Impatient and angree part 2

goodguy

After 12 hr of shift work I run srtait to the post office.The skies opened up and I was as wet as a dog but it is all worth it to get my pen.

I proudly give the girl at the post office the note for the package,she scans it looks at me and tells me she doesnt have it.In fact she doesnt know whats going on.I felt like somebody is going to jump out and say-WE GOT YOU.But no such luck its just me and my blipping note with NO PACKAGE,NO PEN no NOTHING :angry: .

Not sure what I am more disapointed or angree.The girl said maybe they sent it to the wrong post office and its worth to check them too.

Well there I am again running through the rain wet like I just came from a swiming pool and run down to the garage taking my car and drive to the second post office only to hear "Sorry sir we dont have it".

I drive to the third post office and as expected "We dont have it".

I got back home at 8:30 pm after going to work at 5 am wet,tired and NO PEN.

Canada post you got me good,no one knows where is my pen,my most expensive pen I ever bought and a pen I am dreaming of at night,its somewhere around.

All I can do now is pray and hope for the best because it will not help to scream or cry :crybaby:

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• Robert Hughes

• lapis

• toyota

Top Posters In This Topic

Far out, I don't believe the post system! My sympathies goodguy, it must be an agonising wait. So do they have any idea on where the pen is at the moment? I hope it gets home safely and SOON. :unsure:

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

Geeeez Amir,

I know what you mean. They have me bouncing between two post offices and then last week I received a Final notice when I had never received the first two......shaking my head.......

If you have the tracking number do the online check.

https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

move to the U.S.

Less taxes, we're freer, cost of living is less and the postal system is more efficient and doesn't ask forcustoms as much as when I lived there.

Happy ex Canadian ( well not quite I still have 4 more years before I can become a US citizen)

Goodguy,

This is weird. Where could your pen be, if it is not at the post offices?

I am sorry to hear about what has happened. Hopefully, your story will end at Part 3.

purpledog

okay, that is really weird.

Could it have been sent back to the main PO?

FWIW, both times I bought pen from Pam I had to pick it up not at the post office, but at Purolator. I sure hope you find your pen, soon!

Edited by limesally

move to the U.S.

Less taxes, we're freer, cost of living is less and the postal system is more efficient and doesn't ask forcustoms as much as when I lived there.

Happy ex Canadian ( well not quite I still have 4 more years before I can become a US citizen)

I don't know about a more efficient postal system here in the US. In my part of the US the postal system is extremely unreliable and complaining does absolutely no good.

I get mail at least one to two times a week intended for someone else, sometimes several miles from me; not just junk mail but things such as other peoples bills. My neighbour is constantly delivering mail to us because she gets our mail frequently; just last week she got a watch I bought for someone as a gift. A decent sized brown box and the mailman gave it to the wrong person. Someone is always home yet we get notes saying no one was here when they tried to deliver an item.

Concerning our mail going to other people & us receiving others mail, I called the post office about that. Their solution? They would send me a special sticker to stick on my mail box to tell the mail man to double check address before depositing them in my mail box. What a stupid idea! A bright sticker to tell the mailman I called to complain about him so he won't give me other peoples mail. That still doesn't solve the problem of my mail going to other people & if the mailman ends up being a not so nice person I'd be afraid of him purposefully causing problems in the future after advertising I complained about him.

I wish I could say I trust alternatives such as FedEx but I've had problems with them as well. Twice I had a package sent back to the sender; they told the sender they attempted delivery three times and left a note. Not once did they attempt deliver! Not once did they leave a note! The sender had to use an alternative shipping service to send the package to me. We know it was sent to the correct address. In fact when the sender resent it (after two tries with FedEx) he put the original package for FedEx in another box; that box showed that he correctly put my address on it.

I guess people don't value their work much, and they obviously don't care that they've been entrusted with other peoples goods, important documents, letters, &c.

If anyone else actually has a good experience with the US post office, with no more than normal human errors occasionally, I envy you. I'm afraid that what ever I order might never make it to me. I have to try and carefully keep track of when I should receive a bill because my credit card statements and other bills can and have been delivered to the wrong address.

This thread is all too similar to my bad experience with the US postal system (and on an occasion even FedEx).

In Aus, we have Australia Post.

Mail comes into their sorting offices and is dispatched to the appropriate local Post Office, each of which is usually run by a private company who has no relationship with Australia Post, except for handling the mail, and having a big sign that says 'Australia Post', but it really isn't.

Mail is sorted locally and handed to a Postman, who is really an employee of Australia Post, except he is not based in that Post Office, but in a local Depot, which is part of Australia Post. Except for parcels, large and small (like pens that are too big to fit in your letterbox). These are given to a private contractor who delivers parcels. Unless they need to be signed for, when they are given to a different contractor. Except that small parcels which were judged small enough to fit into your letter box, and really couldn't, which then go back to the Depot the Postman came from and then dispatched back to the Post Office, and a little card is left in your letterbox.

It is truly amazing that I ever get any pens at all...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Another update.

Another update,I called Canada Post customer service,the guy was very very nice and gave a reference number.

He promissed to give me a callback in 5 working days.

I keep my fingers crossed.

Respect to all

move to the U.S.

Been there done that for 15 years, now happily back in Canada.

Amir sorry to hear about the screw up. This sort of incompetence drives me insane.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

I went to the post office to collect a package containing not one but two pens - only to find out that the delivery truck (and contents) had been stolen.

omg, Amir!

My heart goes out to you, man. I've been there (not with pens yet but with other valuables). Sooo not fun!

Five working days?! Total torture! :crybaby:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

move to the U.S.

I don't know about a more efficient postal system here in the US. In my part of the US the postal system is extremely unreliable and complaining does absolutely no good.

I get mail at least one to two times a week intended for someone else, sometimes several miles from me; not just junk mail but things such as other peoples bills. My neighbour is constantly delivering mail to us because she gets our mail frequently; just last week she got a watch I bought for someone as a gift. A decent sized brown box and the mailman gave it to the wrong person. Someone is always home yet we get notes saying no one was here when they tried to deliver an item.

Concerning our mail going to other people & us receiving others mail, I called the post office about that. Their solution? They would send me a special sticker to stick on my mail box to tell the mail man to double check address before depositing them in my mail box. What a stupid idea! A bright sticker to tell the mailman I called to complain about him so he won't give me other peoples mail. That still doesn't solve the problem of my mail going to other people & if the mailman ends up being a not so nice person I'd be afraid of him purposefully causing problems in the future after advertising I complained about him.

I wish I could say I trust alternatives such as FedEx but I've had problems with them as well. Twice I had a package sent back to the sender; they told the sender they attempted delivery three times and left a note. Not once did they attempt deliver! Not once did they leave a note! The sender had to use an alternative shipping service to send the package to me. We know it was sent to the correct address. In fact when the sender resent it (after two tries with FedEx) he put the original package for FedEx in another box; that box showed that he correctly put my address on it.

I guess people don't value their work much, and they obviously don't care that they've been entrusted with other peoples goods, important documents, letters, &c.

If anyone else actually has a good experience with the US post office, with no more than normal human errors occasionally, I envy you. I'm afraid that what ever I order might never make it to me. I have to try and carefully keep track of when I should receive a bill because my credit card statements and other bills can and have been delivered to the wrong address.

This thread is all too similar to my bad experience with the US postal system (and on an occasion even FedEx).

May I suggest that the problem with you missorted mail is not the post system, but your idiot of a mailman who failed to acutally read the adresses on the things he was delivering? Your probem happened to my family, but that postman was fired, and the new one has had no such problems. The only real problems you can blame on the system and not the actualy postman are losing the box or letter. Everything else seems to be caused be an incompotent mail deeverer.

Also, my symapthies about the Aurora. I had enough ofa hard time waiting 3 days for my Safari (first fountain pen purchased onine). I woud be going crazy over what you are going through. :(

-Nkk

May I suggest that the problem with you missorted mail is not the post system, but your idiot of a mailman who failed to acutally read the adresses on the things he was delivering? Your probem happened to my family, but that postman was fired, and the new one has had no such problems. The only real problems you can blame on the system and not the actualy postman are losing the box or letter. Everything else seems to be caused be an incompotent mail deeverer.

Also, my symapthies about the Aurora. I had enough ofa hard time waiting 3 days for my Safari (first fountain pen purchased onine). I woud be going crazy over what you are going through. :(

-Nkk

I wish it was just this one mailman. In the past several years we've gone through several mail men. We had one great mailman, but he didn't stay around for long; things like this didn't happen when he was around. The other three we've had, including the current one, seem to have a very difficult time getting the mail where it needs to go. If it was only one of them I'd think it was more likely a problem with the individual; but if they are really hiring that many incompetent people then I blame the post office for not hiring and keeping better employees. Maybe one day we'll get another good one! (It's as though they pick the low performing mailmen and assign them to my route :( )

Fellow penmen,

I have to tell you of the mail delivery problem I heard about when I visited Ireland a few years ago to go fishing.

There is one chap in a small village with his name. He runs a fishing boat. He fished for giant bluefin tuna. Everyone (except the mailman) knows this in the whole locality. He is famous for it.

He had ordered a fighting chair from Italy for his boat. This is not a small parcel but is about the size of a small wardrobe or mini car.

After a long wait for delivery, he comes home to find a note saying "Package returned to sender [in Italy!!] as addressee unknown/no one at home" - not even a "call this number to arrange delivery"!!!

So, count your blessings. This chair cost more than most pens and took some tracking down before eventually being delivered to the only chap within a hundred miles in any direction wanting such a product.

Chris

-Nkk

I wish it was just this one mailman. In the past several years we've gone through several mail men. We had one great mailman, but he didn't stay around for long; things like this didn't happen when he was around. The other three we've had, including the current one, seem to have a very difficult time getting the mail where it needs to go. If it was only one of them I'd think it was more likely a problem with the individual; but if they are really hiring that many incompetent people then I blame the post office for not hiring and keeping better employees. Maybe one day we'll get another good one! (It's as though they pick the low performing mailmen and assign them to my route :( )

You're not alone, Augustine. Interesting to note we're both in Florida. My neighborhood has pods of locking mail boxes + larger boxes for deliveries. After 3 bouts of stolen items where the empty packaging was placed in my box sans contents and enough misrouted mail to annoy the entire neighborhood [i now know my neighbors better than I ever wanted to], the postal inspector gave me the direct number for the local P.O.'s top manager so I can call immediately. On one memorable occasion an inspector had to go out and cruise the ENTIRE route to find the box the incompetent had put my $500 worth of Amazon.com packages inside. Best of all is when they cram a box inside the metal box that can't be removed from my side because of the lip of the little door. Nothing like having them send delivery confirmation to shippers when they've delivered to the WRONG HOUSE. :bonk: :angry:

Well I guess I have to add mailperson you know personally as part of the blessings of living in a medium sized town. :thumbup: Even after moving to another house I still get mail delivered to the newer house addressed to the old house 2 years after (the readdress thingy was good only for 1 year).

I am not always keen about living in a small rural area, but I guess when it comes to mail delivery it is not so bad. The woman who delivers my mail on Saturday called me one Saturday evening to make sure I got a package that was left sticking out of the box a little bit. It started to rain and she wanted to make sure the package did not get wet. If I had not been home, she was going to drive over and take the package home and redeliver it to me safe and sound. Even though the union contract states that a rural carrier does not need to get out of his car to deliver the mail, my regular mailman will, if I am not home, put the mail on the seat of my car if it is parked in the driveway.

On the other hand, someone once left me a brightly wrapped Christmas gift in my mail box and the postal worker took it and later thanked me for the Christmas gift. I figured best to just let it go and appear to be generous. :)

Small towns are not perfect by any means, but I guess when it comes to the mail it is not so bad. j

Guy, I wish you all the best. Sorry that it's an Aurora too. I don't know who has the worst postal system. Maye we do (and that's why we already have 3 or 4 different ones simultaneously (I think). But who cares? Lots of luck!!!

Mike :angry: :angry:

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

As a fellow Torontonian, I feel for you. Recently I found that the Canada Post delivery system a bit out of sync, they don’t even attempt to drop off my parcels anymore and just leave me a slip for pickup, which may or may not have arrived at the designated post office yet depending on my luck.

Give it a couple of days and call the post office again.