Classic Pens L M1 Flame Red

hari317

Background:

A few weeks back I did not know much about the classic pens company or their products, during some discussion with a friend who lives in the USA, the topic of classic pens and Paul Rossi came up and it so happened that this pen landed at my door a few days back. LM is a limited edition series of 500 pieces named after Lambrou and Malikian.

First impressions:

I had seen the online photos of this pen, but nothing prepared me for this beauty, the highlight of this pen is the gorgeous diffusion bonded resin made by a company called Carville in England. The trim is very high quality gold plated and perfectly complements the red of the body.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/CP%20LM1/IMG_3319.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/CP%20LM1/IMG_3320.jpg

The material even though acrylic has a very good depth as I have tried to show in the clip jewel.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/CP%20LM1/IMG_3321.jpg

The clip is very elegant and easy to use.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/CP%20LM1/IMG_3322.jpg

This is one of the few pens that my collegues at work noticed immediately, a design which appeals to non pen people too.

Writing performance:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/CP%20LM1/IMG_3323.jpg

This series is fitted with a high quality Bock made nib with the Classic pens logo; plastic feeder, I got the fine point and a stock untuned nib, the nib is a beautifuly smooth performer, The nib has a hint of softness which makes writing with this pen a very pleasant experience.

Filling system:

Cartridge/converter in the international carts size. Ideal for travel or daily use.

Ergonomics:

Slightly larger then a 149, the LM1 is perfect for my hand; unposted. The section is slightly slender than the 149. Very comfortable.

Overall:

My first LE and a nice introduction to the art and workmanship of Classic Pens, I love this pen which adds a nice variety to my pen rotation.

Many thanks to my anonymous friend to provide me this chance to own this pen.

Cheers,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• wspohn

• muralidr

• Barry Gabay

Great Looking Pen Hari. I'm guessing you didn't buy this in India. What did it cost you?

Hi, as I wrote, the pen came to me through a good friend in the USA. I see that penhero has a special discount on this pen. Look here if interested for the pricing and excellent photos:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128666

Best Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Nice pen but too bad it isn't piston filled.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Nice pen but too bad it isn't piston filled.

Thank you Georges, I have several Piston filled pens and I really don't mind the lack of it here, in my personal opinion C/C filled pens have their strengths too.

Best,

Hari

Nice photography. I have seen this pen before in ads but they did nothing to really show off the depth and translucency of the material. I like the choice of the classic torpedo shape to show it off to great effect. This kind of pen (forgive the chauvanism) is a like a full figured girl ...big, beautiful and gorgeous.

Nice photography. I have seen this pen before in ads but they did nothing to really show off the depth and translucency of the material.

Thanks Brian! and I agree about the shape part. The clip is also very elegant, the various facets of which I have not photographed.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased one of these pens from Gary at F.G Thhomas in Sheffield.

I highly recomend this pen, it is now one of My favourites as it writes beautifully with a perfect nib the resin is also of excellent quality

The servive i received from Gary was second to none so why not pay Him a visit when in Sheffild or even via the net on his website sheaffertarga.com

Congrats, Hari. Fantastic pen from a wonderful company.

"The truth shall set you free..." John 8:32

"When in doubt, tell the truth.." Mark Twain

Congrats, Hari. Fantastic pen from a wonderful company.

Thanks Ron. I find myself looking at this pen all day...

Nice photography. I have seen this pen before in ads but they did nothing to really show off the depth and translucency of the material. I like the choice of the classic torpedo shape to show it off to great effect. This kind of pen (forgive the chauvanism) is a like a full figured girl ...big, beautiful and gorgeous.

I'll certainly agree with you that this material is a bear to depict accurately in a photograph. If you want to show how it almost glows, you need to almost overexpose it or crank up the contrast too much. I think the OP did as well as any I've seen.

I won't get into the female comparison - I tend not to assign such sexual attributes to my pens, but admit it would be handy if you could toss them in a drawer and get them to reproduce.....

I also have one of these pens in a non-released colour, a green called Tourmaline Fire, and believe me, the green and the red have me covered both ways at Christmas time. I've even carried them at the same time, one filled with a nice red, the other with a dark green ink.

In fact I am up to 5 pens in this shape - the Flame Red, Tourmaline Green, both CP8 versions and a ZJ1 Mosaique (same shape but larger pen and nib), and I am rather attached to them. Make a nice MB 149 equivalent (except the ZJ1 which would give any 149 feelings of inadequacy and performance anxiety!)

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html