Visconti Copernicus LE

goodguy

I got my new Visconti Copernicus LE YAY.

This is my first Visconti pen and wow what a treat this pen is.

Visconti does make beautiful pens and I love this Vacumatic style body and the Crescent filler.

The box is also gorgeous. Unlike Delta box Visconti knows how to impress there customers.

I bought the pen from one of the FPN members and after a bit of a long wait due to slow mail delivery I got the pen.

I always loved the Wallstreet/Vacumatic/Manheten like bodies and in reality it is truly amazing. This pen is simply gorgeous without being to lavish or in your face time of trim.

When putting the pen through a light you can see the sac inside but as I said only if you look directly at a light source. I was never a fan of transparent pens but this works just fine for me.

The filler is wonderful and smooth and the pen takes enough ink for most users (even though a piston will take more).

The pen is as expected very smooth to touch and surprisingly extremely light weight. This pen is probably one of the lightest pens I own and very well balanced.

After filling the pen I run all excited to the paper to see how this new stallion in my stable is writing and WOW this is a S M O O T H writer that gives you nice feedback from the paper. No doubt the Italians made another fantastic pen that is also fantastic writer.

The unique crescent filler isn’t in my way and didn’t effect my writing at all.

To fill the pen you turn the ring so the opening is under the angeld press bar. As I said the filler is smooth and all you need is one or 2 good presses and the pen is full.

After you filled the pen you turn the ring so it locks the press bar into place and prevent an accidental ink spillage.

The pen has silver trim and not the gold trim. I am always a gold nut but I must admit the whit trim is simply beautiful and just adds to the overall effect of the pen.

As you probably know this is a Limited addition pen that was produced at 1996 and I was lucky to get a Mint/Near Mint pen with no marks at all either on the pen or box.

I am extremely happy with this pen and if you get the chance to get this relatively rare pen don’t think twice and grab it.

post-2027-1201286547_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1201286555_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1201286565_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1201286572_thumb.jpg

post-2027-1201286578_thumb.jpg

Respect to all

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• kazoolaw

• savarez

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! I LOVE this pen. It's a beauty!

Congratulations on your acquisition!

Now I'm just going to have to learn how to replace the sac on mine so I won't have to send it out!

Anyone know with certainty the sac size for this? I think a #14?

Edited by savarez

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"

How is it to write with?

It looks amazing, but the bulb looks like it might be uncomfortable.

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

How is it to write with?

I guess it might depend on the person holding the pen, but it is a light pen, and when writing I hold it close enough to the section that the crescent is above my hand. It's actually very comfortable.

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"

How is it to write with?

As I meantioned in my review the filler and the ring dont touch my hand when I write so it doesnt have any effect on my writing.The pen is very comfortable to write with.

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

Thanks for the review.

The only Visconti I have with the Parker Vac-like horizontal striations is a Manhattan, and it is lovely. I can begin to imagine what yours looks like in person. I wondered how the crescent filler mechanism would affect writing, so I appreciate your assessment.

This pen is an older style with the non-metal section which I like. All my Viscontis are older, because I do not care for the newer metal sections. I know that is a personal choice that is keeping me from some nice pens, but I can't stand metal sections. I know that all my Vistontis write super smoothly and I am glad to hear that yours does as well. Visconti seems to make pens for people who write with them.

Congrats on a great pen. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. - By the way, do you intend to USE this one? ;)

...after a bit of a long wait due to slow mail delivery I got the pen.

After more then 2 weeks of waiting I got my new pen my Visconti Copernicus LE pen.
(From your post in the Italian forum.)

Holy cow! Not two whole weeks!!!

:ltcapd:

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Congrats on a great pen. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. - By the way, do you intend to USE this one? ;)

Ahh the pen is imaqulet and I will probably wouldnt have the heart to use it.

I cant explain this,why dont I want to use pens that I am dieing to use.Is this normal ? :crybaby: :ltcapd:

Respect to all

I'm envious -- I love crescent fillers and Viscontis. I also like the look of the Copernicus celluloid.

Some day. :)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Congratulations, goodguy! Thanks for posting pictures :)

I don't have a Visconti crescent-filler but I do have a vintage Conklin crescent-filler and before I got it, I never thought it would suit my hand...but it does. Admittedly, it's one of the larger models, but still....The ring doesn't interfere with my grip or the webbing between my thumb and index finger as I was sure it would :)

Congratulations, goodguy! Thanks for posting pictures :)

I don't have a Visconti crescent-filler but I do have a vintage Conklin crescent-filler and before I got it, I never thought it would suit my hand...but it does. Admittedly, it's one of the larger models, but still....The ring doesn't interfere with my grip or the webbing between my thumb and index finger as I was sure it would :)

Hi Maja

I also had one of the small Conklins and it was a very nice pen but just too small for me so I sild it.

I am very glad I got this one.

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

This is one of the few pens I regret selling several years ago. The celluloid is brilliant, and there's something appealing about the crescent filler. Mine also wrote very smoothly. My only niggle was that the cap wouldn't post securely and I was always afraid it would crack.

Congratulations,

gary

Congrats on a fine pen. The Copernicus was also my first Visconti, I have the red model with rose gold trim, the trim on yours is Platinum.

IMO it is one of the finest pens to come from Visconti.

post-2022-1201424838_thumb.jpg

post-2022-1201424885_thumb.jpg

Congrats on a fine pen. The Copernicus was also my first Visconti, I have the red model with rose gold trim, the trim on yours is Platinum.

IMO it is one of the finest pens to come from Visconti.

I agree with you.

For a long time my favorite Visconti and the one I planned to buy was the Wall Street LE.

After I saw it I was a bit disapointed,it looked better in pictures then reality and then I stumbled on the Copernicus.

No doubt the Wall Street is a bigger pen (I love BIG pens) but the Copernicus looks so much more classy and higher quality of pen.

Tomorrow is the first day I will take it to work and try it in more regores work there.

Respect to all

First, a nice review of a wonderful pen. I recently got a NOS Copernicus from Weaver McCrackin (before he closed shop) and I just love mine.

The filler is wonderful and smooth and the pen takes enough ink for most users (even though a piston will take more).

I'm not entirely sure that the pen holds less ink than a piston filler. I'm not saying that it does hold more, just that the piston mechanism takes a fair amount of room in a barrel. What I like about the crescent filler is that one needs only one hand to fill the pen. Thus, you have one hand free to tilt the ink bottle (if it's only half full). I always find it a bit awkward to operate piston fillers with ink bottles that need to be tilted in order to submerge the nib (using one hand to hold both the ink bottle and the barrel/section and the other hand to operate the piston). I haven't dumped a bottle yet, but I always feel like it's just a matter of time. :unsure:

Dave

I've always been attracted to this pen, just never enough to pull the trigger. I do wish OMAS would bring back this celluloid and reproduce some of the gorgeous vintage pens they once made in this material. A Paragon or Lucens in this stuff would be something to see. Look for roberto v's posts to see what I'm talking about. Regards,

David

I've always been attracted to this pen, just never enough to pull the trigger. I do wish OMAS would bring back this celluloid and reproduce some of the gorgeous vintage pens they once made in this material. A Paragon or Lucens in this stuff would be something to see. Look for roberto v's posts to see what I'm talking about. Regards,

David

Well David this pen feels very different then my Omas Paragon old style.Even though the Omas is a better writer it does feel much cheapper in the hand comared to this gorgeous Copernicus.

Respect to all

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since my first post in this thread I've reacquired a Copernicus. It is as gorgeous as I remembered, being the same blue and platinum as goodguy's.

It's a very solid pen. It is relatively short when closed, and surprisingly thick looking with the clip and crescent. Posted it is quite long, and a delight to use. The medium nib just glides along, and isn't picky of what kind of ink I use.

My only disagreement with goodguy is that I don't think my Omas Arco or Royal Blue celluloid feel any cheaper in hand than the Copernicus. Lighter yes, more slender, yes again. But the material and the nibs are every bit the equal of the Copernicus.

goodguy, you have good taste,

gary

Sweet Pen!! I got lucky and got a Wall Street at a great price, just barely missed one of these that someone on FPN was selling last fall. But I stay on the lookout for another bargain! Nice review, thanks!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!