Diamine Claret

calliej

Hope you can read my handwriting!

The paper is from a WHS journal - a lovely quality to use with FP's similar in this instance to Rhodia.

Other points to note:

Ink was wet to the page drying quickly (no smearing after 5 secs) with no drying out of the nib even after 10mins of being left uncapped in this particular pen (not tested with others).

Colour is saturated with little shading from the medium nib of the Waterman but showing some shading with a Pilot Pluminix medium italic.

It is available in cartridge and bottle from Diamine (this was a free sample direct from the manufacturer).

There was no feathering from the Pilot, Waterman or the Lalex but a hint of bleedthrough on heavy downstrokes on the sample below.

On white paperchase paper the ink was wetter and smoother with no bleed through at all but in another journal that I have by wireworks I found the ink dry (in all fairness this is not good FP paper and all my inks are dry in the cream paper version).

I dont have any other pink inks so can't compare it directly but would say the scan is a good representation showing a cerise with extra blue overtones.

Hope this helps in association with the image :happyberet:

post-17422-1215574938_thumb.jpg

Edited by calliej

So I'm opinionated - get over it!!.......No, really - get over it!!

Hmmmm I was going to put up a WANTS list - but that's too long as well ......

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calliej

• richardandtracy

• Sharkle

• rakim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get those pink moments from time to time, and recently filled my Prera with Noodler's Shah's Rose, which is a bit pinker than your Diamine Claret. The Claret is very pretty! I'm just starting a collection of Diamine colors and it sure helps to have all these reviews to check out first. Great review, Callie! :thumbup:

Great review and penmanship Callie. I was debating which inks to get next and as I do not have a 'pinky ink', and I really like the Diamine inks, I was debating over thier Claret and Scarlet. Your review was timely and look forward to your next one.

Thanks, Callie. Good review. Your writing is very legible. I have a bottle of Diamine Claret and really like it - when I'm in the mood for pink. :wub:

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Yes, the Claret is very pink...a bit too much for my taste. I would call this colour "raspberry".

Have you noticed that it darkens when it dries?

Yes it did get darker as it dried. The wet ink was much brighter - a real cerise but it quickly dried taking the edge off of it. I guess you could say its like a raspberry syrup........ (that you put on icecream - yum)

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you can read my handwriting!

The paper is from a WHS journal - a lovely quality to use with FP's similar in this instance to Rhodia.

Other points to note:

Ink was wet to the page drying quickly (no smearing after 5 secs) with no drying out of the nib even after 10mins of being left uncapped in this particular pen (not tested with others).

Colour is saturated with little shading from the medium nib of the Waterman but showing some shading with a Pilot Pluminix medium italic.

It is available in cartridge and bottle from Diamine (this was a free sample direct from the manufacturer).

There was no feathering from the Pilot, Waterman or the Lalex but a hint of bleedthrough on heavy downstrokes on the sample below.

On white paperchase paper the ink was wetter and smoother with no bleed through at all but in another journal that I have by wireworks I found the ink dry (in all fairness this is not good FP paper and all my inks are dry in the cream paper version).

I dont have any other pink inks so can't compare it directly but would say the scan is a good representation showing a cerise with extra blue overtones.

Hope this helps in association with the image :happyberet:

I bought a bottle of this colour for my daughter to go with a new pen I bought her for her Graduation, I keep looking at it myself, and ask is this too femine or could I use it, the answer being not as a utillity ink for every day use, but I can imadgine it in a Journal, although I have already picked an other Journal ink, Diamine Turquoise, only trouble is I am finding a little trouble with it at present, skipping in most of my pens, but Phil is looking at that

Bob

Living in an age gone bye

I personally wouldn't think anything of a chap wanting to write with this colour...... If it fits the mood..... I say go for it! Try a few pages and see how it looks......

I personally wouldn't think anything of a chap wanting to write with this colour......

I have the YOL bottled version of this ink. I quite like it, and have no qualms about using it at work, along with greens & browns.

Regards

Richard.

Hi,

I have a bottle and I love the color since it matches some of my pens. It doesn't stain my pens, at least the ones I have.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• 2 weeks later...

Just a brief comment on your handwriting which is very attractive, legible and seems to flow effortlessly across the page. Your writing looks so smooth - I'd be very surprised if you ever suffer from cramp.

Also, writing between the lines is a great idea IMO as it gives the lettering room to "breathe"

This is inspirational work - thanks for posting.

Just a brief comment on your handwriting which is very attractive, legible and seems to flow effortlessly across the page. Your writing looks so smooth - I'd be very surprised if you ever suffer from cramp.

Also, writing between the lines is a great idea IMO as it gives the lettering room to "breathe"

This is inspirational work - thanks for posting.

Thank you - I have had to adapt my writing over the last few years due to physical ailments to find a grip and style which is loose and comfortable so you are right, I don't suffer from cramps and can actually write like the above sample for hours at a time taking notes. The grip and style change dependant on the thickness or girth of the pen and its weight. For example if I were to use the same grip as the sample with a Lamy Safari I wouldnt last half a page as the section is too narrow to hold comfortably but if I flip it around between 2 fingers I don't have a problem.

I like to use the lines to 'frame' the words rather than cut through them....though that aspect often changes with my mood.

I have more than 10 different hadnwriting styles - this one is the most common and comfortable and the one to which all of my note taking reverts.....

• 1 month later...
I personally wouldn't think anything of a chap wanting to write with this colour......

I have the YOL bottled version of this ink. I quite like it, and have no qualms about using it at work, along with greens & browns.

Regards

Richard.

I also have the YOL version and find it ideal to use as a highlighter ink in an F nib.

I couldn't write a full page with it though; it would damage my retinas! ;)

Leonie

@leoniethomas18

• 5 months later...

Thanks much for the review! Could someone post how quickly this one dries?

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!