Ink Review Aurora Blue

Bill Smith

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3270427248_e76750a960_b.jpg

Again the usual disclaimers involving colour representation, your monitor, my scanner, etc, etc, yadda, yadda.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Smith

• Jared

• Peter from Sherwood Park

• Breck

Great review -- I like Aurora blue too.I use it in cartridges, primarily in Eversharp pens made after the 1957 takeover by Parker.

Actually this scan is the most accurate of the inks I have reviewed to date.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

It is very well behaved ink, but the color is just too purple for me.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

My #1 favorite blue. Nice scan.

Mine too. Use it in my Pelikan Polar Lights (Aurora Borealis, you see).

<p style="text-align: right;">

Rom 7:15

</p>

I find your scan very accurate in terms of colour in my monitor.

I like this dark-purple blue a lot.

Thanks for the review.

Andre

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

My absolute favorite Purplish-Blue ink. It behaves very well and looks very professional. I keep this ink along with PR Lake Placid and Noodler's Blue in heavy rotation.

Now only if Aurora would make a Blue-Black. . .

Do or do not, there is no try. . .

My absolute favorite Purplish-Blue ink. It behaves very well and looks very professional. I keep this ink along with PR Lake Placid and Noodler's Blue in heavy rotation.

Now only if Aurora would make a Blue-Black. . .

I would not hold your breath, I think Aurora is pretty old school, you can have any colour you want as long it is blue or black.

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

Blue purple, beautiful color really.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks much for the review. This ink is now on my list of "inks wanted".

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I recently picked some of this up, and I must say I absolutely LOVE it. What a fantastic color!! And a such a well-behaved ink. A true classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Aurora Blue is perhaps the most beautiful colour I have used to date. However, the actual shade of blue obtained is totally dependent on the paper on which it is used. For example, when writing on HP 120# paper, it appears as a dark blue-grey and lacks that vibrancy by which it is often so distinguished. On other papers, and in some notebooks, it can look almost like Visconti Blue. Only when I have used it on cheap envelopes(!) has it shown its full potential. :bonk: Ah, well, I'll keep trying to find a matching paper. Aurora Blue is worth the effort!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3270427248_e76750a960_b.jpg

Again the usual disclaimers involving colour representation, your monitor, my scanner, etc, etc, yadda, yadda.

Gorgeous scan. I just got some of this in a sampler from The Pear Tree website. Love it.

edited for spelling.

Edited by TwilightFury

Pens I own: Waterman Hemisphere F, Pelikan Epoch M, Parker Frontier Luna Purple M, 9 Lamy Safaris, 2 Pelikan Futures, 2 Heros, Taccia Amethyst Mosaic M, Lamy 2000 B, Kaweco Sport B, Pelikan M101N Souveran

When I win the lottery: Montblanc Boheme Doue Collection - Pirourette with Lilac Stone FP