Delta Segovia 1K

Jopen

There must be always a "first one". This will be my first review. I hope you enjoy it. Please follow the link to the page, it contains quite a few pictures and depending upon connection speed it may take a while to load.

Enjoy..

Delta Segovia review WWW page

Edited by Jopen
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jopen

• amin

• Slush99

• KentK

Wonderful review! Thank you so much. What a beautiful pen. Like you I love Deltas and would like to add another to my Alfa Romeo 1750 L.E. I find the workmanship to be top notch and yes, they write beautifully right out of the box. I'd really like to try one of their stub nibs.

Thanks again for the review, I can't wait for your next one!

Kent

Very nice review indeed. I've never owned a Delta, and I'm glad you've taken to writing reviews of pens that have not been yet reviewed here so that we can all be exposed to more wonderful writing instruments.

Wow, shows what I know. I just assumed this pen was a tribute to Andres Segovia, forgetting there was a city. That is one beautiful pen!! I am completely attracted to pens of that shade of blue.. I am drooling over here, your pictures are really great!

I hadn't heard of the Joaquin Rodrigo pen (I don't know much about Deltas). I need to do a search on that one - can't wait for your review - I really love his music!

I just wish I could afford these beauties. Thanks for this review, it's really thorough, and beautiful pictures. The roman aqueduct photo at the end was very fitting. I love that silver band!

Looking forward to your encore Jopen!

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

- Socrates

Thanks a lot for the new inputs. Writing in English is not all that easy for me, but this makes it a bit lighter :rolleyes:

Next one will be on the recently appeared Ainu, pictures already are half way finished but after your reply, Joaquin Rodrigo will follow. I think it is a different (?) but very nice FP, and as this was a 100/100 (gold/silver trim) limited edition, there is very little information about it and pictures do not make justice to it. Yes, you convinced me!

Cheers

The Danitrio Fellowship

Great review but just one possible correction. As of late (since the Newton?) some of the Delta LE pens are available in both lever and cartridge converter versions.

Nice picture of the reggia di caserta in your avatar.

K

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Yes, usually there is a converter version, one silver, one vermeil and a diamond one, but if I am not wrong, in Joaquin Rodrigo, as far as I know, there was no converter version, onlu silver and vermeil/gold, both lever fill, and for Segovia they had:

diamond: fountain pen with diamond, 950‰ platinum central ring, 18 Kt gold nib

celebration: fountain pen with 18 Kt gold central ring, 18 Kt gold nib

1K: fountain pen with 925‰ sterling silver central ring, 18 Kt gold nib

On the Ainu I will picture the converter version and the lever fill vermeil version, both side by side...

The Danitrio Fellowship

I really enjoyed your review. Thanks for your efforts.

I was lucky to see the Roman Aqueduct in Segovia back when I lived in Spain.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Isn't it possible that this pen is a tribute to the guitarist, Segovia? The band looks like a guitar's frets, and given that there is another pen in honor to the composer Rodrigo who has written such nice music for the guitar ...

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

Segovia is a tribute for one of the important cities of the Roman Empire and that is as far as I know the reason for conceiving this pen. It depicts the most outstanding roman construction there which still whistands any natural threat except for the human destructive ability. The band, if observed closely shows the aqueduct and some of the houses, all wth a great deal of detail. It is a very nice engraving, without being barroque... /:)

Andres Segovia is another very different history... and his 10 string guitar, another one... his talent and proficiency... a real present for our ears and souls :)

and as far as I know, there are no plans for an Andres Segovia FP..

The Danitrio Fellowship