Kultured

lisa

Since I got a new Kultur off eBay and I needed to take a picture of it for the seller because it was broken I thought I might as well make some pictures of my other 4 Kulturs.

I'm very new to photography, this is my first digital camera, but I thought they turned out nice enough to share. :)

the four together, demonstrator, lilac, blade/silver and brown

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur2.jpg

blade/silver and the beautiful brown slightly translucent one

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur3.jpg

nibs

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur4.jpg

more nibs

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur5.jpg

lilac and blade/silver

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur6.jpg

nib up close without ink

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur7.jpg

inked nibs

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur8.jpg

this shows off the brown one very well

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur9.jpg

same picture but with the lilac included

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur10.jpg

and again lilac and blade/silver

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mijnemmertje/fotografie/Kultur12.jpg

I kept the pictures at 1028 pixels because I know the forum software resizes them but thought people might like to click on them to see them a bit bigger. Oh and if anyone's wondering about the broken one, that's a demonstrator too.

edited because I thought I hit preview when I hit submit so wasn't done yet. ;)

Edited by lisa

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lisa

• Coche_y_bondhu

• artaddict

• Hans-Peter Ording

Thanks artaddict. :)

Those are nice colors! I'm always tempted to get more Kulturs... I have kept only one...an orange demonstrator.

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

Yes, it are the colors that lure me into buying more. When I saw the lilac one I just couldn't resist. It looks so pretty. Same with the brown. :blush:

The lilac and silver ones have a bit broader fine nibs. About the same as a Phileas fine which makes it a smoother writer. The caps also fit more snugly. On the inside they are ugly grey plastic but the paint doesn't seem to wear off very easily, they both look like new and don't have any scratches yet. :)

Edited by lisa

These photos are good enough for a Waterman catalogue. :) Great work.

So the brown one is slightly translucent? Interesting.

I own the light blue and the orange one, by the way (both translucent).

Hans-Peter

Yes, it are the colors that lure me into buying more. When I saw the lilac one I just couldn't resist. It looks so pretty. Same with the brown. :blush:

The lilac and silver ones have a bit broader fine nibs. About the same as a Phileas fine which makes it a smoother writer. The caps also fit more snugly. On the inside they are ugly grey plastic but the paint doesn't seem to wear off very easily, they both look like new and don't have any scratches yet. :)

I had and sold a yellow demonstrator and a clear one. Once in a while i feel like I have to sell some pens to justify buying more...

If I had the budget I would buy umpteen colors! I love the brown one - it looks metallic too, like copper. I go back and forth about whether to get fine or medium nibs on a Kultur.

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

Well Done, Lisa!

I have these same Kulturs as well. Jean-Michel Lewertowski calls the bottom one "inferential brown". A most alluring color indeed.

So Lisa, have you gotten any matching rollerballs or ballpoints yet?

The Waterman ballpoint refills will fit twist-cap Kultur ballpoints and the pull-off-cap Kultur rollerballs. The rollerball model caps and barrels look just like the fountain pen caps and barrels except for one tiny thing. The rollerball barrels have a small metal insert inside at the tip of the barrel. This holds the rollerball refill in place and also the ballpoint refill.

So you can't use a rollerball section with a fountain pen barrel, because the refill will be pushed up and become loose. I found this out while trying to make more rollerball colors with my fountain pen caps and barrels.

Cheers,

Richard in Texas, USA

Nice photos! I have seen other Kultur threads here but I didn't have a good idea of what they look like until now. I really like the way they look -- they have kind of a neo-retro (no, retro-neo maybe) look to them that is fascinating. I might have to get one. Thanks much for posting.

Doug

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :)

Yes the brown is simply beautiful and it is a bit metallic like while still a bit translucent too. It also changes hues with different light. You can see that on the first and second photo.

Well Done, Lisa!

I have these same Kulturs as well. Jean-Michel Lewertowski calls the bottom one "inferential brown". A most alluring color indeed.

So Lisa, have you gotten any matching rollerballs or ballpoints yet?

Oh don't tempt me Richard. This is costing me enough as it is! :lol:

I probably would get a matching balpoint though if I found one. :blush:

Hello Lisa,

I agree with you on the light catching qualities of the brown one, which may be the best looking one of all the Kulturs, and sometimes difficult to find. Jean-Michel has one up on ebay once in a while. Yours is the second one I have seen (besides mine).

Unfortunately, there is not a matching RB or BP for each FP. Below are the Kultur RBs and BPs I have. I am still looking for the translucent blue RB and translucent green RB, which I missed on ebay a couple of months ago. The very light green one also doesn't show often. The odd ball of the group!

And Lisa, you will be pleased to know that the BPs and RBs are less expensive than the FPs :).

If the admins and moderators are listening, maybe we should start a separate Waterman Kultur forum! :)

Cheers,

Richard n Texas, USA

post-5209-1203280050_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Beautiful pens, beautiful photography. I have one Kultur, the demonstrator type. It's a good pen---nice size for me, and the F nib is much MUCH finer than my Phileas, which writes like a B.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say my Phileas F writes like a B but it does write wider then my demonstrator Kultur and the brown one. The silver one writes a a bit wider line but closer to the Phileas and the lilac one writes practically the same as the Phileas. As far as I can tell are the lilac and silver Kulturs newer models so maybe that has got something to do with it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Thinking of selling the brown one....not sure.

The only time I inked it was when this picture was made and after that it has just been lying in its box in a drawer. What to do, such a beaty and relatively rare for a Kultur, but also not being used. :hmm1:

Lisa,

Don't be tempted to rid yourself of the brown Kultur. It may be the best looking one of the group I think. Did you not notice how it changes colors as you twirl it in the light?

Now is the time for you to buy a matching rollerball or ballpoint. They are called iridiscent red, reflect gold and metallic brown on ebay and there are several to choose from at different prices. There is a seller in Germany and the UK near you.

Be strong, Lisa! Don't give in! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Richard in Texas

Lisa,

Don't be tempted to rid yourself of the brown Kultur. It may be the best looking one of the group I think. Did you not notice how it changes colors as you twirl it in the light?

Now is the time for you to buy a matching rollerball or ballpoint. They are called iridiscent red, reflect gold and metallic brown on ebay and there are several to choose from at different prices. There is a seller in Germany and the UK near you.

Be strong, Lisa! Don't give in! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Richard in Texas

ha ha :)

You're right, it is the best looking of all the Kulturs and one of the hardest to find so I'll think very hard if I get the urge to sell it again.

And yes, I will be strong! I won't go to ebay to check the RB and BP out. :P It'd be such a waste in my drawer. Let someone else who will be using them buy and enjoy them.