Noodler's Green

Nellie 2

Here it is.

post-26051-1248272111_thumb.jpg

Since I made my comparison scans I've noticed that on some papers (very smooth good quality paper such as my Recycling pads) the ink seems to lose some of its vibrancy after a few hours. It's hard to explain, but compared to Green Marine it looks a bit more on the yellow side at first. After a while that changes and Green Marine looks more vibrant, whereas Standard Green appears to have lost some of its yellow hues. Has anyone else observed this??

I also forgot to mention that - like all Noodler's inks - this is archival in the sense that the colour is not supposed to fade over time. I'm testing this and in about two months will post my findings here.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Goodwhiskers

• Nellie

• Jared

• bossy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like this green. It's a well behaved, pure green.

Very well done, informative review. Nellie 2 is the same person that Nellie? (You share name and avatar, just wondering..).

Thank you, Nellie, for this very comprehensive review: the colours come up clearly on my screen. I'm amazed that my prayers were answered in under 12 hours!

Ann did a review of the Grüne Cactus but the photo is no longer up: no chance you could do a review or post a shot of that ink as well?

Thanks again,

Tom

Ondina, thanks a lot and yes I am/ we are - whatever :) (all my attachments were in reviews and I ran out of space, and because I hate it when scans/pictures disappear from reviews, I developed a split personality :embarrassed_smile: )

Thank you, Nellie, for this very comprehensive review: the colours come up clearly on my screen. I'm amazed that my prayers were answered in under 12 hours!

Ann did a review of the Grüne Cactus but the photo is no longer up: no chance you could do a review or post a shot of that ink as well?

Thanks again,

Tom

You're welcome, Tom. You can see Gruene Cactus in my first lightfastness scan in the thread I linked above (post 3, no. 22 & 23; it looks less pale than in the scan, however. Maybe if you did a search on FPN, better scans/photos would come up). I ordered it after seeing the scan on the Swisherpens site, and found that fairly accurate. Or you could simply ask Ann to put her picture in the review again - much better than anything I could ever do :)

Actually both Noodler's should dry quickly enough on the paper in school exercise books (I know for a fact that Gruene Cactus does).

Nellie

I've been more interested in green inks lately--thanks for the excellent review with comparisons.

It is easy and pleasant to read a page full of this green. I like the good behavior on bad paper. This one is not a glaring attention-getter, so use some other green for markup.

Nice scan.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom, Gruene Cactus review image is back up. Decided to host it in a different location (with better staying power, I hope!)

Best, Ann