The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

ADELAIDE FPN'RS

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 22:40

Hi all, I know it is late notice but we are having a meeting today (18th November) at 3-6pm. We have a room booked at Adelaide University for this time- Darling West 104. You don't need to be a student to come along! If we can't access this room for whatever reason we have also booked room Braggs 425.

Please see the map below, and post if you plan to attend so we know to keep an eye out :)

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20171118-090728.png

Sponsored Content

#22 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:07

Hi Everyone I am oneill the guilty party who first posted this invitation to get together and swap notes,{some12 years ago} how time flies,Can I offer my heartfelt apologies for my bad behaviour, I posted that segment with the best of intentions of getting together and swapping pen stories etc,let me tell you I have not wasted those twelve years I have been researching like mad so that I can explain what I have been up to,!!!!! When I first posted I was able to get around a lot better that I can now and was not as involved as I am now,firstly I used to Edit the webpages of a Chinese Pen Maker named Jinhao and even had the pleasure of naming some of their pens and because they were the most affordable pens I thought on e-bay I bought quite a lot of them and when I now look at my collection I am glad that I did, they are without any doubt some of the best value Fountain Pens that you will ever risk your money on,they make Baoer pens as well.Since then every time we have a tradesman do a job for us I give him a Jinhao pen and if they are poms as I am they have the nerve to ask for another pen for their wives.I have always been a person who believes that If you don't ask,you wont get, alternatively if you don't tell them,they wont know. It works for me!!! I now have quite a collection of Jinhao pens and am quick to sing their praises and offer advice as to where to look for solutions to their problems,on FPN is a great source for solving problems,you can find how to smooth a Nib ,unblock a section, open or close the tines,Flushout gunk in fact

anything at all to do with Fountain Pens,I enrolled myself on the Fountain Pen Hospital website to be sent the Annual Magazine which they

produce every year and which can be yours for Free by enrolling you will find that it is worth the bother as it is just filled with fab pictures of Pens and even has the prices as well, and photos.More facts about Jinhao is that if you buy from them a x450 or an  x750 and look on ebay for a flexy nib you can convert your pen to a Flexy writer so that you now have 2 pens for the price of one. All that for about $5.00. I once wrote that as far as I was concerned Jinhao Nibs were the smoothest nibs that you could buy and was abused by some yuppy who had bought a Mont Blanc for $500.00 ,which smooth nib would you want? and my collection is much bigger than his.The most fabulous Fountain Pen that Jinhao produce in my opinion and which I had the pleasure of naming is to be found on ebay under the name of the Mother of Pearl or The Abalone Jinhao neede two names to use, it can now be found under the name 8802 on ebay, I love it so much I have three in my collection YOU have to  buy one for yours.I now Edit the pages of a Japanese website called Engeika by the way all for free and I am building a collection of their pens which are outstanding and who have no hesitation in adopting my ideas.Japanese companies are famous for their Nibmeisters who designed some of the most fabulous nibs ever used on Fountain Pens,treat yourself to one of their Makie pens which are endowed with fabulous art examples.I shall be happy to share with you  some of my discoveries from over the years,  Trust  Me. Oneill

Please take up Gran Torino on his offer or email him for future meetings. Oneill

Edited by oneill, 18 November 2017 - 08:15.

#23 Splodge

Splodge

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:51

Hey GranTorino25, perhaps a fresh start with a new post would be appropriate. All activity for our meets could be posted there.

#24 Inky_paws

Inky_paws

Illegible and incoherent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:58

G'day.

New member. I'm down south in Happy Valley and would love to meet up with one or more of you.

Richard

#25 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:54

Hi Richard (and all!)

We will be having our next meet up on Thursday the 22nd March, at 6 pm at the Kings Head in Adelaide CBD. We found that last month’s meet on a Thursday night was actually quite convenient for a lot of people (relatively speaking), so please come along next Thursday if you can!

Also, let me know if you’re coming so we can keep an eye out for you :)

#26 AndyLogan

AndyLogan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2018 - 14:19

Hi Richard (and all!)

We will be having our next meet up on Thursday the 22nd March, at 6 pm at the Kings Head in Adelaide CBD. We found that last month’s meet on a Thursday night was actually quite convenient for a lot of people (relatively speaking), so please come along next Thursday if you can!

Also, let me know if you’re coming so we can keep an eye out for you :)

Awww, late in noticing this post, too bad I'd be working. Hope to meet all of you guys soon.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

#27 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2018 - 22:15

Awww, late in noticing this post, too bad I'd be working. Hope to meet all of you guys soon.

Hi Andy, Keep in touch with Gran Torino who has knowledge of all of the meetings coming up,He is a great organiser and will keep us all informed.Bryan

#28 Splodge

Splodge

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2018 - 23:27

Hi All,

All of our recent meetings have been organised through the Fountain Pens Australia Facebook page and chat group. This is the easiest way to keep up with details on any discussions and upcoming meets.

#29 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:38

Hi Andy, Keep in touch with Gran Torino who has knowledge of all of the meetings coming up,He is a great organiser and will keep us all informed.Bryan

As I have already said ,keep in touch with Gran Torino who has organised all of the meetings which have been held so far as far as I am aware. I do not contribute to any Facebook, many more may be the same, which limits their chance of participation. Really can't see the point of having two forums. Regards Bryan

#30 Inky_paws

Inky_paws

Illegible and incoherent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:35

Nice to see you the other night. I must say I felt a bit like I'd driven a VW Beetle to a Porsche club meeting but very welcome all the same.

#31 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:54

We've all been there mate, it wasn't that long ago that I had just my first pen! And as long as you enjoy your pens, that is all there is to it really :)

#32 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:13

On April 26th we are planning a meet up at a gin distillery in the CBD for a tasting at Prohibition Liquor st 6pm. No hard and fast plans as yet, but if you have any thoughts or would like to attend, please let us know :)

#33 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:01

Okay, details are:
26th April, 6pm
Prohibition Liquor Co.
$24-30 for 3 tastings of 20ml plus garnish and tonic
Drinking is not required- entirely optional!

Focus will be as a social event, with less focus on pens compared to usual events. Please only bring new pens, or a maximum or 2-3 pens, and a notebook or two.

Let me know if you are interested in coming so I can book an appropriate sized table!

#34 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:16

Adelaide’s May Meet-up with be on Thursday the 24th of May at The Howling Owl (CBD) at 6.30pm. Drinking and eating are optional but not required, all are welcome! Please do not feel intimidated or ‘too new’ to the hobby, all people at all stages of the pen hobby are welcome! The expense of your pen does not dictate your status or worth in our group :)

Please let me know if you are going to attend, so I can keep an eye out for you! Feel free to message me privately if you would prefer.

#35 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:28

Hi All,

Just letting you know that there is the Adelaide Pelikan Hub next Friday night in the CBD. I was invited without owning a Pelikan, and I think we would all prefer a bigger turnout rather than being snobbish about Pelikan ownership!

Let me know if you're interested in coming and I'll get the details for you, or invite you to the Facebook event!

Hi Gran Torino, is there a meeting this month, I am still trying to get to meet all of you,
If so
would you be so kind as to give the meeting place and time, I do not subscribe to anything
which has a Face
Book connection sorry, as a Retired Magistrate and a serving JP I believe in withholding the Law. Oneill

Edited by oneill, 10 May 2018 - 08:30.

#36 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 22:00

Hi Oneil, see my last post:

Adelaides May Meet-up with be on Thursday the 24th of May at The Howling Owl (CBD) at 6.30pm.

#37 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2018 - 00:24

Hi Oneil, see my last post:

Adelaides May Meet-up with be on Thursday the 24th of May at The Howling Owl (CBD) at 6.30pm.

Thank You my friend I really hope to be there,Bryan

#38 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:36

Hi Gran Torino, is there a meeting this month, I am still trying to get to meet all of you,
If so
would you be so kind as to give the meeting place and time, I do not subscribe to anything
which has a Face
Book connection sorry, as a Retired Magistrate and a serving JP I believe in withholding the Law. Oneill

Hi everyone I was just reading my response and I must have been Tipsy although I don't drink much at
all when I said Withholding the law,I think I meant Upholding the Law.Please forgive me Oneill.

#39 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,067 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:36

My Tel No is as follows,after 6-0 please if you would be so kind 0408027802 Bryan

Sponsored Content

|