Danitrio Trio Classic

SteadyHand

DaniTrio Trio Classic

First Impressions:

Danitrio's became an interest after reading the feedback and reviews of the Raw Ebonite. I reached out to Winedoc, a fellow FPN member, who is a distributor of Danitrio's. He didnt have the Ebonite in stock and didnt know when and if he would have anymore. As you know the gentleman behind the beautiful pens has been ill. I wanted a Danitrio and found images of the Trio Classic and wanted to give it a go. I received it in three business days. The service I received from Kevin are synonymous with my impression of this pen. It is beautiful.

Appearance: 4.5/5

It is a white pearlescent that shimmers in the light. It looks very similiar to the new Lamy Studio. It is cigar shaped approximately as long as a Lamy 2000.

The heft of the pen is really impressive.

http://lh4.google.com/dortiz227/R5LEb8P-h8I/AAAAAAAAEqQ/jd5hQoXuyvA/s800/_MG_0279.jpg

Design/Size/Weight 5/5

http://lh5.google.com/dortiz227/R5LEmMP-h9I/AAAAAAAAEqY/ePO9bwkjJJo/s800/_MG_0275.jpg

This is easily one of the heavier pens I own. It isnt too heavy. It is enough to remind you that you are writing with an instrument. me.

It is a screw cap and the quality of the materials is evident through out. The brass trim is a departure to the bling'ed out gold tone pens you see everywhere. I have some slight oxidation on the band and their is some hint of the green that occurs to this material it is very distinct.

2) It comes in two colors Black and Pearl White. The clip is very strong and will not let this pen get loose unless you do so.

Filling system: 4/5

It is a C/C filler. Woop de doo. Nothing fancy. At the price I paid I would not have any illusions of anything else. It works nuff said.

Nib Design and Performance: 4/5

The nib is a Schmidt made gold colored medium nib. It writes very consistently. I filled it with Caran d'Ache blue night and I havent sensed a problem with flow of any kind.

Cost: 5/5

Winedoc sells them for under $40shipped within the US (up from $150 awhile back), and he has trouble keeping these in stock. This pen is worth every penny of the asking price.

Conclusion: 22.5/25

This pen has been a joy and I love it so far. Thank you Winedoc. I am a happy customer.

Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F

Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slimnib

• SteadyHand

• donwinn

• Rapt

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the review. IMHO, DaniTrio represents a tremendous value in pens. It also doesn't hurt that Kevin is a great guy to work with....

DaniTrio Trio Classic

First Impressions:

Danitrio's became an interest after reading the feedback and reviews of the Raw Ebonite. I reached out to Winedoc, a fellow FPN member, who is a distributor of Danitrio's. He didnt have the Ebonite in stock and didnt know when and if he would have anymore. As you know the gentleman behind the beautiful pens has been ill. I wanted a Danitrio and found images of the Trio Classic and wanted to give it a go. I received it in three business days. The service I received from Kevin are synonymous with my impression of this pen. It is beautiful.

Appearance: 4.5/5

It is a white pearlescent that shimmers in the light. It looks very similiar to the new Lamy Studio. It is cigar shaped approximately as long as a Lamy 2000.

The heft of the pen is really impressive.

http://lh4.google.com/dortiz227/R5LEb8P-h8I/AAAAAAAAEqQ/jd5hQoXuyvA/s800/_MG_0279.jpg

Design/Size/Weight 5/5

http://lh5.google.com/dortiz227/R5LEmMP-h9I/AAAAAAAAEqY/ePO9bwkjJJo/s800/_MG_0275.jpg

This is easily one of the heavier pens I own. It isnt too heavy. It is enough to remind you that you are writing with an instrument. me.

It is a screw cap and the quality of the materials is evident through out. The brass trim is a departure to the bling'ed out gold tone pens you see everywhere. I have some slight oxidation on the band and their is some hint of the green that occurs to this material it is very distinct.

2) It comes in two colors Black and Pearl White. The clip is very strong and will not let this pen get loose unless you do so.

Filling system: 4/5

It is a C/C filler. Woop de doo. Nothing fancy. At the price I paid I would not have any illusions of anything else. It works nuff said.

Nib Design and Performance: 4/5

The nib is a Schmidt made gold colored medium nib. It writes very consistently. I filled it with Caran d'Ache blue night and I havent sensed a problem with flow of any kind.

Cost: 5/5

Winedoc sells them for under $40shipped within the US (up from $150 awhile back), and he has trouble keeping these in stock. This pen is worth every penny of the asking price.

Conclusion: 22.5/25

This pen has been a joy and I love it so far. Thank you Winedoc. I am a happy customer.

hi SteadyHand, Good review.

I wonder how you came to know these pens from Kevin, as his website doesn't show this pen and other relatively cheaper pens.

thanks,

purpledog

hi SteadyHand, Good review.

I wonder how you came to know these pens from Kevin, as his website doesn't show this pen and other relatively cheaper pens.

thanks,

purpledog

I saw this pen online from a link from another Danitrio pen review. I didnt book-mark the site. Web store had something to do with airlines and pens. I will look for it and post it. I saw it there and contacted Kevin to see if he carried it. I know that he was a FPN member. I would prefer to give my business to a fellow enthusiast especially someone whos post have enlightened me. I would write "no affiliation" except there is: This forum.

Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F

Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

I'd add that if you're looking for specific pens then its best to just contact him. That's what I did and found out he actually had some of the pens in stock, even though there is no recent mention of them here or on his website.

In other words it pays to ask.

:)

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

Just adding my two cents worth, I am not shy to ask any vendor if they have a particular pen I am hunting. I have found some people better to deal with than others, e.g., Kevin (winedoc) and Todd Nussbaum from isellpens.com. My only affiliation with either is as a very happy customer. Both are truly interested in serving their clientele.

Only slightly off topic: a few years ago, I was reading an article about what makes a difference between success and failure in business. The article concluded that if the mission and goal of the company is to make money, it is very unlikely that the company will succeed, as potential customers will see it as an attempt to get their money. However, if the mission and goal of the company is to serve their target population/clientele, while ensuring that they remain profitable, the company is almost guaranteed success, as potential and repeat (the best kind) customers/clients will perceive that service to them is important to the seller, and that their (the client/customer) has spent his/her money wisely, getting merchandise and service.

That is one reason that whenever possible, I patronize a small mom n pop store, rather than a national or international chain. This is particularly true in music. In the DFW area there is only one pen shop, and it is Paradise Pens, so I do not have the option to patronize a B & M here, but I do my best to patronize online mom n pop service-oriented sellers. In high school and college, my best friends were Jewish. One told me the definition of a gonif was that the person knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I do my best not to be a gonif. I value the service I have received from Kevin, and from Todd, as well as from other sellers.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)