Legal Lapis (5 pics)

FLZapped

First of all, pardon the poor writing, I was out helping a church member with fallen trees after work, so my forearms were still a bit numb from the chopping and sawing....

Anyway, the characteristics of Legal Lapis pretty much mirror what I said about Iraqi Indigo.

Now for a bunch of pictures:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/FLZapped/Pen%20Stuff/Legal_Lapis1_sm.jpg

an inset:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/FLZapped/Pen%20Stuff/Legal_Lapis1_inset.jpg

Here is what it and Iraqi Indigo look like on Ampads Gold Fibre Planning Pad:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/FLZapped/Pen%20Stuff/Legal_Lapis2_sm.jpg

And insets of each:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/FLZapped/Pen%20Stuff/Legal_Lapis2_inset1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/FLZapped/Pen%20Stuff/Legal_Lapis2_inset2.jpg

Here is the original Iraqi Indigo Thread:

Iraqi Indigo Review

Regards,

Bruce

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FLZapped

• smudgy

• jde

• ahab78

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Serendipity! I just bought both of these. :)

Nice examples, especially with the different paper types and the two different inks next to each other.

I put the Legal Lapis in a Phileas with a Med nib (that writes B to my eyes) and for some reason it looks a bit on the teal side. Bluish, Grayish, Tealish... the color's in there somewhere and I like it. Oddly, it looks darker when I print than when I write cursive. Either way, it's very easy on the eyes.

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

Serendipity! I just bought both of these. :)

Nice examples, especially with the different paper types and the two different inks next to each other.

I put the Legal Lapis in a Phileas with a Med nib (that writes B to my eyes) and for some reason it looks a bit on the teal side. Bluish, Grayish, Tealish... the color's in there somewhere and I like it. Oddly, it looks darker when I print than when I write cursive. Either way, it's very easy on the eyes.

I did the same thing. Couldn't make up my mind, so I got both. LL looks a deep aquamarine in the bottle, well, to my tired eyes anyway.

For what it's worth, the 100 is a fine nib.

-Bruce

Thanks a lot for the scans. Your samples look so much nicer than what is shown on the pendemonium site. But at $18.50 a bottle, I think I'll pass, especially since this ink isn't really bulletproof like the black or the recently announced Luxury Blue.

Thanks a lot for the scans. Your samples look so much nicer than what is shown on the pendemonium site. But at $18.50 a bottle, I think I'll pass, especially since this ink isn't really bulletproof like the black or the recently announced Luxury Blue.

Yeah, the Pendemonium site drove me nuts because I was so unsure about what I thought I was seeing. The only solution was to go buy some. The LL in particular is a chameleon.

-Bruce

True, not bulletproof, but permanent. Remember the fine distinction between the two - IIRC, bulletproof means the inks stays together even after the paper is gone. The permanent (eternal and contract) inks are still fraudproof.

Great review - thanks for the look at both inks. I have Iraqi Indigo, but not Legal Lapis. For permanent blues, I use Aquamarine and Gulfstream Blue.

Nice handwriting, especially for tired arms/hands (excellent work you were doing helping the lady in your chuch, BTW).

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Thanks a lot for the scans.  Your samples look so much nicer than what is shown on the pendemonium site.  But at $18.50 a bottle, I think I'll pass, especially since this ink isn't really bulletproof like the black or the recently announced Luxury Blue.

True, not bulletproof, but permanent. Remember the fine distinction between the two - IIRC, bulletproof means the inks stays together even after the paper is gone. The permanent (eternal and contract) inks are still fraudproof.

Great review - thanks for the look at both inks. I have Iraqi Indigo, but not Legal Lapis. For permanent blues, I use Aquamarine and Gulfstream Blue.

Nice handwriting, especially for tired arms/hands (excellent work you were doing helping the lady in your chuch, BTW).

Hmmmm, well, thanks. I'm still not happy with where my writing is. Still trying to figure out just how I want to form some letters. Computers have truely been the bane of my writing. I almost completely gave up cursive writing when I got my first computer with a printer. As an amatuer radio operator, I still did block print, but of course, only when doing morse code work.

It was the least I could do to help out a single mom. I cut up two of my neighbors trees right after the storm, so my saws and axe have been busy. Axe work is exhausting though.

-Bruce

Thank you, your pictures of the Legal Lapis are eye-openers! I never particularly liked the other samples I saw but yours show a beautiful deep color. Will have to add it to my list.

Thank you, your pictures of the Legal Lapis are eye-openers! I never particularly liked the other samples I saw but yours show a beautiful deep color. Will have to add it to my list.

Thanks. I have to ask if you saw the original Iraqi Indigo thread? On Vellum, it is much darker. But then, that paper is also a much harder surface. My scans of that are on the second page of that thread. Of course, you get an idea of that in the way the Legal Lapis behaves on Vellum.

In order to scan the Vellum, I have to put a sheet of white paper behind it. The Vellum is translucent and my scanner has a black lid pad!

I also find it necessary to run pass of sharpening, it seems to have something to do with the JPG format.

-Bruce

Nice scans---much appreciated!

Wow, the Iraqi Indigo does look like the old mimeographed sheets from grade school (Kendall mentioned it earlier).... :o

I hadn't thought about that! It reminded me of that purple ink they use to mark meat with.....

-Bruce

(hoping I didn't gross everyone out...)

Ahhh, I like this one, too. Thanks for the sample! What a nice color. Hmmm, which to get, Tahitian Pearl or this... eenie meenie minie moe... :)

Vanessa

Ahhh, I like this one, too.  Thanks for the sample!  What a nice color.  Hmmm, which to get, Tahitian Pearl or this... eenie meenie minie moe...  :)

Get 'em both, Vanessa! TP looks like quite a different color from Legal Lapis. I just can't get enough of these bulletproof, eternal and contract inks! :P Besides, ya gotta order more than one ink to make the freight worthwhile. :D

TP is on a list at my elbow to order.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

Get 'em both, Vanessa! TP looks like quite a different color from Legal Lapis. I just can't get enough of these bulletproof, eternal and contract inks! tongue.gif Besides, ya gotta order more than one ink to make the freight worthwhile.

No! no! I am trying to BEHAVE myself! I've been good... for a while. :)

Vanessa

Get 'em both, Vanessa! TP looks like quite a different color from Legal Lapis. I just can't get enough of these bulletproof, eternal and contract inks! tongue.gif Besides, ya gotta order more than one ink to make the freight worthwhile.

No! no! I am trying to BEHAVE myself! I've been good... for a while. :)

Well, Christmas is coming.....

-Bruce

:lol:

• 1 year later...

I just got my 2nd ink today, LL. The artwork on the box and bottle are

really beautiful, almost worth it for that alone. Looks to me to be a

greenish gray colored ink, that flows seaminly better than the other

only ink I have, PR Amer. Blue. I really like LL.

Maybe my batch is different, but does not look like the pics seen on this

thread, mine has no blue at all, only greenish. Oh, and I could NOT wash

it off once it dried. No surprise.

Edit: Hi Bruce. I'll try to post a sample image of mine. My just bought

bottle (to me) has a greenish-teal color. Might try fixing it by adding some

of the PR Am.Blue. Maybe 1/3rd Am.Blue.

Edit2: This is exactly how my ll looks from an m200 (F)

post-5044-1179931193_thumb.jpg

Edited by bossy

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

There have been reports of batch-to-batch differences in Noodler's ink. I've had mine for some time now. I can best describe it as an aquamarine-black ink.

-Bruce

Edited by FLZapped

• 3 years later...

Is there somewhere else I can obtain this ink beside Pendemonium?

It is a Pendemonium exclusive ink.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi