Hakase 29018

rhk

Last friday I found a UPS slip in my mailbox, saying that they had tried to delover a package, and that some serious import duties were due. Yesterday I could stay home for a while to prepare class, and then the van reappeared. I paid the duties, and he gave me the package that contained my second Hakase pen, model 29018. A full review will follow later, here are some pictures. I ordered the pen on May 2nd 2008, and received it 4 May 2009 so only a twelve month wait. Ruud

Hakase has its own wrapping paper.

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/wrapping.jpg

The pen is made of horn of water buffalo and has pure gold (14kt) trim.

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/closed.jpg

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/open-pen.jpg

The nib is nothing short of incredible, very smooth and pleasant to write with.

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/nob.jpg

The pen fills with Pilot cartridges or with the con70 convertor that is included. The contents look a bit funny, it is Montblanc blue ink.

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/convertor.jpg

The barrel gives the month of production.

http://www.rhkoning.com/penpics/hakase/29018/date.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• FrankB

• DrPJM1

• rhk

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, cool pen. I was looking at their squid ink. Interesting company.

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

I have looked at their website, and not been able to figure much out. You are the only one on this forum I that I have seen with a Hakase.

That is a striking pen.

I assume the middle section's bump is to keep it from rolling?

I love the clip on it (reminicient of a military type clip), but how well does it work in practice?

the Danitrio Fellowship

Ruud, this is a gorgeous pen! Interesting short clip. I like the hammered gold band. Nice to see the CON-70 in use (one of the best converters out there).

Hey, how about a little more content and turn this into a review? ;)

~Gary

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Congrats! I love buffalo horn as a pen material. I have only two of my own, both Danitrios. This pen is lovely with a unique, yet minimalist, design. As Doug said, you seem to be the Lone Ranger of Hakasa information here, and I am really looking forward to your review.

I am very curious about how large the pen is. I would love to see a comparison photo with some known pen models.

Beautiful pen Ruud,

would love to see a writing sample as well. The buffalo horn and the 14K gold trim is such a beautiful combination.

Nikolaos

Edited by Nikolaos

MYU: Thank you so much for that Hakasa Event link! That was the single largest infusion of information I ever saw about Hakasa pens but I had long ago lost the link. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Oh how I wish I could order one in real Tortoise!

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

MYU: Thank you so much for that Hakasa Event link! That was the single largest infusion of information I ever saw about Hakasa pens but I had long ago lost the link.

You're welcome, Frank. It is indeed a valuable reference for Hakasa. I wish they'd post it on their website! I do wonder... if most of their customers are from Japan, instead of overseas.

~Gary

Oh how I wish I could order one in real Tortoise!

Agreed. It's too bad the tortoise is an endangered species and products made with genuine tortoise shell are not allowed to be imported to the USA. I guess you'd need an international address or a friend in Japan. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

True, the Endangered Species Act protects several species of turtle. But it does not even allow the products if the turtles are farmed.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Ruud, this is a gorgeous pen! Interesting short clip. I like the hammered gold band. Nice to see the CON-70 in use (one of the best converters out there).

Hey, how about a little more content and turn this into a review? ;)

~Gary

I have written a review and posted some additional pictures in the review section. Ruud

Edited by rhk