Delta 20th Anniversary Special LE

Bryan

Delta 20th Anniversary Special Limited Edition

Length: 5 ¼ inches capped, 6 1/8 inches posted

Weight: 1.1oz

Material Used: Vermeil and gold plated trim, resin cap and barrel, 18k/750 gold nib

Filling System: Lateral Lever Filler

Edition Size: 982 Special LE Fountain pens

Delta celebrates it’s 20th Anniversary with a very special fountain pen in the company’s well known orange and black, “Dolce Vita”. The decorative ring at the top of the cap above the pocket clip is constructed of solid sterling silver then gold plated, with all other rings, clip, lever, and Delta logo on the end of the barrel being gold plated metal.

The Dolce Vita color combination has become Delta signature color combination. It’s a beautiful combination that is both warm and exciting. A close look at the barrel in direct sunlight reveals a mosaic pattern of both pearl orange and flat orange color combinations. This give the barrel a feeling of movement when turned in direct light, very nice! The cap and barrel end are deep black and contrast nicely with the orange barrel and complete the visual package.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/bryan2177/Andalusia004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/bryan2177/Andalusia008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/bryan2177/Andalusia015.jpg

Vermeil Ring Detail

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/bryan2177/Andalusia011.jpg

This is the one pen that I choose to post. This is mostly due to the fact that this pen was made to be posted. There are threads both at the grip section of the pen and also at the end of the barrel. With this feature there is no chance of scuffing up the brilliant luster of the orange barrel. I can also tell a lot of consideration went into the balance of the pen when posted. It’s perfect and feels great in my hand. The barrel, at it’s widest point, is actual wider then my Mont Blanc 149, but tapers nicely to a very comfortable grip section.

Writing with the 20th LE is a dream. The nib is specially made for this pen and is engraved with the number 20 and a special design. I appreciate that Delta continued the design of this pen to the nib also. Too many LE pens have only stock nibs. The nib is firm and very smooth. Filling via the lever filler is quick and easy. Delta did a great job of keeping the lever flush with the barrel. I do wish the ink capacity was a tad bit larger; a full fill yields about 12-13 drops, sufficient for a day of taking notes at school.

I have had this pen since August of 2003. I’ve had zero problems, no matter what ink I’ve used. It’s been a great performer and it’s won a place in my heart. This pen has my strong recommendation. It’s a complete package. If you are in the market for a nice Italian pen, don’t pass up a look at the Delta 20th Special LE. It might just be your opportunity to live the “Dolce Vita” in comfort of your own home!

Bryan

Edited by Bryan
http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bryan

• wimg

• Titivillus

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seen this pen's photo many times but just clued in now that it is a lever-filler! :eureka:

Bryan, you said that the pen was well-balanced...How is its weight? Is it is a heavy-weight pen...or medium?

Thanks again Bryan!

I must say I just got a Delta Passion with Italic nib, just a c/c pen, but I am impressed. I hope to have some time after Easter to do a review or so, and post it here :D .

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I'd seen this pen's photo many times but just clued in now that it is a lever-filler! :eureka:

Bryan, you said that the pen was well-balanced...How is its weight? Is it is a heavy-weight pen...or medium?

Maja,

I believe that there are two versions of the 20th anniversary pen- one a lever filler and the other a Cartridge/converter. The Verm. is the lever and the silver is the C/C. Delta has been doing that with all their LE's since around the Newton. I think they might call them the LE and the Special LE or something like that.

Kurt H

Hi Maja,

This is a Medium weight pen. A good comfortable weight. Also, Kurt is right about the Delta LEs. Only the Special LE is a lever-filler, the regular LEs are Cartridge/Converter.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan

Thanks again Bryan!

I must say I just got a Delta Passion with Italic nib, just a c/c pen, but I am impressed. I hope to have some time after Easter to do a review or so, and post it here :D .

Kind regards, Wim

Hi Wim,

Is the Delta Passion only released in Europe? I can't seem to find one to see what it looks like. Do you have a picture?

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I think it is brand new indeed, and haven't been able to find a picture myself. Posting a pic here will have to wait till after Easter, rather busy schedule right now. There are 4 colours, as far as I know. A pink, a red, a green, and a ? (I saw them all, just can't remember; saw too many pens in the hour I was at the shop :D ).

I'll see if I can do anything sooner, but can't make promises. I already spend too much time here as it is, I should be studying instead... :lol:

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Bryan,

Thanks, again!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman