Hello from Mo

Venus

Hi there from Missouri. My name is Venus Lively and I have finally given in to years of my husband talking about his work and got curious about pens. It started innocently enough with snaking a couple of his nicer Wearever's.(If anyone knows Dennis then they know about his insane Wearever collection). And soon he had to start getting to the mail before me for fear I would find a pen he had purchased to restore and resell and try to keep it for my own. So far I've gotten some nice ones that way. But I only keep them for a little while. :D

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some new people, learning anything I can and maybe finding the next pen I just can't live without.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Venus

• Dadof8

• mike1

• M4R1N4

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to meet you Venus! Welcome to my second home (or maybe it is really my first, since I spend more time here than anywhere else it seems).

Good thing Dennis got you into FPs finally! You will have lots of fun with them :D

Marina.

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

- Socrates

Howdy Venus, and welcome to the FPN. What part of the "Show Me State" are you from?

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Welcome Venus, wearever you are (ouch!) :ltcapd:

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

Howdy Venus, and welcome to the FPN. What part of the "Show Me State" are you from?

I live in our states not so fabulous capital, Jefferson City. Although I am a transplant here from Orl,Fl

Venus

Welcome aboard. And great avatar!

Thanks the avatar is a pic of Wearever overlay nibs my hubby took. It's one of my favorite pics.

Venus

Yep, I know Jeff City well. My wife if from just SW of there. We go through there all the time.

Dadof8

Do you ever attend the St Louis pen collectors meetings? I've not been to one yet, but my husband, Dennis, and I went to one in Kansas city. It was a nice little road trip and we got to meet some nice people.

Venus

Nice to meet you Venus! Welcome to my second home (or maybe it is really my first, since I spend more time here than anywhere else it seems).

Good thing Dennis got you into FPs finally! You will have lots of fun with them :D

Marina.

He's pretty happy about it. Now he wants me to start learn to repair them too. I guess he wants me to fix my own pens so I quit bugging him to do it. I actually like that part of it too though. I love nothing more than to find some dirty old pen in a flea market or estate sale and bring it home, clean it up and find out it's something special.

Hi Venus,

...and welcome! :D

Hopefully you & Dennis will make it to the St. Louis pen gathering next month--I'd love to meet you. I've met Dennis a couple of times.

Do you share hubby's fascination with Wearever's per se, or have you discovered another brand that you're partial to?

Best, Ann

:D Welcome Venus! I've had some e-mail correspondence with both you and your husband recently and I'm hoping to be contacting you again soon about some pens I have. It's good to see you here. This place is a amazing source of wonderful pen information.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

:D Welcome Venus! I've had some e-mail correspondence with both you and your husband recently and I'm hoping to be contacting you again soon about some pens I have. It's good to see you here. This place is a amazing source of wonderful pen information.

Cool,

In his absense I am trying to learn as much as I can. Not only because I've been by the collecting bug, but in the future I want to be able to help him out a lot more when he needs it. I feel so overwhelmed because I never understood how much he really did untill he wasn't here. But I am learning a bit more each day. Thanks for the welcome.

Venus

Hi Venus,

...and welcome! :D

Hopefully you & Dennis will make it to the St. Louis pen gathering next month--I'd love to meet you. I've met Dennis a couple of times.

Do you share hubby's fascination with Wearever's per se, or have you discovered another brand that you're partial to?

Best, Ann

I do love alot of his wearevers. I know they are not 1st tier pens like most people collect but for the begining collector you can get some beautiful pieces for reasonable prices. Some of my favorites are my waterman 100 year pen and I really like sheaffer's of almost any kind.

Cheers,

Venus

Welcome to the Network

I am from the Festus area and hope to see you at one of the St. Louis meetings. I am new and haven't been to one yet, but am looking forward to goiing.

Jack

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar.

The first orders a beer, the second half a beer, the third 1/4 of a beer...

The bartender says "You guys are a bunch of jerks!" and draws 2 beers.

I can't help it, I like this joke!

Thought I'd ask, there will be a show in Dallas in Sept. Do you all ever venture down this way?

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hello and welcome to FPN!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)