Pilot Iroshizuku Edo-Murasaki

Immoteus

Here is my review of the Limited Edition ink by Pilot. I was fortunate enough to obtain a vial to sample and this colour is beautiful! Sadly, Itoya is sold out of this colour (and the other two as well) and I find it unfortunate that Pilot won't make this part of their regular production seeing how it has a striking resemblance to MB Violet (A colour readily accessible at many retailers). Enjoy!

Note: In the colour comparison, the scanner was unable to pick up the subtle differences between MB Violet, Edo-murasaki and CdA Storm. Edo-murasaki is a little lighter than Violet and darker than CdA Storm.

Usual disclaimer: Color representation unfortunately cannot always be accurate due to the use of a scanner, reproduction of the scan in various computer monitors, and variations in pen/paper characteristics.

Edited by Immoteus

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Immoteus

• jlepens

• ethernautrix

• Kamiyashi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting a review of Edo-Murasaki. Glad we can get something so similar in MB Violet, an ink I love and use regularly.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Edo-Murasaki seems to be a very nice ink! It is more appealing to me than Yama-Budo.

Edited by bjornhansson

Thank you for the review, I love dusty purples. On my screen, it seems that the ink has more of a vintage faded look than MB Violet. Too bad this ink is not available.

Another beautiful review! It really is a shame that more people won't be able to get the chance to use this ink. I can't wait to see the other two colors now!

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

Edo-Murasaki seems to be a very nice ink! It is more appealing to me than Yama-Budo.

Yes it is, I feel that this colour should have been included in their third release of reds, oranges and purples.

Very pretty color. Thanks for adding water-resistance tests. I look for water-resistance in inks, so it's good to know.

The MB Violet looks a bit more purple than the Edo-Murasaki, a little deeper. Is that true?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Very pretty color. Thanks for adding water-resistance tests. I look for water-resistance in inks, so it's good to know.

The MB Violet looks a bit more purple than the Edo-Murasaki, a little deeper. Is that true?

It is, but its subtle. I wouldn't be able to tell the two apart if I didn't compare them.

It is, but its subtle. I wouldn't be able to tell the two apart if I didn't compare them.

Have you tried this ink in your Appellation? Cos that's the only sample I have (I'm looking at it now) of the MB Violet, which is a vibrant, deep, rich, creamy color. Is the MB water-resistant, do you know off the top of your head?

etherX in To Miasto

Thanks for the wonderful review, I was curious to see it since I probably won't ever be able to use it.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Nice color. Fantastic handwriting. I'm already trying to copy some your capital letters.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/pop.jpg

Follow me on Twitter!

Read my silly blog!

Another beautiful review! It really is a shame that more people won't be able to get the chance to use this ink. I can't wait to see the other two colors now!

All the packages went out today so they should arrive in 1-3 days. Hopefully someone will review the two remaining colours.

Have you tried this ink in your Appellation? Cos that's the only sample I have (I'm looking at it now) of the MB Violet, which is a vibrant, deep, rich, creamy color. Is the MB water-resistant, do you know off the top of your head?

Hmm... I distinctly remember that someone did a rinse test on MB violet but I can't find it anywhere. So I did my own. here ya go! I decided to use rhodia for the test since I am running low on cotton paper. On 'Ultra Bright White' paper the difference is still subtle but its easier for the scanner to pick up.

post-10295-1240275104_thumb.jpg

Wow, those two colors are so very pretty, dark and vibrant. Thank you for water-testing the MB.

I looked at the sample of the MB Violet in my notebook, but when I ordered ink, I went with Racing Green. I think I'll use Racing Green more often than I'll use Violet.

Maybe after (when? if? !!) I get the Appellation (I am sooooo tempted!)... argh.

etherX in To Miasto

That's a great link, jlepens. Thanks for posting it. :)

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

All the packages went out today so they should arrive in 1-3 days. Hopefully someone will review the two remaining colours.

I'm pretty sure Feiye just received a bottle of each colour. Maybe she'll do a review if we all ask very nicely. ^^

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

I'm pretty sure Feiye just received a bottle of each colour. Maybe she'll do a review if we all ask very nicely. ^^

Yuki

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home today, so I'm excited to that. Maybe I'll do one if I ever slow down long enough. Then again, my handwriting won't be as nice as Immoteus. :lol:

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

I got mine last night and loaded shimbashi-iro in a Bexley Sheherazade with stub nib. Hummmm turquoise.

Thanks Immoteus for doing this. Now we need someone to look into the Sailor Kobe Story inks. Why does Japan get all the cool ink??? :roflmho:

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg