Starwalker Converter?

asimplemaestro

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/asimplemaestro/FPN%20Pics/CIMG1015.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/asimplemaestro/FPN%20Pics/CIMG1016.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/asimplemaestro/FPN%20Pics/CIMG1017.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/asimplemaestro/FPN%20Pics/CIMG1018.jpg

Monteverde Mini International Converter...it works...small ink capacity but at least it works. Tight fit...no leaks...solid converter. Thank you Pendemonium.

Edited by asimplemaestro

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• asimplemaestro

• drektster

• danamark

• MidnightBlue

I'm thinking of turning my StarWalker into an eyedropper.

Kidding.

I think I have one of those converters. Think I'll stick with J. Herbin cartridges. Also, the empty cartridge-syringe method, should I run out of J. Herbin cartridges.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I'm thinking of turning my StarWalker into an eyedropper.

That's an excellent idea. Post the photos as you go through the steps.

Fred

Maestro,

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Is the convertor a friction fit or screw in, and I assume you can now fill the pen through the nib?

Maestro,

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Is the convertor a friction fit or screw in, and I assume you can now fill the pen through the nib?

Friction and yes I filled it through the nib.

Great info! Thank you for letting us know.

I would love to use a Convertor in my Starwalker Cool Blue

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

"Churn the Butter"

Monteverde Mini International Converter...it works...small ink capacity but at least it works. Tight fit...no leaks...solid converter. Thank you Pendemonium.

Superb! Do you know if this would work on a Boheme? Might not be able to fill it as much though... How can I get one :) :) Thanks!

Edited by bsodmike

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)

• 1 month later...
i am in singapore, may i know where can i get this piston converter?

I have seen something quite similar in Art Friend. Only costs about a dollar or so.

Looking to exchange ink samples! Available: Noodler's Bulletproof Black, Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses, Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, Noodler's Operation Overlord Orange

1) Converter can be bought at Pendemonium.com

2) It DOES fit on my 100 year Anniversary Starwalker

3) Will not work on the small Boheme but any standard MB converter will fit the large Boheme with the fixed nib.

-Marcos

Great news and thank you for posting. I will get my Starwalker out of the cupboard and try again to get to love it.

Chris

Here is a short squeeze converter posted on Ebay. Looks like it might work, too, on short cartridge pens, that lack the room to squirrel a short spare. I have a very, very, short MonteVerde Essenz and even the short plunger cartridge is too long. It works, but, if you load ink in it and pull the plunger all the way back, you are going to have a mess when you screw the barrel back on. Always have to back off the plunger. Have been living with it, but, going to try this Ebay converter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/short-squeeze-fountain...#ht_1021wt_1167

or Ebay search on "short squeeze fountain pen ink converter pump"

Edited by danamark

hi, i found a good idea to make myself a piston convertor for mont blanc using the cartidge.

My wife by mistake brought me a campo marzio piston converter. i realise you can remove the metal ring at its tip and fit a "cut" cartridge (MB) over the tip of the piston converter like a tight virgin. (you can glue it together using pvc glue. but i suggest not to. in case the original cart nib is broken you still can replace one with ease)

it is so good that you can even fill the piston over the rear screw tip of the mont blanc.

hi, i found a good idea to make myself a piston convertor for mont blanc using the cartidge.

My wife by mistake brought me a campo marzio piston converter. i realise you can remove the metal ring at its tip and fit a "cut" cartridge (MB) over the tip of the piston converter like a tight virgin. (you can glue it together using pvc glue. but i suggest not to. in case the original cart nib is broken you still can replace one with ease)

it is so good that you can even fill the piston over the rear screw tip of the mont blanc.

Hi,

Check this website out... for other Modified Ink Converters........

http://www.stutler.cc/pens/converters/index.html

Edited by danamark

Hi,

Check this website out... for other Modified Ink Converters........

http://www.stutler.cc/pens/converters/index.html

it is a good website, but i think i will stick to using my modified one.

I've been using Pelikan convertor since I bought the black resin starwalker 3 years ago. Still working very well. It also works on my 100 Years anv Starwalker.

Daniel (PCS73)

Here is a short squeeze converter posted on Ebay. Looks like it might work, too, on short cartridge pens, that lack the room to squirrel a short spare. I have a very, very, short MonteVerde Essenz and even the short plunger cartridge is too long. It works, but, if you load ink in it and pull the plunger all the way back, you are going to have a mess when you screw the barrel back on. Always have to back off the plunger. Have been living with it, but, going to try this Ebay converter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/short-squeeze-fountain...#ht_1021wt_1167

or Ebay search on "short squeeze fountain pen ink converter pump"

I have a couple of these converters and they do not fit my Greta Garbo or my Mozart. The end does not fit in properly (it is too large to fit into the nib unit). You may have more luck with larger nib units on other pens. I've found the monte verde is the only one that fits, it's only disadvantage being it holds a much smaller amount of ink, therefore more filling. This may not be a problem if you are home a lot (as I am as I work mainly from home) but it may be a problem if you work outside the home and have to fill frequently.

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!