The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review: Waterman 52 1/2 V ringtop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gran

Gran

U. S. A.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 17:03

A small review, as there isn't one listed in the index for a BCHR Waterman 52 1/2 ringtop.

According to my digital postal scale, weight is .4 ounce, when full of ink. (To compare, a Sheaffer cartridge pen with the converter in it, weighs .5 ounce.)

This pen has approximately the same girth as the Sheaffer cartridge pen, the thin ones from the 1950's.

When capped, it has a balance and weight I enjoy very much. When closed, it is 4 1/4 inches long. When posted for writing, it is 5 1/2 inches long, excluding the ring. With the cap off, the pen is 4" long.

The pen is a lever-fill, has a screw cap, and is chased, black, hard rubber.

The nib is an Ideal and has a bit of flex.

If you like small, lightweight, slender pens, this one is an excellent choice. I inked mine with Visconti blue and it writes delightfully with this ink.

These pens were also made with fancy gold and silver overlays, but I like the BCHR versions.

Here are some photos: http://www.cs.utexas...s/waterman.html

I'm delighted to find a slender, lightweight pen that writes so very nicely! It's easy to imagine my grandmothers, or their mothers, writing letters, menus, or place cards, with one of these.

Perhaps someone with a scanner, or a camera, can post how these lovely, little pens write.

Edited by Gran, 30 March 2009 - 17:16.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|