Why does an eBay item "END"?

MikaLa

I was bidding on this Pelikan 140 in black(*, in the lead and then got this email from The Dreaded:

"Unfortunately, the item is no longer available for purchase. This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's necessary to protect you as a buyer.

There are three main reasons why we remove listings:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.

-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words in it that may have created copyright or trademark issues."

I suppose the why is in one of the above, but.. never had this before and been eBaying for years.

Wicked good looking Pel that was :crybaby: .

Cheers,

Mika.

*) If you have a nice one feel free to offer me.

<p style="text-align: right;">

Rom 7:15

</p>

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• MikaLa

• ANM

• piplup

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens. I had a book I was selling pulled by eBay becauase I had described it 'as new'. Not allowed to do that anymore......

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Take consolation by telling yourself that it was probably a rip-off artist who was just waiting to take your money and run. I have seen them shut down dishonest sellers before. Not often enough IMO.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Take consolation by telling yourself that it was probably a rip-off artist who was just waiting to take your money and run. I have seen them shut down dishonest sellers before. Not often enough IMO.

Hey this one worked!

<p style="text-align: right;">

Rom 7:15

</p>

I've had several items removed from eBay because I was using pictures I copied from the manufacturer's web site. (These were brand new items.)

I've received these messages a number of times when I've put in early, low bids just so I could track a pen. More than once, the seller has disappeared as well.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I've just pulled an item I posted for sale on Ebay. I realised I'd posted the same item twice! (First ntime I've ever done that!) ;)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

As a seller I get quite a few people offering to buy the item now if I end the auction early. I have done it once and that was a dumb idea.

I've ended an item because I realized that the item wasn't in the condition I had described and I could no longer alter the listing.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I've had sellers tell me that they changed their mind after listing, but I am betting that some people take an offer that they feel is too good to pass up. This doesn't make sense because anyone trying to circumvent the bidding process is clearly lowballing the price and hoping that the seller is too uneducated to know better. Who would contact a seller and offer a price significantly ABOVE the market price? Why?

I hate it when buyers contact me asking to end an auction early for some low price. It is annoying. But apparently it works sometimes.

Just a quick point of distinction, if you receive a notice from eBay as described by the original poster that means that the listing has been pulled due to a policy violation. If a seller closes a listing early that listing is still accessible but an italicized blurb is inserted "...item no longer available... ."

Have to agreed more on ANM.

You are Never a winner till you hold the pen in your hand. :roflmho:

I have my fair share here and ebay for item not Recieved. :crybaby:

Good luck in your pen hunting. :thumbup:

I've ended an item because I realized that the item wasn't in the condition I had described and I could no longer alter the listing.

Just curious, Deirdre.... do you have to pay sellers fees if you end an auction early?

Thanks!

Regards,

Soki

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Just curious, Deirdre.... do you have to pay sellers fees if you end an auction early?

Thanks!

Regards,

Soki

Wondering the same....

A similar situation happened to me once before. I had bid on a rather nice looking Shaeffer Balance lever-fill in celluloid. I had bid low initially, with the plan to possibly bid higher if I was out bid. I was the high bidder until less than an hour before the end when I was outbid. The bid showing was just over $10.00 About the same time, the seller pulled all of his or her listings with the reason "information omitted" or something like that. When I contacted the seller for clarification, I got a response to the effect of "several users had asked questions about the pen condition, did not know the answer and pulled the listing, will be listing again in a couple of weeks" To make a long story short, the items were never relisted and I could not find the user again.

If you end an item early, you have to pay listing fees however I don't know about other fees.

I've heard of items being pulled that had no bids but am surprised to learn that ebay will let you end sales of an item where there are active bids.

If you end an item early, you have to pay listing fees however I don't know about other fees.

I've heard of items being pulled that had no bids but am surprised to learn that ebay will let you end sales of an item where there are active bids.

This has happened to me twice in the last year, both times by the same still very active seller, and well before the ending date.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter