My new Van Gogh

alvarez57

Well, another tough week at work. Lotsa frustrations (with Insurances) and sometimes emotional/mental drainage. SO, I NEEDED a pen... :crybaby:

Here are the pics. Definately (IMO) Visconti make the fine nibs I like. :wub:

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/9492/2384576090101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/7193/2384045320101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/8885/2824319840101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/9206/2126239880101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/8126/2971893080101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/7862/2405931020101882882S600x600Q85.jpg

I use it uncapped, so the "maxi' size does not bother me at all. I find it well balanced and a smooth Fine writer...better than my Marlen and Krone F nib. I like the Visconti converter which threads into the section. I can get by c/c after all... :mellow:

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alvarez57

• Ghost Plane

• Maja

• jonro

OOOOOHHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :drool:

I like it, nice looking pen! Hope you get lots of great writing out of it! The name may inspire some great art also!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I usually do not like pens in colors other than black, white and shades of gray/silver -- but the Visconti Van Gogh is my only exception. I love the amber, the green and the vanilla, I go crazy over this pen whenever I see it in shops! Yours (turtoise demonstrator?) looks gorgeous, congratulations! I have the Van Gogh midi in opaque black and am desperately trying to keep myself from breaking my "no colors!" collector's rule and succumbing to the green, vanilla, and/or amber!

QM2

Beautiful pen and photographs.I have one of these tortoiseshell Van Goghs and adore it.

A very nice pen.

JD

I usually do not like pens in colors other than black, white and shades of gray/silver -- but the Visconti Van Gogh is my only exception.

I agree with QueenMargo2 on this one. I'm usually a "simple-pen-design" sort of person, but I really like the swirling colors of this pen. :thumbup:

TMann

Edited by TMann

Thank you so much to you all :D . I 'm glad you're enjoying it! as a matter of fact, I was to buy a Wall Street ( :unsure: ) but they had none. the only available was an Opera Honey/Vanilla ?...but when I saw the Van Gogh and had it in my hand, it was love at first sight (and I didn't like them so much in the past). I really like the Viscontis I have.. :wub:

sonia alvarez

Need another pen....?http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/201.gif

You wanted another pen.......http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/102.gif

I like my Van Gogh a bunch, just had it Binderized you know.http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/113.gif

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

:o oooooh! but that is another cure for my pen-obsession: reground nibs! Now I have enough to be able to have some reground! Bwahahahaha!!!! :ninja: Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

Definitely very nice pen, congrats!

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

I usually do not like pens in colors other than black, white and shades of gray/silver -- but the Visconti Van Gogh is my only exception. I love the amber, the green and the vanilla, I go crazy over this pen whenever I see it in shops! Yours (turtoise demonstrator?) looks gorgeous, congratulations! I have the Van Gogh midi in opaque black and am desperately trying to keep myself from breaking my "no colors!" collector's rule and succumbing to the green, vanilla, and/or amber!

QM2

The Vanilla is still within the white category. JD has a picture of one in the chatter section. I just like the feel of it in my hands...and again, at first I was not too impressed by them, but this one is pretty! :ltcapd:

sonia alvarez

Congratulations on a great choice :thumbup: ! I recently bought one of these as well. The material is not only attractive, e.g., the translucence, but I find has a wonderful feel to it.

I don't normally post my pens and in this case, I would be concerned about scratching the material.

I also have the maxi Van Gogh in ocean blue and it is equally beautiful and a terrific writer.

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

Nice instrument. You can always find a reason to get a new pen. Last night I had a dream

that I found a box full of old pens. I was so excited. Just as I was about to identify them ...

I woke up!!!! OH bummer <_< <_< <_< <_<

Chihiro- How did you know my name was Chihiro?

Haku- I have known you since you were very small.

I've got the green and it's irresistable holding it up to the light and turning it to see all the shades.

First Krones, now Van Goghs... I'm starting to worry QM2 is a long lost sister or cousin or something... :o

I tried one but the lack of piston filling system and the too flashy colors were a sign of no no. I will however agree that the Visconti has better nib than the Marlen and the Krone, all three being Bock nibs, Visconti has done the best work. Anyway enjoy yours and have a lot of pleasure writing with it.

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Congrats on your new pen! :) I have been toying with the idea of buying a Van Gogh, but I'd like to try one out in person so I can see how it feels posted vs. unposted, how slippery (or not) the metal section is, etc. I know there are various sizes to the VG as well, so that's another thing for me to consider. I am hoping that some dealer at the Portland Pen Show (coming up in less than 2 months!) will have some for sale at a good price. I think that's where Jim (Handlebar) got a good deal on his....

Congratulations on a great new pen! The Van Gogh is definitely on my list of top 5 pens that I plan to buy.

Edited by jonro

I tried one but the lack of piston filling system and the too flashy colors were a sign of no no. I will however agree that the Visconti has better nib than the Marlen and the Krone, all three being Bock nibs, Visconti has done the best work. Anyway enjoy yours and have a lot of pleasure writing with it.

Merci Georges! Interesting how the same company (Bock) can make absolutely different nibs for all these brands! Marlens have been posing a problem for me, don't get me wrong, I like them but they tend to be noisy :blink: . Krone have performed better. Of the three Viscontis I have, the only one that gave me trouble was the Voyager Kaleido M nib... but after a visit to Richard, it is a superb wet writer.

MajaPosted Today, 06:33 PM Congrats on your new pen! :) I have been toying with the idea of buying a Van Gogh, but I'd like to try one out in person so I can see how it feels posted vs. unposted, how slippery (or not) the metal section is, etc. I know there are various sizes to the VG as well, so that's another thing for me to consider.

Hi Maja!

Montegrappa Symphony has also a silver section. I usually don't like them for I enjoy most the grasp of celluloid or resin, but they are ok. None has slipped out of my fingers :blink: . If you notice in the pics above, the section has an engraved band (closer to the nib) that helps the grip.

Hmmm... handlebar sells Viscontis...... :drool: .....

sonia alvarez

Maja - the Maxis are seriously long pens, especially posted. I love mine, but then I like pens that are big, long or both. It should be easier for you to find one of these to hold, especially at a pen show.

yes indeed!!

you needed another pen, like i do! :ltcapd:

i just bought the rhodia pad holder, small one today.

no pen :thumbup:

no more pens till washington. :wacko: :sick: :blink: :blush: :blush: :roller1: :roller1: :roller1: :roller1:

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- william butler yeats
Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose in the world. robert frost

I use it uncapped, so the "maxi' size does not bother me at all.

Is there a way to use it capped? :roller1:

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde