The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Did any "51"s have a simplified aero filler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amin

amin

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 23:43

I was thinking of buying a pen in an auction. The pics are terrible. Can anyone tell me if this filling mechanism was seen on any of the regular "51"s? I don't see the work "Special" in the pic, so I am a bit confused. The pics don't show whether the jewel is black or what the nib is made of. Thanks, Amin

Sponsored Content

#2 RonB

RonB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 00:05

The demi model, except for the first year (1948?), also used the same filler as the Special. the demi is only about 5 inches vs. about 5 3/8 inches capped for the "regular".

Sometimes, the ebay people don't know enough or care enough to label a "51" a "51" Special or a "51" Demi.
Ron

Favorite Pens: Parker "51"Lamy 2000; Bexley America the Beautiful; Pilot Custom 823, 912 and 74; Sheaffer Early Touchdown; Parker Vacumatic; Sheaffer Legacy

#3 amin

amin

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 00:25

Ah, I had forgotten that the aero demis had that type of filler. I also missed that the description had been revised to include the length, which confirms that this is a demi. Thanks Ron, Amin

Edited by amin, 20 April 2006 - 00:27.

Sponsored Content

|