Pelikan Souverän M800 Green

aldi

Pelikan Souverän M800 Green

Hi FPN members! This is my first fountain pen review approximation. :W2FPN:

First Impressions (9/10): I was really impressed!! What can I say? I was not prepared to spend so much money on a pen, but when I opened the box... Stop thinking about money, enjoy your pen!!!

Appearance & Design (9/10): accurate, exact, pure, and delightful

Nib (9/10): 18K 750 gold medium nib. Very smooth. The pictures speak for themselves…

Weight & Dimensions (8/10):

Length capped: 5 7/16 inches

Length posted: 6 1/2 inches

Length unposted: 5 1/32 inches

Section diameter: 0.51 inches

Weight: ~ 30 g

Data copied, can be incorrect. Yes, I am lazy ;) :P -_-

Comparison to Lamy Vista (Bonus) :clap1: :

Filling System (10/10): Pelikan Piston filler: it just works well. And lubricating ink is helping (I must admit it)

Performance (8/10): It's a great pen but I would try the M1000. Sometimes I think it's small for my hands. However, I do love it.

Cost & Value (9/10): I bought it at a reasonable price. I think I wouldn't pay the full retail price. Sorry, but this is my opinion. :thumbup:

Conclusions (62/70):

Does it write well? Yes

Is the nib smooth? Yes

Is it comfortable for your hand? Yes

Do you think it is beautiful (having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see),

elegant (tastefully fine or luxurious in style) and comfortable (being in a state of

physical or mental comfort) ? Yes

Conclusion: It is a good (everyday) writer!

To be continued...

And you, what do you think?

-Aldi

If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aldi

• ateebtk

• shrinknib

• Pfhorrest

Great photos, they really bring out the important features of that pen.

I haven't tried this model, or many Pelikans for that matter. Could you answer a quick question?

Specifically, I would like to know whether the cap threads on the section are felt while holding the pen. If so, do they cause discomfort?

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

Nice review of a classic. It combines great performance, aesthetics, and design in a pen one would be proud to own.

I like the gold rings.

A man's real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.

Welcome to FPN - and thanks for a great review!

You made me nearly smell the paper, and the pen........that pen is wonderful - as are your pics - you did a good first reveiw!!! Now we will expect more - and more........and more!!!

What next??

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Nice review. I can't believe how similar in size the two pens are!

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

Great photos, they really bring out the important features of that pen.

I haven't tried this model, or many Pelikans for that matter. Could you answer a quick question?

Specifically, I would like to know whether the cap threads on the section are felt while holding the pen. If so, do they cause discomfort?

No, they are not felt because the helical ridge of the screw is a little bit rounded.

Welcome to FPN - and thanks for a great review!

You made me nearly smell the paper, and the pen........that pen is wonderful - as are your pics - you did a good first reveiw!!! Now we will expect more - and more........and more!!!

What next??

Another Pelikan of course :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Sweet pen and great review.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

Thanks for the comparison. I wanted to buy a pelikan soon and now I know that the M600 is probably best because the vista for me is too large and I like to post.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

I have the very same pen today at work with me. What a great pen is!

Thank you for your review and welcome to FPN!

Andre

p.s. it's a great way to start with a review!

Edited by diplomat

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

:W2FPN: And thanks for a great review.

I have found the Pel M-800 to be a great workhorse pen. I like M-800's and M-1000's for their comfortable sizes, yet the M-800 is much more portable.

I hope you continue to enjoy the pen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The Pelikan M800 green is in my view a super classic. It's a pity that the images are gone from this review.

Yep, looked at this review for the comparison pictures but now they're no more :(

"We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

whats the delio with the pics

new format/ "updates to site"

same reason I seem to need to login every hour!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)