Modern Flat-top Collection Photos

QM2

Now that I am back from Europe and my collection is all together, I can show off share these images!

Flat-top pens are the main focus of my collection. These are some of the modern ones I own: [though

strictly speaking, only the 4 pens on the right are true flat-tops; others are domed/tapered...]

http://queenmargot.com/flattop1.jpg

From left to right: Aurora Telentum Finesse; Delta Fellini LE; Parker Duofold Centennial (old style);

Conway Stewart Duro Heritage; Bexley Deluxe II Antique; Stipula Saturno.

http://queenmargot.com/flattop2.jpg

Some more "semi-flat-tops". Left to right: Montegrappa Micra; Sailor Sapporo; Pelikan M215 Lozenge;

Bexley Owner's Club '08; Delta Dolce Vita Soiree; Omas Paragon Milord (old style).

http://queenmargot.com/nailheads2.jpg

"Nailheads", left to right: Yard-o-Led Perfecta Victorian (pencil); Yard-o-Led Viceroy Victorian;

Montblanc Greta Garb; Montblanc Kafka; Faber Castell Guilloche; Yard-o-Led Corinthian.

I posted a thread about nailheads here, for those who are interested:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=77459

http://queenmargot.com/flattop_overlay.jpg

...And, my favourite: silver overlays/filigree. Left to right: Yard-o-Led Victorians (sorry for the repeat);

Krone Architectus Gothic; Visconti Taj Mahal; Krone Architectus Swords; Conway Stewart Centenary.

Well, there it is. I imagine that for many people these may seem pretty boring, as I am not big on colour

and most pens I own are black/cream/gray/metal. But I like the simplicity of neutral colours, and the way

the allow the details of the pens to stand out.

Anybody else out there love flat-tops?

QM2

Edited by QM2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QM2

• FrankB

• Rufus

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat Tops are my favourite pen design and you have a magnificent collection. I have six of the pens you are showing: Parker Duofold Centennial, Stipula Saturno, Bexley 15th Anniversary/Poseidon, Omas Milord old-style, Bexley Deluxe and Pelikan M215. I particularly like the CS Duro Heritage and frequently visit Richard B's site to drool over the one he has pictured; unfortunately the price is just too high. I've also been tempted to pick up an Aurora Talentum, but I find Aurora nibs too rigid. Does the crescent-filler in your Stipula Saturno rattle?

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

I particularly like the CS Duro Heritage and frequently visit Richard B's site to drool over the one he has pictured; unfortunately the price is just too high.

Check with Oscar Braun Pens or Bromfield Pen Shop if you want a lower price. I picked mine up on sale at Bromfield for $360. This is a great pen that is not only beautiful, but extremely comfortable. Mine has a Fine Italic nib and I cannot stop using it.

I've also been tempted to pick up an Aurora Talentum, but I find Aurora nibs too rigid.

Definitely not the case with the Talentum. My XF nib is almost a semi-flex. It writes with a flair and gives great line variation.

Does the crescent-filler in your Stipula Saturno rattle?

On mine, no. But I have seen posts by others who have described the rattling, as well as loose rotation. If you take a look at this thread, you can read a slew of feedback from users:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=68114

Edited by QM2

I would love to see your collection, but my computer is not displaying the photos. I wonder, is it my computer or FPN?

Edited: By the way, "Wilkommen zurueck!"

Edited by FrankB

I would love to see your collection, but my computer is not displaying the photos. I wonder, is it my computer or FPN?

Edited: By the way, "Wilkommen zurueck!"

Thanks, it is good to be back. Strange about the images; my server seems to be working fine. But even for me, some of them are showing up and some are not. They worked earlier today. Hm : (

I got the images this tme. :thumbup:

That is a great collection. You have three of my all time favorites in there - the older Duofold Centennial, the Bexley Deluxe II and the Dolce Vita Soiree. Oddly, in the Deluxe range I have the "Big Red" color, the Mandarin and the Jungle Pattern, but I never got the Cream.

Anyway, happy writing!

You have three of my all time favorites in there - the older Duofold Centennial, the Bexley Deluxe II and the Dolce Vita Soiree. Oddly, in the Deluxe range I have the "Big Red" color, the Mandarin and the Jungle Pattern, but I never got the Cream.

The cream Bexley Deluxe II is one of my favourite pens. The ebonite endcaps and the huge 10K gold capband give it quite a distinct look. Mine is a 1.3mm stub, so the line produced matches the grandeur of the pen itself. If you have a chance, I would recommend getting the cream to complete your collection. The shade is remarkable.