• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ink Stained Wretch

• King of the Road

• Prise

• jamescooney20

I've always favored blue, for emotional reasons because it's my favorite color, and for logical reasons because I was taught that legal documents should always be signed in blue so that photocopies couldn't be mistaken for originals.

I'm Andy H and I approved this message.

What does it mean if someone prefers Blue-Black? Combining the "associations" list, that person would be seriously messed up.

..........very curious. Spot on, in my case.

BTW the poll was whether one preferred blue or black pens, not the ink within.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

With all due respect, I believe when it says "blue pen" it means a pen that writes blue, as the context indicates because he prefaces the "association list" with "ink preference". The writer of the poll obviously lacks some pen savvy, which suspects the results. Not that I took them seriously in the first place. :roflmho:

I prefer all sorts of colors. Tomorrow I add a brown ink mixture to my rotation.

With all due respect, I believe when it says "blue pen" it means a pen that writes blue, as the context indicates because he prefaces the "association list" with "ink preference". The writer of the poll obviously lacks some pen savvy, which suspects the results. Not that I took them seriously in the first place. :roflmho:

I think that the pollster probably doesn't know what a fountain pen is and was referring to those ballpointed devices as pens. Of course they don't have the ability to change inks as fountain pens do. For some of them you can get refills, which are actually a column of oil based ink paste feeding the writing mechanism itself. Not a lot of brown ballpoint refills readily available, and I bet there are no plum colored ones.

He was probably referring to stick pens that have the same color as the ink they contain, and that's most usually blue or black.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

me, blue/black... :thumbup:

http://www.thomaspens.com/Lamy%20Pens/lamy%20images/lamy%20logo.gif

"Lamy design is modern, functional, honest and distinctive"...nothing more, nothing less; less is more, as form follows function!

I was taught that legal documents should always be signed in blue so that photocopies couldn't be mistaken for originals.

Very clever (I didn't know that). Doesn't that make registrar's ink unsuitable for legal documents, though? I'd have thought you can't get a lot more legal than a birth or marriage certificate.

As principal investigator of the study being discussed, I'd like to express my gratitude to Prise for posting, and to all of you for pushing the dialogue on this important topic.

I do, however, take issue with the results of the study being called "unscientific." I assembled a world-renowned team of social scientists, at great expense, to garner the first hard, SCIENTIFIC data in existence on pen preference. Bat my findings around as comic fodder, if you must, but rest assured what you joke about now will soon be widely accepted as scientific fact, and you'll be remembered at the ones who laughed at the knowing genius --- like the people who laughed at Galileo.

Prof. James R. Cooney, MD, PhD, DMD, DDS, DVM

Black.

But... I eat a lot of broccoli, prefer walnut wood, don't watch television, have low cholesterol, and don't kill that many puppies.

So. You know. There goes your science.

Heh.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I noticed the ambiguity too. The important question is: how did the respondents to the poll understand the choice given them?

Paddler

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

Black.

But... I eat a lot of broccoli, prefer walnut wood, don't watch television, have low cholesterol, and don't kill that many puppies.

Very reassuring to know that you're not a violent person at heart ending the lives of only a "few" puppies.

By the way, that Manhattan black ink is worth paying the price for high cholesterol! It's the blackest solid ink I've used yet.

Ha! Addicted to PCP, oh my.

Collection:

Waterman: 52V BCHR, 55 BCHR

Sheaffer: Peacock Blue Snorkel Sentinel, Black Snorkel Admiral, Persian Blue Touchdown Statesman

Parker: Silver 1946 Vacumatic, 1929 Lacquer red Duofold Senior, Burgundy "51" Special

Misc: Reform 1745, Hero 616, two pen holders and about 20 nibs.

Good thing he didn't ask whether one prefers F/M/B points. That would have REALLY opened a Can-O-Worms!

inka binka

bottle of ink

the cork fell out

and you stink

I like blue because writing in red is not widely accepted.

And I like black for precisely the same reason! :D

Chris

Very much interested in Life, Liberty, and especially the pursuit of Happiness!

As a big fan of blue ink, all is right in the world.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography