Good Online Source for Noodler's Inks?

JMac

Can anyone recommend a good source for Noodler's inks? By that I mean a place that has more than 6 or 8 total colors available.

I see a lot of recommendations for both Pendemonium and Swisher Pens here, and both stores do have a lot of varied products interesting to fountain pen users. But both also have hardly any selection of Noodler's Inks! Also I feel the need to mention that both of these stores have web sites that are, well, not the most easily navigated...

Currently Pendemonium has a few Noodler's colors listed but most have a "Temporarily Out of Stock" note on them. They do have an apology posted there, stating that the Noodler's Ink shortage there is not the fault of Noodler's but due to the current economic conditions, and they don't know when they will be able to increase stock. I can certainly understand that and sympathize with them; Pendemonium must be a relatively small company. Swisher Pens doesn't have a lot listed as Out of Stock, but just the same has only about a dozen Noodler's Ink colors available. Noodler's web site has a "Dealers" page but they list only retail establishments geographically - not online vendors.

I have purchased Noodler's from iSellPens.com in the past and they seem to have a decent supply currently: looks like about 40 or 50 colors. To be honest I just checked back there while composing this post and discovered that they must have stocked up in the last week, as I had looked there about a week ago and they had well under half that number.

So I guess I'll give iSellPens.com my Noodler's business then. But I am still curious: Is there any large outlet for Noodler's Inks? Noodler's seems to be such a popular fountain pen ink - I would have thought that there would be at least one or two vendors that carry the entire line. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Jim

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JMac

• TwilightFury

• dizzypen

• Jimmy James

The first thing you should do is type "buy noodler's inks" into google or other search engines. That'll get you started.

Jet Pens is one site to take a look at. Try searching for inks on Amazon -- they sell a few.

Inks are specialty items and there are just too many of them. Carrying a bunch of inventory simply doesn't make sense in the current economic climate.

I think you're maybe not seeing everything that's available at Swisher. The website organization might be a little confusing -- you have to click on each type of ink (bulletproof, swishmix, etc) to see all the colors available. I just took a quick glance at the site and count more than 30 available colors. I'm not affiliated with Swisher in any way, I've just found them to have some of the best selection of Noodler's around, plus great fast service to boot!

Otherwise, you might also try Pear Tree Pens, The Writing Desk, ISellPens, or eBay seller greenman508. I've ordered from them all before and always been very happy with the service.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

You really do need to go back and look at swisher again.

While the site layout is not the best, you will find that they carry pretty much the entire Noodler's line.

Thanks to all for the replies.

BTW, I DID Google for it - have you tried it yourself? Click on the resulting links and you mostly see stores selling four colors here, six colors there. I was hoping to find somewhere that sells most of Noodler's line. That was the main point of my initial post, though I guess it wasn't quite clear enough. Sorry about that.

Regarding Swisher Pens, maybe that is why I never get to see all of what they carry there. A lot of times you have to select one product to see more. C'mon now - that's just not right! I would not normally expect to click on each one on their Noodler's page unless I was planning to place it in my shopping cart! I agree that their web site navigation is poor. Has to hurt sales to a degree.

I think I'll stick with Tood at isellpens.com - as I mentioned toward the end of my first post it appears that he just replenished his Noodler's stock there, and he has them all on one page so I can see what is available without clicking each one. Works for me!!

Thanks again!

Jim

I usually get mine from

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/index.php

and have also used

http://www.pendamonium.com.au

to get some of the colours that The Writing Desk didn't have at the time. I know The Writing Desk ships to the US and think I remember seeing it mentioned that pendamonium does as well - they definitely ship to New Zealand but we're a lot closer :-).

Jim :

Try GreenMan508 over on eBay. I just ordered Sailor Kiwaguru Nano Carbon Ink from him, and it arrived very quickly and efficiently packed. Some items are shipped free, others not.

He seems to have a wide variety of Noodler's Inks as well.

The guy wouldn't know me from a brick in a wall; I've bought precisely one item from him, and quite sadly, I get no commissions or kickbacks from mentioning this. YMMV, as they say...

John P.

Edited by PJohnP

Swisher is probably your best bet, particularly if you want some of the out of US ones like the UK or Russian inks.

Or Peartree pens as well. Both Swisher, and Peartree are my sources for most ink I can't get at a B&M store.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

I just placed an order yesterday with this guy - Charles. For Air Corps, Zhivago and Walnut. He wrote back later in the day to say that he was out of Air Corps - he suggested removing it from the order or picking a replacement. Glad to have the message so quickly, if disappointed that one color was out. He was the only site I could find that had all three colors.

It does seem like every site I look at either has only some of the colors, or is out of them.

Kinda curious as to why there would be a shortage in this economy...

I've never ordered from here but:

The Write Fill

swduncan.com

recordingthoughts.com

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I just placed an order yesterday with this guy - Charles. For Air Corps, Zhivago and Walnut. He wrote back later in the day to say that he was out of Air Corps - he suggested removing it from the order or picking a replacement. Glad to have the message so quickly, if disappointed that one color was out. He was the only site I could find that had all three colors.

It does seem like every site I look at either has only some of the colors, or is out of them.

Kinda curious as to why there would be a shortage in this economy...

I've never ordered from here but:

The Write Fill

I just checked and all three of those are in stock at jetpens.com. Am I missing something? Jetpens has quite an extensive selection of noodler's inks including the UK and Russian inks...

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Jetpens is a good site. They have almost all of the specialty series (Russian, UK, Asia Pacific). They also have 4.5 oz eyedropper bottles. Best of all, orders over $25 ship free in the US. A great excuse to get two-or more-bottles!

Have a look at Art Brown's website. The carry most of the US Noodler's inks. WWW.ARTBROWN.COM

(Not affilliated with them.)

Have a look at Art Brown's website. The carry most of the US Noodler's inks. WWW.ARTBROWN.COM

I like Art Brown's site - very large stock of inks there! Do you shop there? Like the service?

Thank you.

Jim

I agree with the jetpens reccomendation - the shipping is free after $25, the shipping is fast, and there is a large selection of inks. They tend to stay pretty well stocked as well, which is always a plus.

Other than that, I would reccomend Swisherpens. If you're ordering a few bottles of Noodler's, it is cheaper to order from there, even with shipping, and the one time I ordered from them, I recieved the inks in three days, and they had to ship the package from Virgina to Los Angeles.

Well I've ordered Noodlers from:

Pendemonium

Art Brown

Jet Pens

The Write Fill

The Ink Flow

The Writers Bloc

It all depends on what color I'm looking for at the time and who has it in stock.

Prices are usually within a $1 or so of each other so I don't worry too much about it.

Favorite Pens...Pelikan M7000 Majesties (have 6) and Waterman Leman 100's Old Style All Silver (have 4).

Favorite Inks: Noodlers...Love Ottoman Azure and Ottoman Rose.

Favorite Paper: Beckett Expression Super Smooth in 24 lb. Writing and 70 lb. Text weight.

Try GreenMan508 over on eBay.

He seems to have a wide variety of Noodler's Inks as well.

Agreed. I've bought quite a lot of Noodler's ink from him - including a couple of the 4.5oz eye-dropper bottles. Very straightforward transactions. Goods arrived quickly and well packed.

Hey, I've worked out how to set up an avatar! Next week I'll move onto tying my own shoelaces...

I like Art Brown's site - very large stock of inks there! Do you shop there? Like the service?

Thank you.

Jim

Artbrown is good, but they are the slowest, from my experience using them, Swisher, Pear Tree, Pendemonium, isellpens, and writersbloc.

Edited by TwilightFury

Pens I own: Waterman Hemisphere F, Pelikan Epoch M, Parker Frontier Luna Purple M, 9 Lamy Safaris, 2 Pelikan Futures, 2 Heros, Taccia Amethyst Mosaic M, Lamy 2000 B, Kaweco Sport B, Pelikan M101N Souveran

When I win the lottery: Montblanc Boheme Doue Collection - Pirourette with Lilac Stone FP

Can anyone recommend a good source for Noodler's inks? By that I mean a place that has more than 6 or 8 total colors available.

I see a lot of recommendations for both Pendemonium and Swisher Pens here, and both stores do have a lot of varied products interesting to fountain pen users. But both also have hardly any selection of Noodler's Inks! Also I feel the need to mention that both of these stores have web sites that are, well, not the most easily navigated...

Currently Pendemonium has a few Noodler's colors listed but most have a "Temporarily Out of Stock" note on them. They do have an apology posted there, stating that the Noodler's Ink shortage there is not the fault of Noodler's but due to the current economic conditions, and they don't know when they will be able to increase stock. I can certainly understand that and sympathize with them; Pendemonium must be a relatively small company. Swisher Pens doesn't have a lot listed as Out of Stock, but just the same has only about a dozen Noodler's Ink colors available. Noodler's web site has a "Dealers" page but they list only retail establishments geographically - not online vendors.

I have purchased Noodler's from iSellPens.com in the past and they seem to have a decent supply currently: looks like about 40 or 50 colors. To be honest I just checked back there while composing this post and discovered that they must have stocked up in the last week, as I had looked there about a week ago and they had well under half that number.

So I guess I'll give iSellPens.com my Noodler's business then. But I am still curious: Is there any large outlet for Noodler's Inks? Noodler's seems to be such a popular fountain pen ink - I would have thought that there would be at least one or two vendors that carry the entire line. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Jim

Recently I was looking for Whitness Of Whale but couldn't find anyone who had it in stock---so I googled it and writers bloc popped up, so I suggest also if you are looking for a specific ink color to try looking for it that way as well, to save time.

Pens I own: Waterman Hemisphere F, Pelikan Epoch M, Parker Frontier Luna Purple M, 9 Lamy Safaris, 2 Pelikan Futures, 2 Heros, Taccia Amethyst Mosaic M, Lamy 2000 B, Kaweco Sport B, Pelikan M101N Souveran

When I win the lottery: Montblanc Boheme Doue Collection - Pirourette with Lilac Stone FP