Lamy accent brilliant

Mrsal

hi all,

my lamy accent got back from being repaired today, so i figured id do a review for you guys!

I. appearance and design 9/10

this pen has a very stunning appearance, with all of the shiny chrome and the shiny lacquer. i personally love the look of this pen, but not many do, which i dont understand... this pen has a design like no other pen i have see, with the huge grip, and the tiny cap.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01485.jpg

II. construction/quality 9/10

the construction of this pen i very good, but not as good as my van gogh or my 2000. it is an all metal design, in is very sturdy. the wuality is very good. all of the parts on this are nice to the touch, and dont feel cheap like some pens i have used.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01505.jpg

III. weight and dimensions 10/10!!

the weight of this pen is perfect for my hand. i prefer a heavy pen, and that is exactly what this is, a heavy pen made out of metal. it feels to be almost as heavy as my van gogh, which is the perfect weight for my hand, but is a bit to long and to thin. this pens grip is the most comfortable grip i have ever felt on a pen before. it is so big and comfortable!!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01480.jpg

IV. nib and performance 8/10

i think that this is a pretty good nib, and the performance is great too. the nib is not butter smooth, but i dont like that, because i think that the nib sill sail away and never come back... it has a hint of feedback, which i like. i doesnt lay down a line like a raging river, but somewhere in the middle of that and the sahara desert. its not my preference, but i still like it. there is also no decorative engravings on the nib, just B 14K 585 lamy.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01475.jpg

V. filling system and maintenance 8/10

the filling system in this is a C/C (cartridge and converter), and takes a lamy proprietary cartridge. it was returned to me with a lamy cart still in it, which i thought was a plus, but i took it out because i didnt like the color too much, a bit too purple. the converter is a screw in type, and has a nice smooth action to it. it holds a bit of ink, more than my waterman converters, but less than my visconti converter.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01506.jpg

VI. cost and value 8/10

well, i think that this i s good deal for a pen of such quality and one that i enjoy so much. i hope you guys get some of these and enjoy them like i do!

the end.

some extra pics!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01479.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/salleggieri/DSC01482.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mrsal

• HenryLouis

• meblamy

• polaris

Thanks for the review. I have the same pen in a fine nib. I really love the look of it as well as the way it writes. I need to pull it out and use it more!

Thanks for the great review. I had one a few years ago, back in 2002 when this model was first launched. It then had the cool monotone nib which was shiny and matt. Now it uses the same nib as the Studio and New Dialog 3.

thanks guys! polaris, this pen does hav a nib that is matte on the sides, just not on the face, you can see it in the 4th pic.

Edited by Mrsal

Great pics! Broad nib? Do you think you'll be able to use it at school? Heck, I'm starting to have problems writing with my Lamy 2000 M because it's thick!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Great pics! Broad nib? Do you think you'll be able to use it at school? Heck, I'm starting to have problems writing with my Lamy 2000 M because it's thick!

thanks henry, i dont think ill use this one at school, and i do love my b nibs!!

Great review + pics. How's the surface finish holding up?

And is the converter the same model as the one that fits the Studio?

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

Great review + pics. How's the surface finish holding up?

And is the converter the same model as the one that fits the Studio?

thanks pfhorrest, the finish holds up pretty well with daily use, and it uses the same converter as the studio

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the review.

I recently won from a drawing of registrants an Accent Brilliant rollerball at the pen show at Leather, Inc. in Lexington, KY. (Leather, Inc. has KY's largest selection of B&M retail fountain pens. No affiliation just a satisfied customer.) The Accent Brilliant is heavy. I use it for writing checks mostly.

What material is the section in which the nib is fitted? It looks like plastic, but is it? Thanks

yup, its just a peice of plastic, but it holds up pretty well