Waterman Perspective Light Blue

cfpen

My first review is about a new pen on the market, the Waterman Pespective. I got it on ebay last weekend in light blue finish. It is fitted with a steel medium nib.

The pen is coming without a converter, only with a cartridge. It is not a big issue, as far as I had a spare one for my two others Watermans.

When capped, this pen is almost the same length as a Pelikan M805, the diameter is a little smaller, and the pen feels heavier. This is a full metal body with some engravings on it.

Loaded with Caran d'Ache Amazon, it is writing very well, smoothly, no problems at start-up, a real pleasure.

Nothing special with the filling system as it is a converter.

I am pleased with it, it is beautiful, writing well and not too much expensive. If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

Now some pics and comparisons.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_1.jpg

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_2.jpg

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_4.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cfpen

• WesleyW

• hari317

• Ondina

Nice photos of the pen and the writing samples. How long is the pen? Is it as large as a Waterman Exception?

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Nice photos of the pen and the writing samples. How long is the pen? Is it as large as a Waterman Exception?

From I found on the web, compared to the Exception, its length is 3 millimetres larger, so it is quite the same size

My first review is about a new pen on the market, the Waterman Pespective. I got it on ebay last weekend in light blue finish. It is fitted with a steel medium nib.

The pen is coming without a converter, only with a cartridge. It is not a big issue, as far as I had a spare one for my two others Watermans.

When capped, this pen is almost the same length as a Pelikan M805, the diameter is a little smaller, and the pen feels heavier. This is a full metal body with some engravings on it.

Loaded with Caran d'Ache Amazon, it is writing very well, smoothly, no problems at start-up, a real pleasure.

Nothing special with the filling system as it is a converter.

I am pleased with it, it is beautiful, writing well and not too much expensive. If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

Now some pics and comparisons.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_1.jpg

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_2.jpg

What size is the nib Fine? medium?

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/perpective_4.jpg

Not bad. I usually don't like Watermans, but this is quite nice.

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

..If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

There is, the Perspective gold/black has a gold nib.

Are you sure ? From what I read (Fountain Pen Hospital, Waterman, JML) it is a gold plated stainless steel nib.

..If only Waterman could make a gold nib for it...

There is, the Perspective gold/black has a gold nib.

Are you sure ? From what I read (Fountain Pen Hospital, Waterman, JML) it is a gold plated stainless steel nib.

Lol, I thought you just want one with a golden colour :embarrassed_smile: .

But do you think this pen is worth to buy? I'm considering to buy a rollerball with a silver finish. I'm not sure if I would also buy the fountain pen. I've used fountain pens for many years, but I'm not sure if I still like fountain pens. Perhaps I should use my Parker Vector fountain to see if it's ok.

But do you think this pen is worth to buy? I'm considering to buy a rollerball with a silver finish. I'm not sure if I would also buy the fountain pen. I've used fountain pens for many years, but I'm not sure if I still like fountain pens. Perhaps I should use my Parker Vector fountain to see if it's ok.

Yes but.

Yes because it is a good pen with good finishes and it writes smoothly.

But on ebay you can find both Perspective and the Carene in the same store (JML) at a very good price (93€ versus 76€). In this case I don't know (and these two lovely pens are mine)

Yes but.

Yes because it is a good pen with good finishes and it writes smoothly.

But on ebay you can find both Perspective and the Carene in the same store (JML) at a very good price (93€ versus 76€). In this case I don't know (and these two lovely pens are mine)

Carene FP for € 76? That's really cheap. In the Netherlands, the Carene FP will be available for € 180 and the Perspective FP for €115 (Roller €100). I don't think, I would spend more than €150 for one pen. I also don't trust Ebay, so the Carene isn't an option for me.

I think, it's pretty sure I would buy the perspective rollerball. But I'm still thinking to buy the Perspective FP or the Lamy 2000. It's a difficult decision.

• 9 months later...

So I quickly tried out this pen at my local B&M and it felt a little heavy. Anybody else experience it with this pen? I am not saying that's a drawback as I still haven't decided. Just curious what the people who own this pen think of the weight and how it compares to other pens they have.

Currently inked pens:

• Pelikan M205 Amethyst [F] (Noodler's Manhattan Blue)
  • Shaeffer PFM II Blue (Private Reserve Naples Blue)
  • Lamy 2000 [binder Italifine 0.7/0.5] (J. Herbin Vert Empire)
  • Waterman Ideal N° 01855 (Noodler's Walnut)
  • Pilot Vanishing Point Mustard [binder Stub Italic 0.6] (Noodler's Walnut)

So I quickly tried out this pen at my local B&M and it felt a little heavy. Anybody else experience it with this pen? I am not saying that's a drawback as I still haven't decided. Just curious what the people who own this pen think of the weight and how it compares to other pens they have.

I have to admit that I agree with you : a little heavy for long writing sessions. In that case I prefer my Pelikans.

• 1 year later...

Looks like avery nice pen and after a quick check I found that Mr Lewertowski on ebay has very reasonable prices. I might go for that.

"If we can imagine anything,perhaps we can achieve anything we imagine. What we imagine then becomes our destiny."

Henry David Thoreau

• 1 year later...

I just bought one of these pens, and I can't get the converter from my Phileas to snap into place in the Perspective. It doesn't seem like the converter pushes in far enough. It's such a tight fit, I started pushing the nib/feed unit out of the grip section with the converter. Has anyone else found it difficult to use a Perspective with the regular Waterman converter? Is something wrong with the pen I received or are there different types of Waterman converters?

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find a grip section for a Waterman Laureat? The threaded part broke on my dad's Laureat somehow.

-Andy

Edited by andrew98