Lamy 81

alexalex

Thanks for reviving this review--I had missed it. I knew Lamy made a number of interesting pens post-2000 model, and there have been a few with a brushed aluminum cap mated to a black body. Most were cartridge fillers. I had no idea about the 81. It looks like a great pen. Must keep my eye out for one. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexalex

• rak

• saintsimon

• Goodwhiskers

Along with a Lamy 27, I picked one of these up recently on the FPN Marketplace. Great pen! In fact, if you were at my table in Chicago, this pen was on display. And, although several people inquired, it most definitely is not for sale!

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

• 2 years later...

SUCH A NICE PEN!

There are still some on eBay from time to time... look for LAMY 81 or LAMY 86

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo

• 3 years later...

I found one a week ago. After long negotiations Ive finally finished the deal. I couldnt beat alexalex price(20$) but i will get it for 21$(30 Bulgarian levs) on Fryday :)

I paid far more than the equivalent of $20 or $21, but the seller was in Germany. Good to know that living many kilometers east of Heidelberg, where the pen was manufactured, need not mean that one will pay a high price. Or possibly those experiences mean that various buyers and sellers in Eastern Europe don't know how good the 81 is. Mine is an extraordinarily smooth writer. I enjoy being a member of this club.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I got my Lamy 81 pen some time ago and I was messing with it and it found that it was a piston filler, now I want to refill it and clean it but it won’t open. I couldn’t exactly remember how I opened it but I did remember it was at the end that I opened it, I used my teeth to try twisting it open because my hands wouldn’t work and I heard something crack, I’m worried and I don’t know what to don’t can someone please help me?couldn’t exactly remember how I opened it but I did remember it was at the end that I opened it, I used my teeth to try twisting it open because my hands wouldn’t work and I heard something crack, I’m worried and I don’t know what to don’t can someone please help me? I know it doesn’t really have anything to do with this I really am worried 

Edited by Oreo_0-0