Visconti Turquoise Blue

sandeep108

I hope a review of this ink has not been posted. I got it with my Visconti Van Gogh Maxi. My initial impressions were not too favourable as I felt my Mont Blanc turquoise blue seemed to work better in this pen. However a couple of fills later, I tried out the Visconti ink again today, reading about the Visconti Burgundy ink review.

I now actually find it a shade better than the Mont Blanc turquoise blue. It seems my initial impressions were pre-mature due to my not properly flushing / cleaning the Van Gogh before first use. It now seems most of the junk/gunk/oils/debris have gone out and either ink now works very well in the pen.

It is a well flowing wet ink, a tad shiny before it dries. It does not seem to feather much, maybe just a wee bit, but much less than the Mont Blanc. Both dry equally well.

It has good shade variation, a bit more noticeable on pauses. It does not dry in the pen or make it a dry writer. It is avery beautiful aqua/sea blue colour which is quite striking - I do not think my scanner has done much justice here - and very different from the usual blues.

The main difference between the MB turquoise and this ink is that the MB is a shade darker, a bit less of the peacock blue, more towards a darker blue and feathers a bit more. Perhaps the MB (since it got rid of the initial gunk) has some 'solv-x' in it while the Visconti ink does not.

To complete the review and addressing the smell part, the Visconti ink does not smell much in any manner at all. By mistake I had put (for lack of an immediate bottle at hand) the MB ink in an old empty perfume bottle, without washing it first. The MB ink is now a perfumed ink! Since it is working well, I presume nothing wrong with that, but maybe it might have skewed the comparison in terms of colour shade, etc.

Of course I bought the MB for the bottle (it helps to use up the last bit of ink - otherwise with large nibs and shallow bottles it is a problem), the Visconti bottle is plastic.

post-12489-1201012885_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandeep108

• Ann Finley

• BobR

• Shelley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review. Although it's kind of light, I like it, it's very vibrant. I'm already a fan of Visconti Blue, between this review and Old Griz's of the Burgundy, I think I'll be ordering a bunch of Visconti ink soon. The Sepia looks interesting too.

Sandeep108, you need not have worried if another review of this ink had been posted, or even if 3 others had been posted! It so happens, that your review is the first on this ink, but we encourge anyone to do a review of any ink because someone may be using the ink with a different pen or pens (or paper) and may have different experiences to share. So, please feel free to do a review of any ink you have.

Thanks for this review.

Best, Ann

Thanks Ann. I forgot to cross a 't' it seems... lol. And yes Bob perhaps one of the adjectives ought to have included vibrant. Forgive my English. It is a 'standout' type of colour and very different to my blacks/blues/blue/blacks that I have been using and yet decent enough for normal use as well.

It looks slightly brighter than my MB turquoise, maybe more vibrant is the right term, a very nice ink.

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

• 1 year later...

man i love this ink i just bougth it i was testing inks on a pad. I was testing j.herbin inks and i looked at a ink test someone had did before me.I asked the store owner what in that was and it was the viscotni ink and i lov it color and shadeing its what i have been looking for

Seems extra nice, similar to Lamy Turqouoise, but with more color variation

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png