• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chkuo

• Aslan

• Gran

• tanalasta

"Deep, authoritative blue with a hint of purple" is an excellent description. Your scan looks dead accurate here. Feathering (i.e., the lack thereof) is quite good even on cheap paper, in my experience.

Viseguy

where to buy? that's the color blue I want, like NOW!!!!

It's not too difficult to find, many online shops (FPH, Pendemonium, Pear Tree, ISellPens, just to name a few) carry Aurora inks. To save on the shipping, you'll have to check your local pen shop/art supplies.

Aurora Blue is my favorite dark blue. Not only the color is attractive, the ink is very well behaved in all kinds of pen/paper combinations.

"Deep, authoritative blue with a hint of purple" is an excellent description. Your scan looks dead accurate here. Feathering (i.e., the lack thereof) is quite good even on cheap paper, in my experience.

+1

John

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks much for such a clear review! This ink is one I keep thinking of trying, and am now moving it up the list.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Nice. Thank you.

I think the shading depends on the nib. I get some with the B nib in my Aurora 88.

This is one of my long-time favorites. Aurora Blue has been in my sapphire Namiki Impressions every day since I bought the pen October 14, 2000

Edited by Doug Add

Fahrney's always has it in stock, as it is the favorite ink of Chuck, the Pen Doctor.

Edited by CharlieB

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Very good review, and confirmed accurate--- Just got a sample today. -_-

Pens I own: Waterman Hemisphere F, Pelikan Epoch M, Parker Frontier Luna Purple M, 9 Lamy Safaris, 2 Pelikan Futures, 2 Heros, Taccia Amethyst Mosaic M, Lamy 2000 B, Kaweco Sport B, Pelikan M101N Souveran

When I win the lottery: Montblanc Boheme Doue Collection - Pirourette with Lilac Stone FP

Thank you for the review. Having recently purchased my first bottle of this ink for use in an Aurora 88 I can attest that your remarks are spot on. The flow and coverage are excellent and the color has a nice "brightness" to it. My only quibble is that drying time is just a bit slow; however, some of that may be due to the amount of ink my medium nib is laying down. Thanks again for a well done, concise review. :clap1:

Edited by PenFisher

• 10 months later...

If anyone is intrested in a bottle, contact me. I really do not like it.

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

I have to say, the ink's a sort of prodigy the first time you use it, but you soon start to get tired of its overbearing purple tint. Also in my case, the ink started to clot up into a wet paste when written with on paper at certain intervals.

Great review. Aurora blue is my favorite blue. The first one I go to, and its always well behaved.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Many "bricks-and-mortar" shops carry this ink, too.

It's the best-looking of the "washable/eradicable" blue inks, in my opinion. Pelikan's Super-Pirat or Super-Sheriff marker can eradicate it, so it's a good-looking choice for students whose teachers require them to write in blue fountain pen ink. Because it's relatively more saturated than the other blue inks in this category, it should fade much slower.

I recommend getting Aurora ink in the bottle because it's much, much less expensive than in cartridges. Also, the cartridges fit only Aurora and Parker pens.

I like Aurora Blue very much. Well-behaved, nice shading with a wider nib, and a beautiful blue with strong hints of purple. And the bottle is taller than it is wide, which makes it easier to fill a pen even when the bottle is getting low on ink.

Edited by Koyote