Visconti Turquoise

Pictrix

It's no secret I like the Visconti inks for my flexies in particular, so I figured I'd collect the whole set.

To this review, I added a couple of words with a Leonardt italic dip nib (#1/large) and boy is there a difference when the ink is laid down wet and thick! It didn't quite bleed through, but it did warp the paper a bit, and took 20 minutes or so to completely dry. The shading in that sample is gorgeous though... of course many inks will look completely different when used this wet and wide.

This ink came in the "Boutique" bottle, which is about double the size of a Noodler's bottle (see photo below). I have no idea how much is in it, but it's a lot of ink that will last a long time. The bottle is glass, shaped a bit like an old "apothecary" bottle. It has a stopper (not a screw cap) made of cork, with the top portion made of wood. It is very cute, but I think about half this size would be even cuter (especially if you're going to call it "boutique".. but what do I know of such things?) The bottle comes packed in a brown corrugated paperboard with 4 flaps that fold down over the cap, leaving the cap (and identifying color band) showing above the top of the box. No labelling indicates the color, or the quantity on the bottle, or on the box.

This color is a very blue turquoise, like the stone, with only the slightest hint of green. A sample of Noodler's Eel Turquoise is on the page, and differs only in being marginally "bluer" and more saturated.

Like other Visconti's, the ink has notable lubrication, and tends to "bead" rather than spread, although this particular pen is generally a very wet writer, and this ink is not nearly dry enough for this nib to get the fine lines it should be capable of.

I like this ink color better than the Noodler's because the noodlers just seems "blue". At the same time, I'd almost classify this color as "cerulean blue" but... regardless I do like the color. While less "saturated" than the Noodler's, it is not at all faded and is rather vibrant on the page.

--Enjoy!

http://www.riorondo.com/fpn/visconti/ViscontiTurquoise.jpg

Here's a lineup of various bottles for comparison of bottle sizes (to indicate exactly HOW big this Boutique bottle is).

http://www.riorondo.com/fpn/visconti/BottleSizes.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Lefthander

• Pictrix

• blueblazes

Beautiful ink and nice review. The shading looks as though it could be a "lost" color from the Iroshizuku line. This might have to go on my inks-to-try list. Thanks!

Nice review. This is my favorite ink. I have used it for several years now in the office and at home. Thanks again for showing it off.

Pictrix,

Very nice review. Loved your picture with the bottles lines up from the tallest to the shortest one.

Pretty interesting Turqusoise color and the flexy nib gives it shading tones. Thanks for sharing with us

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

Nice colours, seems to be in the border between light blues and turquoises

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Pictrix,

Very nice review. Loved your picture with the bottles lines up from the tallest to the shortest one.

Pretty interesting Turqusoise color and the flexy nib gives it shading tones. Thanks for sharing with us

Great review on a beautiful ink that I'd love to try. I also like the photo with the bottles. Thanks!

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Goreguous ink colour, another one to purchase I think!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

• 4 years later...

Gorgeous color and great review!! I'll definitely have to try this. Can you get the huge bottles from any reliable supplier in the U.S.?

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Gorgeous color and great review!! I'll definitely have to try this. Can you get the huge bottles from any reliable supplier in the U.S.?

Both of the bottles up top (third bottle = Plastic, and fourth bottle = glass) are each 40 ml.

"Huge" Visconti bottles IMO are their 75-ml ones, A. not available in all colours, and B. Maybe not at all available anymore.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I was thinking of grabbing some sheaffer turquoise soon, but after this? It may be replaced with Visconti.

Anybody have a possible scan to compare the two?