• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• Signum1

• Sandy1

• CarolinaWriter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your scan looks darker than my bottle of Shoreline Gold. Actually it looks more like PR's Orange Crush. Probably the nib--I tend to use fines. The Diamine and Noodler's comparison really helps to highlight the differences in the inks.

Thanks for the review!

Great review! Lots of useful info and good comparisons, too.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Thanks for such a comprehensive and easy to look at review. Your handwriting is enviable! I've been branching out from more conservative inks--maybe I'll give this one a go as a fun summertime color.

hi signum1.

i'm with PTR on this one... it does appear darker on my screen than what it really is (could be the nib or the scan). the only pen i have inked with this is my piston filler wality with a fine point. i think this ink is better appreciated with a broad nib like yours.

like everyone said... love your handwriting. thanx for the review!

• 1 year later...

I just bought a bottle of this ink last Friday from Origami Ink in Asheville for my yellow-orange Lepine Indigo Murano and I love it. I have to agree with PenTieRun though as your sample (as it shows up on my monitor) looks very similar to my PR Orange Crush. I love them both though. Thanks for the review.

Edited by ladyinthemists

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

Great review. The comparisons are very helpful since I have Apache Sunset.

Still can't type.

Edited by Imzadi

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

Great review. The comparisons are very helpful since I have Apache Sunset.

Still can't type.

i have both and Apache Sunset comes out a winner (IMO). i love the shading on the Noodlers AS more than the PR-SG.

Nice review and really lovelly colour, looks more like a rich brown, I like it.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Ah yes...this ink review is a little over one year old. Yet, it is still well loved by FPN members and all the shy lurkers too. :)

For those who chimed in with their thoughts, you're very welcome and thank you. :)

Hi,

Nice stuff.

PRSG is my favourite 'dirty yellow', that actually can stand on its own on the page - a crisp white page though. I found that even on the least bit tinted or off-white paper, this ink can fade-out. And forget Fine/narrow nibs, a Medium at least; a plump squishy Pelikan really suits it, though your hand makes me think about using a CI. Hmm...

Also, I found this ink can get a bit weak in the knees under warm tungsten lighting, so I often firm it up with maybe 5% Visconti Bordeaux or the neat-o R&K Alt Bordeaux.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

• 3 weeks later...

My PRSG looks more like Noodler's AS somehow..

love the shadings I get from SG..!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/yuckkie/Scribblings/DSC03661.jpg

Edited by Apotheosis

https://imgur.com/8TOQh8v

"Oey !! Gimme back my pen !"

I've been on an orange ink kick lately. This looks like it would be a great addition to the collection - I really like the shading that it looks like you can get from this.

seize the dave - a little bit about a lot of stuff: ink reviews, poetry, short fiction, and more
my ink reviews

... - I really like the shading that it looks like you can get from this.

Hi,

The shading is very nice, and rather unexpected from Private Reserve : too many of their other inks that I've used had OTT saturation.

If you're the least bit mix-minded, try 9 parts SG + 1 Part R&K Alt Bordeaux ; OR 9 SG + 1 Visconti Bordeaux.

Bye,

S1

PRSG solo; and 2 mixes mentioned above.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/InkyThoughts2010/FPN190.jpg

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

ah, I happen to be using Shoreline Gold right now. The shading was unexpected but is, of course, entirely delightful.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

This is my only non-blue/black/green ink other than a bottle of Private Reserve Dakota Red and one of Diamine Saddle Brown, and I quite like it. It's got the cojones to stand up to regular use.

Edited by PhotoJim

Too many pens; too many inks. But at least I've emptied two ink bottles now.