Montblanc Whiteforest Season's Greetings scented ink

Michael R.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MontblancWhiteforest.jpg

A few other green inks for compariosn:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MontblancWhiteforest2.jpg

Enjoy

Michael

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• QM2

• GreenVelvet

• dashreeve

Nice review & nice lookin' ink! Any idea how it compares to MB's Racing Green?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Whiteforest is a true dark green towards blueish, emerald green tones; Racing Green is a dark greyish olive green. Also I think the whiteforest flows more freely.

Here is a quick scan:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/RacingWhiteforest.jpg

(scan is not adjusted in detail but shows the difference nicely)

Cheers

Michael

Michael, any idea who is making MB's ink these days? In recent years, there seems to be a trend toward darker, more subtle shades.

JN

That is a nice green. I wasn't aware of Montblanc's seasonal inks until I happened across a thread in FPN, and I liked the bottle. Is it the same bottle shape? (Sometimes I'm sucker for the packaging, which explains my two bottles of Iroshizuku: tsuki-yo, which looks similar to this green, and the grey ink, General Winter (?).)

Thanks for the review and the comparisons. That's very helpful!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, Whiteforest has the same bottle as last years Season's Greetings Inks (Cookies and Spices,...) which has a lot of visual appeal (reminds me of Asian design). The Love Letter inks have different bottles again...

I like those different designs as well; looks much nicer compared to a regular bottle of Pelikan ink (but again you are paying for the design! The Season's Greetings ink costs almost 12 Euros (US $ 15) for 30 ml).

I have no idea who produces inks for Montblanc, but you are right. Most new colors are either rich or subtle, elegant shades which quickly became favorite users.

Michael

Thanks for the review. I really like the way that your swabs of the ink show the degree of variation for the same color!

Seconded, Great review thanks Michael!

I also really like these Season's Greetings inks and the look of the bottle but find I'm having trouble filling medium-large nib pens, even tipping the new bottles I can barely get to the section on my M800. I'll probably have to transfer the ink to get a second fill out of it. :crybaby:

my most favored pens

Montblanc Meisterstuck No146 - Pelikan M800 - Namiki Raden - Parker51

Yeah that is a keeper. Got my order in for a couple bottles and boxes. Love the name too.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Argh, I'm suffering from not being able to see this image!! Curses upon my network with its random firewall applications.

Do you have the image posted anywhere (on a blog or photo site) that I might be able to see?

Yes, they are in my photobucket album "PENSnINKS".

Cheers

Michael

Thanks so much for the beautiful review, but oh how this ink torments me!

I am "right next door" in Austria, and the saleswoman at the stationary shop said that there are no plans to make it available in Austria! Aaaaaaaaaaaa : (((

Excellent review. I am definitely putting this on my want list.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

This is a beautiful green! It'll go well with a Malachite MB I scavenged from fleabay. Thanks so much for the review!

I wonder though, does the scent stick in the pen after the ink's been switched out? That'd smell splendid!

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

Thank you Michael for the review. Beautiful colors and scans! Mont Blanc seems to always come out with neat inks. Now, what about comparing this kind of ink to ones such as Parker Penman Emerald, Waterman Green, Parker Quink Green and Sheaffer? That would be and interesting comparison too.

Do you think one day Mont Blanc will come out with a yellow ink with New Car Smell?

Cheers,

Shamouti

Thanks for the review. We wanted to use a green ink this year for our Christmas cards. Can this be purcheased at stores that sell Montbalnc inks?

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got the ink today from the big MB boutique in Vienna!

I find the colour spectacular: a cool-tone dark green that is vibrant enough to be festive, but also subdued enough to be suitable for everyday use, including work. The flow is excellent! I am now using it in my Bexley Owner's Club 2008 with a .6mm stub, and it is very smooth.

The pine scent is considerably more subtle than the very strong smells of the other MB scented inks I have. It smells not so much like a household cleaner, but more like a man's shaving product. An older man's. Not my favourite scent to tell the truth, so the fact that it is so subtle is good.

The colour and flow of this ink are impressive, and I will probably be using it as my daily ink for a while. I love green inks and winter themes, so for me this is just a divine ink to own. Definitely my favourite of the MB Season's Greeting's series.

Edited by QM2