oh... noooo

KCat

from Pelikan.de site. Fortunately, it's metal - so I probably would hate it... :)

· High-grade writing instruments with metal barrel or

top - elaborately lacquered

· Hand-crafted, polished stainless steel nib

· Clip, fittings and ornamental rings are chromium-plated

· Classic plunger mechanism

· Transparent ink tank

· Classic in Black/Blue, with stripes design enhanced with Palladium

· nib widths: F, M, B

http://www.pelikan.de/img_pro/popup/popup_...dition215_m.jpg

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Keith with a capital K

• KendallJ

• kathywc

Top Posters In This Topic

Waahh...... why couldn't the state pay me more?

kathy wc-who is broke and can't afford new pens right now

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

LOL!

Actually, I've been trying to get a pic of mine to work as my avatar, but haven't had much luck. Maybe this weekend I can spend more time working on it.

kathy wc

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

That is a pretty pen... hmmm. wish 200 series was bigger. They are now about the smallest pen in my collection and hurt over long writing periods.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Guest Denis Richard

A Pelikan piston filler with a metal barrel... that's something I would like to handle. I just can't seem to like the plastic Pelikans.

While checking is any retailer has it, I found something that astonished me on FPH catalogue, here.

The 200 design of that blue marble is similar to the vintage Pels. When did that happen ?

Darnit. I like the rounded tops much better than the crown. That is a nice pen too.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

That blue barrel is metal? Is that the change? I don't generally go for metal caps or barrels. Also, the colour combo is blah. Meh...

Denis, are you referring to the apparent dark blue colour of the marble, or what? :huh:

Never lie to your dog.

I think he's referring tot he rounded top. If you compare with teh green, the green pen has more traditional crowning.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

A Pelikan piston filler with a metal barrel... that's something I would like to handle. I just can't seem to like the plastic Pelikans.

While checking is any retailer has it, I found something that astonished me on FPH catalogue, here.

The 200 design of that blue marble is similar to the vintage Pels. When did that happen ?

I thought all of the 200 series had the rounded cap. At least the rollerball I got at Staples did.

Kurt H

Guest Denis Richard

Yes, I'm speaking of the round cap end. I never saw it before on a modern Pelikan FP (except the Toledo remake). Don't know if I just never paid attention of if it is something new.

Edit : just checked Joon's catalogue online and no sign of a round cap there.

Edited by Denis Richard

I wonder if the metal barrel will eliminate the tendency of Pelikans to scuff easily when the cap is posted?

The pens in my pocket today were both over 50 years old and neither was a display model... neither shows any significant wear from having the caps posted.

I cannot say the same about modern Pelikan pens.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

Guest Denis Richard

Of my three pocket pens today, two are from the early 40's (Parker "51" and Sheaffer 1250 wide-band) and show no cap post scratches whatsoever. The third shows many cap scratches but it is a desease of that model. You can remove them, but they will come back at the first post, and you have to post with that pen. It is my Wahl All Metal. But its huge flexible nib and its age (80+yo) make me forget it :)

I need to add a clarifier...

I really like the way the new Pelikans look and write but would avoid posting the caps although his is almost a must with the smaller 400 and 200.

I find the 600 and 800 comfortable to use unposted.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

Yes, I'm speaking of the round cap end. I never saw it before on a modern Pelikan FP (except the Toledo remake). Don't know if I just never paid attention of if it is something new.

Edit : just checked Joon's catalogue online and no sign of a round cap there.

this is the pre-'97 look. In 1997 the 200s were revamped to have the flatter cap like the rest of the series. I know, I prefer the older ones too. That's part of why I love my grey marble and Telekom. Both have the old style cap. I wrote FPH some time ago about this - they simply have never bothered to update their blue marble picture.

For a while, one could still get the old style pens from some Asian companies. I don't know if you still can. It's almost worth the extra shipping - except I need another Pelikan like I need a hole in the head.

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

That blue barrel is metal? Is that the change? I don't generally go for metal caps or barrels. Also, the colour combo is blah. Meh...

I dunno - I can't tell in that pic. I would think dark blue with palladium stripes might be a bit striking. In the pic the stripes look more like reflections. I'll have to see one up close to know. And I prefer the light weight of the 200s but of course, many do not. I would guess, based on previous Pel entries, that they are responding to the gripe by some that the plastics feel cheap because they're lightweight. This will give them a boost with folks who equate heft with quality. Even if they're wrong. :D

KCat

Any clue when this pen would reach the market? I'm sure that it'd be received well, considering what Kcat said. I'd expect it to cost more than other M200s given that it's so different...

"I had not the time to write a short one."

-Blaise Pascal