The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

FS: Dip Pen with 10 flexy nibs

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:44

Dip Pen with 10 flexy nibs

10 assorted, antique never-before-used steel dip nibs with a dip pen holder.
$10.00 plus $3.00 shipping.
U.S. only.
Paypal.

Dip pens are fun to use. They are also a great way to try out a flex nib if you are considering buying a flexy fountain pen.

Note: Unused nibs have a protective coating that needs to be removed before you start using them or they won't write properly. Soapy water will do the trick.

Sponsored Content

#2 Maroonandwhite

Maroonandwhite

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 14:46

Hi Jill,

I received your shipment yesterday, and my expectations were definitely exceeded. Fun packaging, nice personal note/writing sample, and the writing experience with these dip nibs is really, really fun. I'm definitely hooked now, as the learning curve was not nearly as steep as I anticipated. Thanks for an excellent buying experience!

--Curt

#3 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2009 - 21:40

QUOTE (Maroonandwhite @ Apr 28 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jill,

I received your shipment yesterday, and my expectations were definitely exceeded. Fun packaging, nice personal note/writing sample, and the writing experience with these dip nibs is really, really fun. I'm definitely hooked now, as the learning curve was not nearly as steep as I anticipated. Thanks for an excellent buying experience!

--Curt

I'm glad you're enjoying the dip pens and that you're getting the hang of it so quickly. thumbup.gif

#4 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2009 - 00:22

The paper I like for dip pens is not a smooth as the paper I like for fountain pens. I prefer paper with more tooth. I also sometimes dilute my inks to get more shading.

Edited by jbb, 30 April 2009 - 00:29.

#5 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2009 - 22:14

Bump.

#6 asaylor

asaylor

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:06

PM sent

#7 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 13:39

QUOTE (asaylor @ May 2 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PM sent

PM sent back. More dip pens are available.

#8 HenryLouis

HenryLouis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 17:45

Why US only?
Posted Image

#9 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 13:11

Dip pens are still available.

#10 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 13:00

^^

#11 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2009 - 17:18

Someone mentioned looking for dip pens and nibs in another topic so I'm bumping this in case there are few members who are interested. U.S. only.... but not because I don't like the rest of you... it's just easier that way. headsmack.gif

Edited by jbb, 09 June 2009 - 17:52.

#12 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2009 - 13:13

^^

#13 donwinn

donwinn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 13:33

Just to let people know, I ordered a set of these for my daughter-in-law's birthday in February this year, and it is the favorite present she received. And, unbeknownst to her, by far the least expensive. She is a crafter, and makes cards, bookmarks, etc and sells them on etsy, and has used the pen to good effect there.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

#14 donwinn

donwinn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 13:33

Just to let people know, I ordered a set of these for my daughter-in-law's birthday in February this year, and it is the favorite present she received. And, unbeknownst to her, by far the least expensive. She is a crafter, and makes cards, bookmarks, etc and sells them on etsy, and has used the pen to good effect there.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

#15 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:53

QUOTE (donwinn @ Jun 14 2009, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Donnie

Thank you Donnie!

#16 Hagios

Hagios

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:13

Another satisfied customer here–though I bought these for myself, not as a gift. If you're thinking of grabbing a set to play with, don't hesitate!

#17 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2009 - 00:12

QUOTE (Hagios @ Jun 17 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another satisfied customer here–though I bought these for myself, not as a gift. If you're thinking of grabbing a set to play with, don't hesitate!

Thank you Hagios. I'm glad that people are enjoying these sets. I do at least half, it not more, of my writing with dip pens. The rest is with fountain pens -- I only use ballpoints when forced. biggrin.gif

#18 FaustianSlip

FaustianSlip

天高皇帝远

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 19:36

Just a quick question from a n00b (though I've been lurking for months now- this site is feeding my stationery addiction like nothing else). Am I right in assuming that these nibs would be suitable for learning Spencerian and/or Copperplate? I'd like to start playing around with one or the other, but coming by suitable nibs and such in B&M stores has been nearly impossible, and a lot of the stuff online is pretty expensive. This would be perfect if these nibs would work for that.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#19 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2009 - 19:47

QUOTE (FaustianSlip @ Jun 18 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick question from a n00b (though I've been lurking for months now- this site is feeding my stationery addiction like nothing else). Am I right in assuming that these nibs would be suitable for learning Spencerian and/or Copperplate? I'd like to start playing around with one or the other, but coming by suitable nibs and such in B&M stores has been nearly impossible, and a lot of the stuff online is pretty expensive. This would be perfect if these nibs would work for that.

Thanks!

I don't know a lot about Copperplate but these are great for Spencerian writing. Send me a PM if you're interested in a set and welcome to FPN. W2FPN.gif Oh and, I have a crazy paper addiction... I swear I get paper cravings. headsmack.gif

#20 FaustianSlip

FaustianSlip

天高皇帝远

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 22:07

Glad to know I'm not alone there, either! I just bought my first couple of pads of Clairfontaine (one ruled notebook, one French ruled for Japanese kanji practice), and I'm obsessed with it. Some of the best paper I've ever written on.

I may have to wait until payday next week, but I'll probably be sending you a PM shortly thereafter.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|