• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phthalo

• andy_s

• mike1

• fjf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two Lepine's - the Indigo and Attila. They are harder to find these days, as they are from around ~2002. The Indigo is indeed tiny, and it's the smallest FP cartridge-filling FP I have.

Some more modern small pens:

Pelikan M300 Series (piston)

Sailor Sapporo (converter) and Mini Sapporo (cartridge) (as Neil noted above)

Aurora Optima Mini / Aurora Sole Minima (piston)

Pilot/Platinum/Sailor - Japanese 'Short' Pens from the 70's and 80's (converter) - the stainless-steel Pilot MYU 701 is superb.

Yard O Led Retro Mini (cartridge)

Omas Princess / Omas Dama (piston)

Montegrappa Micra (cartridge)

Sheaffer Agio Compact

Duke 2007 Mini (converter)

Filcao Forever

Visconti Viscontina

I have most of these, and no problems. :)

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

The Yard O Led Retro is quite handsome - silver furniture and a black rubber overlay.

Ditto for the Aurora Mini Optima - there is a little-known solid black resin and chrome furniture version, but it's not distributed in the US - check European and Asian sellers. The Mini Optima is pricier, but it's also a piston-filler with a 14K nib.

My belove MYU:

post-4-1160828299_thumb.jpg

Laura / Phthalo

Thanks for the help gents - some great leads, that MYU looks absolutely fantastic - have you any other details on it or know where I can source it? (Such a simple and elegant design, thanks for that!)

The Yard O Led Retro is quite handsome - silver furniture and a black rubber overlay.

Ditto for the Aurora Mini Optima - there is a little-known solid black resin and chrome furniture version, but it's not distributed in the US - check European and Asian sellers. The Mini Optima is pricier, but it's also a piston-filler with a 14K nib.

My belove MYU:

OK, sold - this is what I've been looking for I think - am sourcing one now - doncha just love niche-obsessionalist internet hunts....

Thanks again, inspired!

Thanks for the help gents - some great leads, that MYU looks absolutely fantastic - have you any other details on it or know where I can source it? (Such a simple and elegant design, thanks for that!)

Japanese mini pens like this are usuallu constantly available one ebay. Both of these sellers normally have a selection:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsoundboy_jpQQhtZ-1

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZtokyo_russQQhtZ-1

- Jonathan

I think Sensa only makes mini fountain pens and no other size. These have comfortable grips. I just have a ballpen version of this, but I heard the fountain pen versions are splendid too.

http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/images/Noir_Gold_FP2.jpg

http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/images/Crystal_Silver_FP2.jpg

I think these are on Clearance at swisherpens on this page: http://www.swisherpens.com/catalog/sensa/sensa.htm

Also, the Pelikan series has the M300 which is a mini, or the 150 which is slightly bigger than mini, but smaller than regular ('demi' size - same as the Parker Jotter).

My belove MYU:

Nice pen. Are these available new in the US ?

Overachieving Underachiever

All posts edited by my dog

Wow, that Stipula is triple cute.

Kissing, get back to work. :lol:

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

There are lots of vitage ringtops that are quite small.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

For a vintage pen that would fit your size requirement, I suggest a junior Balance. I have two. One is the Ebonizzed Pearl that looks like it has bits of shell floating in a black body. My other junior Balance is a Roseglow. Both are lovely pens. They are lever fill so they are not difficult to make operational yourself. They are often found on ebay and sometimes offered on the pen boards, too. The junior pens are a bargain compared to the larger offerings and are available in all the wonderful colors.

I keep my Roseglow in the pen loop of my Daytimer.

Mary Plante

Thanks for all your help and suggestions - very kind of you all to take the time and it has led to some great exploration around 'pen-dom', I've settled on the MYU, I feel it is something which suites me very well in terms of appearance and style, I like 'different' ways of doing things and this has a number of features (small pen to large when posted, integral nib, (the T-1 is to expensive and the Falcon 50 looks too bright plus both are large), rarity value/collectability and is something I feel I could pass on in later years with it still being as interesting then as now.

Hopefully I can source one (Stan hasn't any at the moment) and have it sitting as a best pen alongside my rOtring 600 old style everyday-er.

I'll get some snaps when I get them together (if!?) and post them up, so once again - big thanks guys (and gals!)

Andy

I think Sensa only makes mini fountain pens and no other size. These have comfortable grips. I just have a ballpen version of this, but I heard the fountain pen versions are splendid too.

The Sensa Meridian FPs are not mini sized. They are a moderately-thick FP (compared to an Estie, for instance) and they are almost 5.5" long. They are indeed wonderful pens, though. That grip is so pleasant!!! Two of them have gold nibs, two don't. (Go for the gold nib, duh.)

It's intriguing to me that you settled on a Murex. There is no pen I want more. But they're pricey. Maybe if I stopped buying moderate-cheapies like Dukes (I would have voted for the Mini Torpedo, so smooth, and I think it's $14, GP nib, writes well both normally and Upside-down (like having two nib sizes!). Anyway, I told myself that I wouldn't seal the deal and buy one until I've seen how it writes in person, so maybe I ought to get over to a pen club meeting soon and hope someone has one to try out. But you should post your thoughts on it when it arrives, and maybe help convince us all. (Great, then the going price on Ebay will increase! oh well.)

Are all MYU's small? Does anyone else make an integrated-nib pen like that? Are they even still made?

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

fjf: I have 1 Omas Dama (Pearl Gray) and 3 Princess's (Blue La Royale, Saft Green, Scarlet Red) - the celluloid is gorgeous and they are indeed exquisite pens.

The MYU is excellent. I love mine so much I will likely buy at least one, if not two more in future. The F nib on mine is perfect - very, very smooth with a very slight variation - it is like a tiny stub and it's one of my "Top 3" nibs.

I am a big fan of Celluloid, especially Italian Celluloid, so I was surprised I loved the MYU so much - but it's just fantastic.

The MYU is the 'short' pen, only the 'long' pen is actually called the Murex. Both have the integral nib, and several barrel finishes are available, but the MYU is the only one where the lines of the nib are unbroken - the Murex has a slight and gentle fold past the vent hole, and a subtly-textured grip section - to give the feel and appearance of a more traditional point.

Laura / Phthalo