Clairefontaine in Australia

inkypete

I have contacted Clairefontaine in France who have advised me that they do have product available in Australia and referred me to a company called Paper Magnolia. They don't show any on their web site but when I called them they said they do have some stock in their retail showroom but couldn't expand. "Let us know what you want and we will check if we have it".

Has any NSW locals been to Paper Magnolia and, if so, what do they carry that you can recall?

Their address is 2-4 Nelson St Annandale 2046 and they do have a retail showroom.

I hope some locals can help.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• dcwaites

• Phthalo

• Yuki Onitsura

I have contacted Clairefontaine in France who have advised me that they do have product available in Australia and referred me to a company called Paper Magnolia. They don't show any on their web site but when I called them they said they do have some stock in their retail showroom but couldn't expand. "Let us know what you want and we will check if we have it".

Has any NSW locals been to Paper Magnolia and, if so, what do they carry that you can recall?

Their address is 2-4 Nelson St Annandale 2046 and they do have a retail showroom.

I hope some locals can help.

Next time I'm in the area, I will check them out.

Regards,

David

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks David - the person who answered their phone was not particularly helpful so I am not sure what to expect - a few notebooks or a complete range.

I look forward to your report.

Pete

Weird... I contacted their Australian representative, and was told: "We act as Clairefontaine's agent for their range of photo copy papers which we sell to paper merchants. The mill does not sell/have distributors for their stationery range."

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Weird... I contacted their Australian representative, and was told: "We act as Clairefontaine's agent for their range of photo copy papers which we sell to paper merchants. The mill does not sell/have distributors for their stationery range."

I did the same - I managed to get details of their agent here in Melbourne about six months ago and got the same story. They imported printing grades but not the stationery. Just thought I would try again this week and emailed Clairefontaine. They answered promptly with details on Paper Magnolia but as I said in my previous post they were not very helpful on the phone and don't list the product on their website, so I am anxiously awaiting a report from a local who can call into their showroom and report what they do stock. I suspect it may just be a few of their fancy lines rather than the day to day spiral and notebooks. Hope I am wrong.

They finally answered my email and sent me some product numbers that I can't find on any Clairefontaine site. I suspect they carry the gift style range of products rather than the traditional CF notebooks. Looking forward to hearing from a local who can clarify what they see. They also said in the email they are looking to expand the CF range.

Can you forward me the product numbers? I'm happy to do a little sleuthing too. :)

These are the numbers I received in their email - can't seem to find any except the first in the Clairefontaine websites.

CF- 28145

Some findings...

'Buildings' Wirebound Polypro, 50 Sheets, Lined w/margin, 8x11"

'Buildings' Polypro Portfolio, 3 Flap, 2 Elastic, 9x12"

'Mailboxes' Wirebound Polypro, 50 Sheets, Lined w/margin, 8x11"

'Mailboxes' Polypro Portfolio, 3 Flap, 2 Elastic, 9x12"

'Wild Stripes' Polypro Portfolio, 3 Flap, 2 Elastic, 9x12"

'Wild Stripes' Wirebound Polypro, 50 Sheets, Lined w/margin, 8x11"

Surprisingly, the last couple of numbers are advertised as a "New!" product in the 2007 catalog. I have the 66-page Exaclair catalog in PDF format with the entire product range... do you think they would take product number suggestions?

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Some findings...

Surprisingly, the last couple of numbers are advertised as a "New!" product in the 2007 catalog. I have the 66-page Exaclair catalog in PDF format with the entire product range... do you think they would take product number suggestions?

As I thought - they carry more the gift line rather than the traditional notebooks we would all prefer. I will email them at some stage and ask if they are expanding their range would they consider some suggestions.

If you want top see the mailbox and newspaper lines here is an interesting NZ site that has them.

http://www.zany.co.nz/Home/

Edited by Phthalo
Removed Table HTML from quote.

Well, I had a job in the area today, so I dropped around to see Paper Magnolia. They are closed until Monday 15th Jan., next week. I looked in the window, but I couldn't see anything definite. Will try again after next Monday.

Granny Aching

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got to visit Paper Magnolia.

They did have some Clairefontaine stock, but it wasn't much, and I think it was run-out stock, as it was all half price. They had some A4 spiral bound notebooks, which was the only ruled stock, at $10 each. There were also various unruled visual diary type books in various, strange, sizes, still all at half price.

However, they will be getting in Rhodia stock. I left my card and the lady promised to call me when it came in.

Regards,

David

Granny Aching

They did have some Clairefontaine stock, but it wasn't much, and I think it was run-out stock, as it was all half price. They had some A4 spiral bound notebooks, which was the only ruled stock, at $10 each. There were also various unruled visual diary type books in various, strange, sizes, still all at half price.

However, they will be getting in Rhodia stock. I left my card and the lady promised to call me when it came in.

Regards,

David

What covers did the A4 notebooks have? Just vtrying to establish which range. Good news about Rhodia - can't wait.

thanks for checking David.

Regards,

David

What covers did the A4 notebooks have? Just vtrying to establish which range. Good news about Rhodia - can't wait.

The covers were plastic, in two styles. One style had horizontal lines and bars and the other had line drawings of things like flowers. Otherwise, they had 50 sheets of 90gsm ruled paper.

Granny Aching

Regards,

David

The covers were plastic, in two styles. One style had horizontal lines and bars and the other had line drawings of things like flowers. Otherwise, they had 50 sheets of 90gsm ruled paper.

Thanks - its more their gift line.

Will be interesting to see what they bring in Rhodia wise. Did they suggest vhow much of the range they were importing?

Thanks - its more their gift line.

Will be interesting to see what they bring in Rhodia wise. Did they suggest vhow much of the range they were importing?

No, and I don't know the range well enough to ask. But, we will find out sometime soon...

Granny Aching

• 1 year later...

Not sure how long they've been doing it, but I popped into Kinokuniya today (as I do) and it turns out they have a very very small range of Clairefontaine goodies. Just thought people might like to know.

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Not sure how long they've been doing it, but I popped into Kinokuniya today (as I do) and it turns out they have a very very small range of Clairefontaine goodies. Just thought people might like to know.

Yuki

Thanks Yuki - was there two weeks ago on a rare visit to Sydney but they didn't have any Clairefontaine. They did have Apica and I picked up some A4 and A5 Maruman pads which are nice.

They have some A5 and A5 heat/tape bound notebooks in lined, grid and blank. I'll keep an eye out for the Apica next time I'm around (which is likely later this week)

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~