Caran d"Ache Turquoise Green

Dudley

Another review for fun. This time its Turkisgrun! beautiful color, always wanted a turquoise green, cause turquois is my birthstone and just wanted some marine greenish color. Have you noticed that this color is very common on female clothing?? Its sort of feminine and is sorta awkward color to take notes with hahahaha. i get looks..... i swear.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_review.jpg

This is macro with Ohto Tasche.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_macro.jpg

Macro showing difference in color. Is it obvious to others as it is to me??

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_comparison.jpg

The bottle is also cool that it is a pen stand, but it feels cheaply made because there is a crease right down the middle that juts out and makes it an unstable platform for larger pens.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_bottle.jpg

Out of thin air, quote of the moment (6/1/06): "boredom leads to creativity, as compulsion leads to innovation"

-Name your kids dudley, cause the name is feeling a little deprived =P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dudley

• Taki

• AnneM

• RobertJWarren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I want some feedback about my revies. So im curious about a few things and please be honest..

Do i post too many pictures?

Are my pictures too big?

Are my pictures even accurate on everyone elses monitors?

Any other suggestions?

Oh yeah my grammar and spelling sucks, no need to mention about that, haha.

Edited by Dudley

Out of thin air, quote of the moment (6/1/06): "boredom leads to creativity, as compulsion leads to innovation"

oh yeah, another picture for fun,

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_accident.jpg

Thanks for the reviews and Mazel Tov on the nib. Is that the same bottle as the Herbin?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Sigh... another ink I'll have to add to my collection, in quest of the perfect turquoise! The pictures are great, thanks.

If you like this color you may want to try Sheaffer Skrip green, which actually is more teal than green. Another fun mix is 50% blue suede & 50% Sheaffer green, for a greenish turquoise.

If I can ever get my scanner to work again I'll post images -- some day...

Petra

Judging by the bottle and (I think) Betty's own remarks about this ink, it is made by J. Herbin for Caran D'Ache. Some years back, they had different bottles and presumabnly different origin.

Concerning your reviews: they are great, the there can't be enough pics, their size is alright and achieving the same colour appearance on different (no-calibrated) monitors is nearly impossible.

BTW: sorry about the suboptimal picture quality I can publish, my only digicam is a Casio Exilim EX Z3, and my lighting possibilites are limited, currently.

post-35-1148084844_thumb.jpg

Edited by saintsimon

Thanks for the very informative reviews--you cover a lot of important points very cleatly and the pictures are very good! Keep up the good work!

Yup, I think it's made by Herbin not only because of the same bottle, but even the bottom of the bottle is stamped "Herbin".

Dudley, great review and I think your blue Tasche looks so much better than my pink one. This review makes me get out my own bottle and use it. I haven't used it in a while.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Woah, i never thought of looking at the bottom, how neat! big fat "J. HERBIN" stamped right on there.

And betty, i actually like how the pink one looks actually hahah. being a guy and all thats sort of weird but i think it looks best in pink.

• 11 months later...

Pickin' up an old thread...

Does anyone know how the Caran d'Ache turquoise green compares to the Caran d'Ache Colors of the Earth Caribbean Sea?

Does anyone know how the Caran d'Ache turquoise green compares to the Caran d'Ache Colors of the Earth Caribbean Sea?

According to Michael Richter's review, Turquoise Green is "similar in color but more intense and slightly darker" than Caribbean Sea.

Bye.

That's a lovely turquoise green. Haven't seen this brand in my local pen shop though.

Fun review. :)

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I'm curious, too. Does anyone know a place that still have the old bottle? Or, is it the same color as one of Herbin colors?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Ohto Tasche also and I really like the way it writes..

The bottle is also cool that it is a pen stand, but it feels cheaply made because there is a crease right down the middle that juts out and makes it an unstable platform for larger pens.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/Dudleykun/TG_bottle.jpg

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

Wait a minute, the Tasche is a cartridge only, how did you do that??

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

This color looks exactly like Sheaffer Green in the bottle - which is a very nice turquoise green. However, I have some Sheaffer Green cartridges and they are a true green - not a turquoise green.

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom