• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNobleSavage

• wimg

• Bill D

• AndrewW

Hi NS,

I was quite amazed by this ink indeed. Not what I am used too regarding MB inks. The rest is rather washed down, I would agree with you there. Of the other MB inks I have seen personally, MB Permanent Blue Black isn't too shabby either.

Kind regards,

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

My brother uses this ink a lot, and he's talked my wife into it as well. I'm not used to seeing as much variation in the color when they write with it.

So, now two out of three Dodsons are using this ink. Myself, though, I like darker inks :)

Bill

Seems somewhat darker than my bottle of MB Turquoise, but you are using a wider nib. Personally, I prefer PR Naples Blue or Waterman South Sea Blue.

Seems somewhat darker than my bottle of MB Turquoise, but you are using a wider nib. Personally, I prefer PR Naples Blue or Waterman South Sea Blue.

not really. I used a medium nib when I did this ink test. I have a heavy hand but not that heavy.

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Hi NS,

I used a medium nib when I did this ink test. I have a heavy hand but not that heavy.
So I wasn't the only one confused by a combination of a smaller than standard size paper and relatively small writing for this nib :lol: .

Kind regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi NS,

I used a medium nib when I did this ink test. I have a heavy hand but not that heavy.
So I wasn't the only one confused by a combination of a smaller than standard size paper and relatively small writing for this nib :lol: .

Kind regards, Wim

I guess not :D I use the cheap Mead ruled writing tablet. 6X9 (15.2X22.8cm) I scan in my image at 300dpi. Then using Photoshop7, I reduce the dpi to 72 and the width to 5.1 inches. So it is slightly smaller than true size.

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• 6 years later...

Apologies for bringing a thread back from the past but I found a new but unboxed bottle of this ink in a store today, it isnt my type of colour but if anyone has a burning desire for this MB Tourquiose, I think long discontinued, then please let me know and I will ask the store to put it to one side.

G

Nice color, but I will stick to Waterman South Sea Blue or Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise. If you are a MB fan, this is a nice color.

Now if only Noodler's would make a refillable dry-erase marker, I would buy a lifetime supply....

• 2 years later...

Beechwood, funny similar thing happened to me. I ordered a bottle of the new MB Balzac ink, but received instead the long discontinued Turkish Blue in the old style bottle, ref. 39100. Still says Made in West Germany on the box, so it could be 25 years old. If anyone interested you can PM me.

• 2 months later...

Beechwood, funny similar thing happened to me. I ordered a bottle of the new MB Balzac ink, but received instead the long discontinued Turkish Blue in the old style bottle, ref. 39100. Still says Made in West Germany on the box, so it could be 25 years old. If anyone interested you can PM me.

This is very interesting, the exact same thing happened to me this week, only mine came without the box so I had no idea what it was. Do you have any more information about this Turkish Blue?