The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

ADELAIDE FPN'RS

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 22:40

Hi all, I know it is late notice but we are having a meeting today (18th November) at 3-6pm. We have a room booked at Adelaide University for this time- Darling West 104. You don't need to be a student to come along! If we can't access this room for whatever reason we have also booked room Braggs 425.

Please see the map below, and post if you plan to attend so we know to keep an eye out :)

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20171118-090728.png

Sponsored Content

#22 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:07

Hi Everyone I am oneill the guilty party who first posted this invitation to get together and swap notes,{some12 years ago} how time flies,Can I offer my heartfelt apologies for my bad behaviour, I posted that segment with the best of intentions of getting together and swapping pen stories etc,let me tell you I have not wasted those twelve years I have been researching like mad so that I can explain what I have been up to,!!!!! When I first posted I was able to get around a lot better that I can now and was not as involved as I am now,firstly I used to Edit the webpages of a Chinese Pen Maker named Jinhao and even had the pleasure of naming some of their pens and because they were the most affordable pens I thought on e-bay I bought quite a lot of them and when I now look at my collection I am glad that I did, they are without any doubt some of the best value Fountain Pens that you will ever risk your money on,they make Baoer pens as well.Since then every time we have a tradesman do a job for us I give him a Jinhao pen and if they are poms as I am they have the nerve to ask for another pen for their wives.I have always been a person who believes that If you don't ask,you wont get, alternatively if you don't tell them,they wont know. It works for me!!! I now have quite a collection of Jinhao pens and am quick to sing their praises and offer advice as to where to look for solutions to their problems,on FPN is a great source for solving problems,you can find how to smooth a Nib ,unblock a section, open or close the tines,Flushout gunk in fact

anything at all to do with Fountain Pens,I enrolled myself on the Fountain Pen Hospital website to be sent the Annual Magazine which they

produce every year and which can be yours for Free by enrolling you will find that it is worth the bother as it is just filled with fab pictures of Pens and even has the prices as well, and photos.More facts about Jinhao is that if you buy from them a x450 or an  x750 and look on ebay for a flexy nib you can convert your pen to a Flexy writer so that you now have 2 pens for the price of one. All that for about $5.00. I once wrote that as far as I was concerned Jinhao Nibs were the smoothest nibs that you could buy and was abused by some yuppy who had bought a Mont Blanc for $500.00 ,which smooth nib would you want? and my collection is much bigger than his.The most fabulous Fountain Pen that Jinhao produce in my opinion and which I had the pleasure of naming is to be found on ebay under the name of the Mother of Pearl or The Abalone Jinhao neede two names to use, it can now be found under the name 8802 on ebay, I love it so much I have three in my collection YOU have to  buy one for yours.I now Edit the pages of a Japanese website called Engeika by the way all for free and I am building a collection of their pens which are outstanding and who have no hesitation in adopting my ideas.Japanese companies are famous for their Nibmeisters who designed some of the most fabulous nibs ever used on Fountain Pens,treat yourself to one of their Makie pens which are endowed with fabulous art examples.I shall be happy to share with you  some of my discoveries from over the years,  Trust  Me. Oneill

Please take up Gran Torino on his offer or email him for future meetings. Oneill

Edited by oneill, 18 November 2017 - 08:15.

#23 Splodge

Splodge

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:51

Hey GranTorino25, perhaps a fresh start with a new post would be appropriate. All activity for our meets could be posted there.

Sponsored Content

|