• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penguinmaster

• dizzypen

• FrankB

• Peter from Sherwood Park

Thanks for the review. I've wondered about this color. Guess I'll add it to the list of inks to try.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

I too waited a long time to try this ink and have been pleasantly surprised. It's really helped the flow of my MB 145. I also like the chalky color when it dries. A turn off for some, but I like the mellow look of the color. Thanks for giving it a review.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

Do you like the paper you use for these reviews? It seems as through it has a tendency to cause inks to feather quite a bit on it. Would you say that is accurate?

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Do you like the paper you use for these reviews? It seems as through it has a tendency to cause inks to feather quite a bit on it. Would you say that is accurate?

I do like the paper actually. Very few inks I have feather on it. I can think of about 4 or 5 inks (without looking through my review book) that have feathered on it. That's out of probably 50-55 reviews done on the paper and posted. Oddly enough though too, some of those inks that did feather on this paper, when used in a different pen, did not feather, so its' not always the paper either. I used to use this type of paper exclusively (it was easy and cheap to get through my work, still is actually), but it just got to be a bit overboard to use 110lb paper when could get like 50-60lb paper as well and carry more paper in my notebooks.

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

ok. My eyes must be playing tricks on me then 'cause it looks like violet vote is feathering quite a bit on that paper.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

ok. My eyes must be playing tricks on me then 'cause it looks like violet vote is feathering quite a bit on that paper.

Violet Vote does indeed feather a bit on this paper, as indicated in the review.. The way you asked it seemed like you were talking for the majority of my reviews that I do. Inks that feather on this paper are definitely in the minority though.

Regards,

Tom

An intriguing ink -- not quite what I expected, but it looks worth a try. Thank you for the review.

This is one of my favorite inks for writing checks and signing business documents. I have found the ink to be well behaved and very useful. I hope this ink is around for a long time.

I just got this ink for the first time. Pendemonium had been out for a year or so and finally have it back in. I agree with the above review - it's well behaved and tends to dry a bit chalky. However, the waterproof qualities far outweigh the need for vibrancy on the page. And as with several Noodler's colours other than black, there's always the option of mixing in 25%+ of a vibrant colour to make it pop. You'll retain the waterproofness of the Noodler's portion and still have a bright ink. Having mixed Gulfstream Blue and PR American Blue, I can say that it works very well.

I haven't tried Violet Vote, but from my experience La Reine Mauve would be a good choice for anyone looking for a more vibrant alternative.

Violet Vote does indeed feather a bit on this paper, as indicated in the review.. The way you asked it seemed like you were talking for the majority of my reviews that I do. Inks that feather on this paper are definitely in the minority though.

Regards,

Tom

Just wanted to add, that I tried this ink in another Eversharp Symphony and it did not feather on the cardstock. Goes to prove the point that it's not always the paper.

Regards,

Tom

• 1 year later...

Has anyone compared this ink to Noodler's Highland's Heather?

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator