Private Reserve Arabian Rose

dizzypen

Ok I am in love with this color! It is a great pinkly mauve. It is bright and saturated though subdued. It reminds me of a more conservative version of Noodler's Saguaro Wine.

Important bits:

No feathering.

Bleed through depends on how wet your pen writes and what kind of paper you are using.

Flows readily and offer good lubrication

The drying time is slow. It took nearly 20 seconds for the ink to dry. Lefties be forewarned.

Shading can be very good, but as usually, it will shade better on some than on others.

It is water resistant. I ran it under the tap for about 5 minutes and rubbed across the writing and it was still completely legible. I also dropped water on it, and the ink would spread but remain legible. So as long as the ink has had time to dry you should be able to make it through an accident.

The lighting was a bit odd on this photo. The right-hand portion of the photo is more true to the color than the left-hand portion, nevertheless, this is a fair representation of the ink.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1489/photos/4/1482744/7318469/ArabianRoseCard-vi.jpg

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter from Sherwood Park

• Silvermink

• Strang

• dizzypen

Thank you for the review -- this is a great ink. Thanks also to Strang who made me try it in the first place.

• 1 month later...

This is a really pretty color - just picked some up and am using it in my Bamboo. It's actually not as voluminous flow-wise as I expected, which is good since I don't generally like using really wet inks in an M nib.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Another ink found on my shelf this morning, and I have no clue why I bought it. Looks nice though, I'll give it a go. I'll put it my Bamboo also. :)

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Thank you for the review -- this is a great ink. Thanks also to Strang who made me try it in the first place.

One of my very favorites and seems to work well in all my pens. Thanks for the review!!