Edison Glenmont, Bexley OC 2009

brianw06

I have never written a review before so please excuse me for the mistakes I will probably make.

I couldn’t decide between a Bexley OC 2009 or a Edison Glenmont, so in true fashion of a sick mind I ordered both.

Here goes…..

Edison Glenmont

The pen arrived in a plastic tube well cushioned. The color a rich luscious chocolate acrylic was extremely smooth to the touch. Looks good enough to eat. The balance of the pen is perfect unposted. Posted it seems a tad top heavy, but since I do not post caps it is perfect for me. The weight is quite light for such a substantial pen and compares in weight to my “51” flighter. Overall appearance 10/10.

The nib is 18ct with a CI grind .65mm. Then the nib touched the paper. OH NO what smoothness. Buttery with just a hint of feedback. Glides across the paper with just a slight flex. Of course most of my writers are “51”s so any full nib will seem a bit springy. Flow is about a 5 to 6 on the Nibmeisters scale

What a JOY.

A pure writing experience. Thank you Brian your grind and flow are perfect for my writing style. This is a pen that will remain in my rotation permently.

Bexley OC 2009

I ordered the OC from the Grand Master. It arrived today in a Bexley box. Well packed and protected. The color is a is a red/black mottled hard rubber smooth and polished. The balance was also perfect both posted and unposted. The weight surprised me as it is as well very light for a substantial pen. Furniture is gold and well appointed. Overall appearance 10/10.

The nib is a 2 tone Gold CI .6 to .7 mm. Also when the Nib touched the paper what smoothness !!!! Very, very smooth with the hint of feed back. Also glides across the paper with the slight flex. Flow is about a 6 to 7 on the Nibmeisters scale

JOY, JOY, JOY.

Again pure writing Joy and a experience. Kudo’s to the master Richard you never disappoint with your grinds and adjustments. My pen case is now overflowing with daily writers as this pen must also remain in the daily rotation.

Now the big question. Head to head who has the better grind. How can you compare 2 perfections.??? Both are the epitomy of the art and I could not choose between the two.

What a lucky person I am

Edited by brianw06

Please do not listen to me. My opinions do not count

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianw06

• hari317

• Brian

• MidnightBlue

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pens! Thanks for sharing and a very nice first review :thumbup: .

What is the filling system on the Bexley? It looks like it has a large blind cap.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Both pens are cc/cartridge

Both pens are cc/cartridge

Thanks! In the second photo (Bexley closeup), it looked like the barrel had a blind cap due to the sudden transition in the mottled pattern.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

It's not a blind cap. It's a join. Apparently, as I was told, because of the material, and the length it would have deflected. Also to achieve the two piece look for it to be posted. Idon't know what any of that means????????????

Thanks. 2 nice pens though. I have both.

Congratulations on two lovely pens. Considering how similar the names of the grinds are (.65 CI versus .6-.7 CI), the writing looks remarkably different.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

How about some nib closeup shots? :)

Unfortunately my camera will not support closeups, sorry

Congratulations on two wonderful pens. I have the Bexley with a "Binderized" fine point nib. It is in constant use because of the effortless way it glides across the page and the precise line it makes on the page. It is great for drafting and note taking.