Impatient and angree

goodguy

I waited for 2 weeks to my new pen to get from Italy to Pam-my Aurora Nobeli.

Pam didnt wait for me to send the money to her,she sent it immidietly because she knew how much I want the pen (super lady with super service).

I figured the pen will get to Canada on friday so I stayed at home waiting for to the pen.Just to be sure I didnt use the phone so if and when the mail man will call me I will buzz him/her up.

Well nothing happened till 1 pm so I went down to the mail box only to find a note telling me the package want delivered because there was no answer and pick up the package tomorrow at 5 pm.This mean I will get the pen only on monday.

Not fare,they didnt even bothered to phone or come up to my condo,I am witing to the pen and now have to wait few more days to it.

Respect to all

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• Maja

• Neill78

• Pravda

I know how you feel, waiting is the hardest part.

Make sure you leave a note or something on the mailbox so that the mailman will deliver your pen on Monday. Can't wait for your review of it.

Pam didnt wait for me to send the money to her,she sent it immidietly because she knew how much I want the pen (super lady with super service).

I figured the pen will get to Canada on friday so I stayed at home waiting for to the pen.Just to be sure I didnt use the phone so if and when the mail man will call me I will buzz him/her up.

Well nothing happened till 1 pm so I went down to the mail box only to find a note telling me the package want delivered because there was no answer and pick up the package tomorrow at 5 pm.This mean I will get the pen only on monday.

Not fare,they didnt even bothered to phone or come up to my condo,I am witing to the pen and now have to wait few more days to it.

Goodguy, patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace and Grace is a little girl who wouldn't wash her face. Sorry to hear about this, but for us'uns who live in a house in the 'burbs, this is the way it is: no doorstep mail delivery, I have to trudge to the pod of mailboxes at the corner every afternoon to retrieve the delivery notice and then jump in my car and high tail it to the postal sub-station before it closes to pick up my package and pay unto Caesar (Canada Customs) the taxes as levied. But, in the overall scheme of things it's worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing your pen on the 21st; I'll have my new Aurora Optima inked and ready for you to try and if your really well behaved you'll be able to try my new (received today from the aforementioned Canada Post sub-station) Classic Pens Legend in Garnet Fire.

Edited by Rufus

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

:( I hate that feeling of knowing it is so close but you cannot get to it... Well at least you'll have a good reason to rejoice on Monday morning ;)

Congratulation again for the Nobeli!

Lamy AL-star - 1.1 (Omas Violet)

Nakaya Celluloid Mottishaw F Flex (PR Arabian Rose)

Omas Bologna - M (Noodler's Golden Brown)

Pelikan M620 Grand Place - Binder XF/XXF Flex (Noodler's Navajo Turquoise)

Stipula 22 - 0.9 (Waterman Florida Blue)

Waterman Patrician - M (Waterman Florida Blue)

Thank you all for the kind words.

RUFUS-I cant wait to try the new Aurora and CP pen.

Respect to all

I can relate to this 100%. The same thing happened to me many times while I was unemployed and buying off eBay :rolleyes:

I can't count the # of parcel notices that were pushed through our mail slot saying there was "No answer".

The reason that there was no answer is because the person who was supposed to deliver the parcel

(a.) almost certainly didn't even bring it with him/her ...so why bother ringing the bell?

(b.) he/she certainly did not ring the doorbell :angry:

The doorbell seemed to work for the Jehovah's Witnesses who came to our door with some regularity. Why not for Canada Post? (and no, I'm not going to turn this into a religious thread :lol: )

Goodguy, sorry to hear the same thing happened with you. Hang in there!

Hi Amir.. sorry bro that must have been pretty annoying.. well, one more day to go and you'll have it :)

If your mailman is accustomed to playing such tricks with you, next time you are expecting something that anxiously, write a note on your mailbox (sticky) saying if no answer pls call this number or keep ringing lol..

When I used to live in London I remember when the first RAZR came out I ordered it and was so anxious on receiving it I waited by the porch all day for the mailman.. London weather and all lol :)

I can relate to this 100%. The same thing happened to me many times while I was unemployed and buying off eBay :rolleyes:

I can't count the # of parcel notices that were pushed through our mail slot saying there was "No answer".

The reason that there was no answer is because the person who was supposed to deliver the parcel

(a.) almost certainly didn't even bring it with him/her ...so why bother ringing the bell?

(b.) he/she certainly did not ring the doorbell :angry:

The doorbell seemed to work for the Jehovah's Witnesses who came to our door with some regularity. Why not for Canada Post? (and no, I'm not going to turn this into a religious thread :lol: )

Goodguy, sorry to hear the same thing happened with you. Hang in there!

Dear Maja

Why aint I'm surprised :bonk: ,Canada post is the came "blipping" thing both in Ontario and BC.Well monday is comeing and I guess that will make it ever so sweeter :bunny01:

Respect to all

Hi Amir.. sorry bro that must have been pretty annoying.. well, one more day to go and you'll have it :)

If your mailman is accustomed to playing such tricks with you, next time you are expecting something that anxiously, write a note on your mailbox (sticky) saying if no answer pls call this number or keep ringing lol..

When I used to live in London I remember when the first RAZR came out I ordered it and was so anxious on receiving it I waited by the porch all day for the mailman.. London weather and all lol :)

Thank you for the comforting words my dear friend.

Tomorrow I am working and monday too so only at 8 pm I will get to pick up my new pen (thank god the post office is open till 9:30 pm).

Respect to all

Canada Post and Purolator do the same thing to me 9/10 times. I've been working from home 4 days a week for the past year, and my "office" is the dining room table. The doorbell may not ring but I can hear the mailbox shutting, and go out to collect the mail when I'm expecting something. The Purolator guy has to run to his truck in order to NOT give me the package (which isn't actually in the truck anyway). As the truck is driving down the street I am on the phone with the warehouse who confirms that yes, my package is there, but I will have to come pick it up. After I called that time the drivers always write the slip as if they had been there 2 days before... *sigh*

Oh- but they will deliver small, lightweight parcel envelopes. Those ones usually come with a $5 "inspection fee" though.

When I bring up the issue, I'm faced with total denial. Obviously,

A) I'm just imagining things

B) My doorbell must not be working

C) The slip must have been in there for a day or two and I just didn't see it until now (and the delivery person just wrote today's date by accident)

D) It's possible my package had the wrong address (then why did the slip get to the correct house???)

E) That driver was actually another driver who was delivering to another house on my street and I'm just mistaken (great logistics)

I'll say it again: *sigh*

And the government wonders why Canadians are so apathetic. What else can we be?

Neill

The same thing happened to me many times while I was unemployed and buying off eBay

Hmmm, well, what's my excuse? Oh, yeah, I'm retired (unemployed with honor :lol: ).

Nihonto Chicken

Canada Post and Purolator do the same thing to me 9/10 times. I've been working from home 4 days a week for the past year, and my "office" is the dining room table. The doorbell may not ring but I can hear the mailbox shutting, and go out to collect the mail when I'm expecting something. The Purolator guy has to run to his truck in order to NOT give me the package (which isn't actually in the truck anyway). As the truck is driving down the street I am on the phone with the warehouse who confirms that yes, my package is there, but I will have to come pick it up. After I called that time the drivers always write the slip as if they had been there 2 days before... *sigh*

Oh- but they will deliver small, lightweight parcel envelopes. Those ones usually come with a $5 "inspection fee" though.

When I bring up the issue, I'm faced with total denial. Obviously,

A) I'm just imagining things

B) My doorbell must not be working

C) The slip must have been in there for a day or two and I just didn't see it until now (and the delivery person just wrote today's date by accident)

D) It's possible my package had the wrong address (then why did the slip get to the correct house???)

E) That driver was actually another driver who was delivering to another house on my street and I'm just mistaken (great logistics)

I'll say it again: *sigh*

And the government wonders why Canadians are so apathetic. What else can we be?

Neill

....and why is there almost always no mail delivered on Fridays? :hmm1:

A friend whose husband is a "postie" (mailman) told me that they only have to deliver personal mail on Fridays, so if there is only junk mail to deliver, they can opt out of delivering it until Monday. Still, what are the odds that I get so little mail on Fridays, compared to Tues/Wed/Thursday??? :rolleyes:

Hey, just let the Jehovah's Witnesses deliver the parcels! On time, every time, never a no show... doorbell always works, etc etc... I like it... it's worth the extra effort to toss a couple of them out the window to get the pens in a timely fashion! Perhaps a conveyor belt from door to window, snagging the pens as the JW's head for the window...

one more day... :-)

Here where I live mailmen just carry these notices with them. Every time I get a parcel I must go to the Post Office between 6 pm and 8 pm and wait in looooooooooong queue of people willing to claim their packages. It all started with explosion of online shops and auctions. Post just cannot cope with such high volume of mail with so few employees doing the real work and unbridled administration. And they were on strike again the whole last week :/

What's odd, the companies like DHL, GLS and such also do not work well here. I think DHL broke the record holding my package for almost 2 weeks before last Christmas. And it was sent using "Next Day"... But at least they do deliver to your door and generally they would even call you first to check if you're available.

OK, tomorrow is Monday, I hope that maybe I will get at least a few from a dozen packages that are on their way to me.

Desire makes us crazy and postmen are just lazy :happyberet:

Desire makes us crazy and postmen are just lazy :happyberet:

A pen lover and a poet :ltcapd:

Respect to all

i hope you received your pen

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

i hope you received your pen

Not yet,tomorrow evening after work (it will be early tuesday morning in France).

Respect to all

I admit I often wonder if Canada Post always bothers to try to buzz up to our apartment, or if they just leave the door knocker in our mailbox and tick the "No Answer" box. We've had door knockers left when my girlfriend was definitely home. It's possible they managed to pick the one moment when she was downstairs getting laundry or something, but... it makes you wonder.

I appreciate it when they do buzz up with a package, but, really, I should be perceiving that as the expected standard of service, not something special.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

In defense of my local postie, and others, I've never had a "no answer" hanger left when I was actually home. I have had the excited pleasure of answering the doorbell to get packages on more than one occasion :). Same with couriers, actually. That's not to say that I haven't had to pick something up at the post office or courier depot from time to time, but only when I actually haven't been home to receive it.

Goodguy, hope you get your pen soon :D