Parker Quink Ink Review.

Inka

So this is one of the few inks I've not seen listed on Ink Reviews.

I got a sample from a good friend, so as to help out others here I'd decided to do this review for my friends here to see.

It's my first Parker Quink ink, a true-green ink with some nice shading when using certain nibs such as Obliques or Italics.

I have a Stub nib I'd hand-ground that would most likely give this ink even more color and shading, maybe I'll install my Stub and write a sample for all to see later.

So here's my hand-written review, of this cool green ink, one I may buy myself once my sample bottle runs dry...

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu56/InkaFX/Parker-Quink-Green-Review.jpg

I hope you enjoy reading and seeing this, at least as much as I'd enjoyed writing it for all of you here.

Enjoy!

:thumbup:

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inka

• PJohnP

• pixelsnbytes

• Jeje3325

I use the Quink blue and black, and like them both. I'll have to try the green! It's not as bright as the Pelikan green. Thank you for posting this.

Deb

Scott :

Great review on one of my favourite inks !

Sadly, for us North Americans, Parker Quink Green is going the way of Quink Red - unavailable in this marketplace. A shame, because it's an extremely well behaved ink, and the green colour is "just so". I've stocked up with two bottles, and I might get another one or two, as I know just how peeved I was when I finally ran out of Quink Red when that line was discontinued. For a very long time, this has been my "go to" ink in green...

John P.

Thanks.

By the way, this green must not be the same as is listed on Swisher as "Parker Quink Permanent Green", since this washes away easily.

I did a wash-test on this but haven't scanned the results, was still drying when I posted this and it washed away with cold running water.

The one I reviewed here flushed off inkjet paper with tap water, leaving only faint remnants of Turquoise "fuzz" behind and completely illegible.

Seems whenever I find an ink I really like, it's either too expensive for me, limited, or due to be discontinued soon.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

Does anyone know if this is really the same as Waterman Green? Perhaps that is why green Quink won't be offered in the U.S. anymore. It looks about the same on my screen, but I could be wrong. That would be a shame since I'm sure Quink is sold for less.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

No, it's not the same ink. I've been a fan of the Quink green since I was 13. I like the Quink green because it's clear; you can really see through the ink (if the paper has any lines or squares).

The Waterman green has some more blue in it, it's darker and less transparent, less bright. And don't think I don't like dark green inks, as I love Montblanc Racing green... I don't really like the Waterman green (I have a bottle of this ink that seems to never end that I use to make a blue/green ink). Now I'm at work but if you want and if I can get some time to do it at home I can post here a comparative scan of the Quink and Waterman greens.

I've been told that here in Portugal Quink green is also no longer available, but I can't confirm this information. It seems that Parker don't deliver regularly anything than the most obvious (blue or black ink, only few finishes of the their models, almost no converters, etc.).

Fortunately I know of a store here in Lisbon that still has some few bottles of a liter (of green and red Quink). I think I have 2 or 3 at home and I think I'll go to that store today to buy the rest of green bottles they may have. The price is 15,00€, but when they sell the normal size bottles (57 ml) for about 4,50€ I think the price for the big one is really worth it.

Regards,

Paulo

Does anyone know if this is really the same as Waterman Green? Perhaps that is why green Quink won't be offered in the U.S. anymore. It looks about the same on my screen, but I could be wrong. That would be a shame since I'm sure Quink is sold for less.

looks exactly as Bic Cristal's green

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Thanks a lot for this review!! I have been hoping someone would do a review of this ink for quite a while.

Could you (or someone else) do a fade test as well, please?

Swisherpens still has this ink for sale in the US.

Much Love--Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice review, thanks for sharing. Very interesting and well behaving ink with nice shading too !!

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• 4 months later...

That is a nice colour. I think i need to stop using cartridges and start using bottled after seeing this colour.....

The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions - Confucius

I've got a bottle of "vintage" Parker Quink, washable green. I'm not sure of the date -- the bottle has a splash saying "NEW!", the 2oz bottle is marked 59c, and it's marked "Made in Canada, Parker Pen Co., Ltd." The box design reminds me of the Super Chrome box, so I've always guessed this was ~1950s or so -- maybe someone here has a better guess.

My ink looks a lot darker than the sample here -- obviously I'd have to try them side by side to know for sure (but if the OP wants a sample to do a test, I'm happy to send one). The vintage Washable Green Quink I have is quite close to Diamine Woodland Green -- perhaps not quite so dark. It's definitely a green green, and shades nicely. It feathers pretty noticeably on 140gm acid free paper (Seawhite of Brighton) using an Eagle 680; no feathering on my Rhodia with the same pen. The Quink I have in cartridges is "slipperier", and paler (closer to the color in the sample above, though I'm going from memory since I don't really want to pop a new cartridge -- I've got too many pens inked with greens at the moment.

I've never really been fond of Quink, though I like the vintage green. Has anyone here been a Quink fan for more than a few decades? Did they change their formula noticeably along the way, or is this just an effect of aging? (If so, Quink Washable Green ages quite well. I sure wish I knew where to pick up 1L for 15 euros!)

• 1 month later...

Not too long ago I purchased a couple of bottles of Parker Quink Green.Plan on using it as my Saint Patrick's Day green ink.

• 3 years later...

Bought some black this week at Staples and today in another staples I noticed they had some blue-black and some blue.

My 57ml bottle is made in France.

I'll probably go back and get a few , for 8$ its pretty affordable