My current collection - working pens in rotation and those to repair

craynerd

Hello all

I just wanted to share my current collection with you - I have only really got the FP bug since the Christmas just gone so I have only really been going for it the last few months. Also, I have got limited funds so the vast majority of my purchases have been pens purchased in need of repair. I have also had quite a few pens pass through my collection during this time.

Working Pens in rotation

http://www.raynerd.co.uk/images/collection2.JPG

http://www.raynerd.co.uk/images/collection1.JPG

Left to right

1. Mabie Todd Blackbird - my most flexible pen nib - I love this!

2. Parker 51 Vac - 0.7mm italic nib

3. Reform 1745 - wet writer

4. Manuscript Calligraphy Pen - cheap as chips but love this for my italic writing

5. Parker 45 - early model

6. Parker Hemisphere - purchased for me for my birthday in 2005 and the basis of my collection!

7. Waterman 52 1/2v red ripple - lovely flexy nib

8. Esterbrook J

9. Waterman 3V - another lovely fine flexy nib

10. Parker 51 Mk3 Made in England - medium nib

11. Mabie Todd Swan - self filler - semi-flexy nib

Pens Still to Repair

http://www.raynerd.co.uk/images/collection3.JPG

Left to Right top row

1. Summit - gold nib (this came with another pen - needs a sac but don`t want to repair it yet)

2. Onoto - De la Rue Piston Filler - black (needs new cork and washer set - currently on their way to me!)

3. Onoto - De la Rue Piston Filler - marble green (needs new cork, washer and plunger - currently on their way to me

4. Osmiroid 65 - Made in England ( needs a good clean - just not had time yet!)

5. Conway Stewart 84 (new sac and pressure bar)

6. Conway 103 (Sac)

7. Conway Stewart 85 (Need a new lever)

8. Mabie Todd - Blackbird - (Needs a new cap clip and banding on cap)

9. Regency (this came free with another pen - needs sac)

10. Eversharp (needs a new lever and J-bar (also need to understand how to fix this - is it a standard lever just a tapered barrel?))

Bottom Row - left to right

11. Waterman Thorobred (needs a new clip for the cap)

12. Mabie Todd - Swan - (needs a decent flexy nib - any that will fit! and also a clip for the cap)

13. Conway Stewart 236 (nib needs some work and needs J-bar and sac)

14. PArker Slimfold - (sac)

15. Conway Stewart 286 (needs a lever!)

16. Summit - gold nib (this came free with another pen - needs a sac)

17. Onoto De la Rue - lever filler ( needs a cap top and clip - or could someone turn one for me?)

18. Onoto De la Rue - lever filler (very similar to a above just slightly longer and different banding on cap) (same as a above - needs a cap top and cap clip)

19. Parker Vacumatic - (needs a new barrel and blind cap - pen is totally warped)

I`ll also take this opportunity to shamelessly ask that if anyone has any parts for the "repair" pens that you would be willing to sell me, please do get in contact. I have posted in parts required section - but don`t seem to get much luck.

Anyway, hope you like my pens. Most of the repair pens are working they are just missing bits to make them complete.

Finally, just a huge thanks to everyone on this forum that has helped me out with information, repair guidance or traded with me. I am very much enjoying collecting and as a bonus my hand writing is improving, there are times with some of my pens that I quite like my scribble!

Chris

Edited by craynerd

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• craynerd

• penspouse

• buffalobil

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate the way you have selected a method of collecting pens you enjoy, without breaking the bank. That is quite smart and it allows you the pleasure of fine writing instruments without the guilt. If you are going to perform the needed repairs yourself, I recommend "Fountain Pens The Complete Guide to Repair and Restoration" by Frank Dubiel. I know Richard Binder sells this book. It is a wonderful resource.

Thanks for your comment- it also gives me extra satisfaction when a pen is repaired. With reference to a book , I have just purchased Pen Repair by Jim Marshall and Dr Oldfield, it hasn't arrived yet but thanks for your recommendation and comments.

I really appreciate the way you have selected a method of collecting pens you enjoy, without breaking the bank. That is quite smart and it allows you the pleasure of fine writing instruments without the guilt. If you are going to perform the needed repairs yourself, I recommend "Fountain Pens The Complete Guide to Repair and Restoration" by Frank Dubiel. I know Richard Binder sells this book. It is a wonderful resource.