or I'm not-seeing a non-sketch. Well whatever it is, I'm still smiling at your unique reply. Looks like the nibs will work if I can avoid catching them on the paper. Thanks, Jill.

How'd you do that? I'm seeing a sketch where there isn't a sketch. Or I'm not-seeing a non-sketch. Well whatever it is, I'm still smiling at your unique reply. Looks like the nibs will work if I can avoid catching them on the paper. Thanks, Jill.

The nibs should be sketch-worthy if you know how to sketch. :headsmack: A dip nib will start catching on your paper when it is getting old. I take that as the sign that it's time to use a new nib.

PM sent inquiring about availability of dip pen and nib set. Looks like a great way to try out ink mix experiments!

The pen and nibs arrived today -- wonderful! Quick and with such careful and personal packaging.

Thank you,

John

Dip Pen with 10 flexy nibs

10 assorted, antique never-before-used steel dip nibs with a dip pen holder.

$10.00 plus $3.00 shipping.

U.S. only.

Paypal.

Dip pens are fun to use. They are also a great way to try out a flex nib if you are considering buying a flexy fountain pen.

Note: Unused nibs have a protective coating that needs to be removed before you start using them or they won't write properly. Soapy water will do the trick.

Time will say nothing but I told you so.

PM sent inquiring about availability of dip pen and nib set. Looks like a great way to try out ink mix experiments!

PM sent back. There are sets still available. ;)

Dip pen arrived today! What a wonderful and intriguing assortment of nibs, lovely packaging and beautifully penned note. Thank you very much!

PM sent back. There are sets still available. ;)

Dip pen arrived today! What a wonderful and intriguing assortment of nibs, lovely packaging and beautifully penned note. Thank you very much!

Enjoy LadySeishou! There are sets still available. ;)

I am so tempted. I'm just not sure I'll be able to use this correctly. :blink:

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I am so tempted. I'm just not sure I'll be able to use this correctly. :blink:

It's a pretty cheap date and lots of fun. Are you left-handed? I think dip pens might be harder if you're left-handed.

HI JILL!

I have been meaning to write to tell you how awesome the nibs that you sent are! The best part of the package though was/is your note. Ohhhhh! That I can someday before I pass write like you do ! Enchanting .. and the purple ink (looked perhaps like Waterman's) was perfect too.

These are great assortments folks ! I may have to order another set !

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.musingcrowdesigns.com'>Musing Crow Designs

HI JILL!

I have been meaning to write to tell you how awesome the nibs that you sent are! The best part of the package though was/is your note. Ohhhhh! That I can someday before I pass write like you do ! Enchanting .. and the purple ink (looked perhaps like Waterman's) was perfect too.

Thank you zquilts. That purple ink is Baystate Concorde Grape (watered down 50%.) It's the featheriest ink EXCEPT on some Southworth's papers.

HI JILL!

My thoughts exactly; received mine yesterday. Thank you, Jill..

HI JILL!

My thoughts exactly; received mine yesterday. Thank you, Jill..

Thank you jigesh. :thumbup:

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files