Lamy Safari black & white about to be available

saintsimon

Currently Lamy seems to release annualy a limited production colour version of the Safari. Last year it was the blue & red, this year they are two, a glossy black and a glossy white. The will be available mid April.

I found/stole some pics with ebay auctions for them. They have the shiny steel nibs, chrome clips and the white may be similar to iPod white, as som iPods can be won via raffles, here.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4056/01621b262286clx9.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4905/edd11b260f358og3.jpg

Edited by saintsimon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anne-Sophie

• Elaine

• saintsimon

• Hans-Peter Ording

Is the White not just a reissue?

I had a White one years ago (but it had the black clip and a black nib, IIRC).

Thanks for stealing the pictures. smile.gif

QUOTE (Glenn-SC @ Apr 6 2007, 12:48 AM)

I think the previous white was matt white. The clip and the ring were black.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Oh noooo, I already have too many Safaris! Stop posting pretty pictures!!

Btw, do you know with wich nib sizes they will come?

Oooh, the black one looks like a Darth Vader pen. The white one is a storm trooper! (I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, really I'm not) (That is not meant to be sarcastic)

Edit: Does anyone mix and match their Safari caps & barrels? I've never thought to do that - but the black and white are just asking for it.

Edited by Elaine

QUOTE (Hans-Peter Ording @ Apr 6 2007, 05:24 AM)
Thanks for stealing the pictures. smile.gif

QUOTE (Glenn-SC @ Apr 6 2007, 12:48 AM)

I think the previous white was matt white. The clip and the ring were black.

No, it was polished.

Nd it had a black nib, clip, and clutch ring.

I like the new one too.

QUOTE (Elaine @ Apr 6 2007, 02:52 PM)
Oooh, the black one looks like a Darth Vader pen. The white one is a storm trooper!

laugh.gif

I thought the same thing when I saw them.

QUOTE (Elaine @ Apr 6 2007, 09:52 AM)
Edit: Does anyone mix and match their Safari caps & barrels? I've never thought to do that - but the black and white are just asking for it.

I did it last fall. I made a University of Michigan "Wolverine" pen -- two actually -- out of blue and maize (yellow) Safaris. For a little fun I carried them during the week of the "big" football game.

A glossy black cap/white barrel Safari would be pretty sharp.

Bill

[edited for typo]

Edited by Bill

QUOTE (Elaine @ Apr 6 2007, 04:52 PM)

You might even mix the black Lamy Joy with the black Safari: the black cap with the red clips looks even cooler and you can use the section together with the italic nib of the joy. eureka.gif

http://www.lamy.de/product_images/product/big/015_gross.jpg

I'll be pouting until Lamy releases a pink and a purple Safari with Black or Steel clip .

I really love the Light Blue a perfect match to Herbin Bleu Pervenche but I really can't stand the red clip.

I guess I need to learn how to swap Safari clips!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

QUOTE (Anne-Sophie @ Apr 10 2007, 02:55 PM)
I'll be pouting until Lamy releases a pink and a purple Safari with Black or Steel clip .

I second that motion!

QUOTE (Anne-Sophie @ Apr 10 2007, 08:55 PM)
I guess I need to learn how to swap Safari clips!

A few years ago the clips were fastened with a screw, clip exchange was easy. Today it's some kind of one-way plug connection which makes it nearly impossible to remove the clip.

Both of these finishes are very neat. It also leaves me wondering what kind of fool am I to care about the Safari being released in two colors that are really very basic - when you think about it.

It's like that "Simpsons" episode where they come out with the Malibu Stacy doll that has a new hat - and that's the only difference between it and the old version - and all the girls (and Mr. Smithers) buy it anyway.

I own 2 Safari fountain pens already and I'm thinking that I'm a bit crazy to want the shiny black one for sure. This is definitely a hobby that involves as much Lust as Logic, at least for me!

-Dave

P.S. Thank you for indulging my digressive Simpsons reference. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bill @ Apr 7 2007, 10:04 AM)
I did it last fall.  I made a University of Michigan "Wolverine" pen -- two actually -- out of blue and maize (yellow) Safaris.  For a little fun I carried them during the week of the "big" football game.

A glossy black cap/white barrel Safari would be pretty sharp.

Bill

[edited for typo]

What a great idea! I just may end up doing the same thing! eureka.gif

Replacement Caps in your choice of currently produced colors are $10 each at www.LAMYUSA.com. $12.95 with the shipping added.

OK, they are available in the stores now. The glossy white looks a bit sterile, while the deep dark glossy black appealed more to me. I may purchase one or both in the future.

Also, think about mixing sections with barrels of different colours, not just the caps and bodies. wink.gif

QUOTE (Anne-Sophie @ Apr 10 2007, 07:55 PM)

I just found what was described as a "Lilac" AL-Star pen in Thailand.....it's on its way to me now.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's actually purple, and not blue.

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog