Noodlers Eel Turquoise

penguinmaster

This one is an odd one. It matches my paper copy, and while it is called turquoise, it definitely comes off blue when looked at by itself. Put it next to a blue though and the hints of green start to come out. It IS a pretty blue turquoise though.

http://facstaff.uww.edu/pellizzt/ink%20reviews/Noodlers%20Eel%20Turquoise.jpg

Check out this review and more at my new site: Pens and Ink

Regards,

Tom

Edited by penguinmaster

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penguinmaster

• Signum1

• mucephei

• chartoune

• 1 month later...

Penguinmaster, I think you got an American Eel Blue or you didn't flush the ink pen out completely because my version of the American Eel Turquoise ink is different than yours. Perhaps Nathan can chime in to comment if he reads this post.

By the way, on a different matter Penguinmaster, I ordered the rollabind punch recently. :)

Penguinmaster, I think you got an American Eel Blue or you didn't flush the ink pen out completely because my version of the American Eel Turquoise ink is different than yours. Perhaps Nathan can chime in to comment if he reads this post.

By the way, on a different matter Penguinmaster, I ordered the rollabind punch recently. :)

I appreciate the concern, however a couple of things to keep in mind.

1. Every pen will write different. The particular pen used to write this review was a pretty wet, flexible stub eversharp pen, leading to the color you see.

2. What you see on your monitor may not always be the true color ( :yikes: I know, shocking!) . As much as I try very hard to color match, I just can't account for all the possible combinations, nor do I have the money to buy the calibration equipment for my scanner.

3. The pen that was used in this review was actually completely flushed and resacced before this ink was put in (not for this review mind you, but I purchased it and tend to do that with a "new vintage" pen that I buy.) So definitely not an issue of having other ink in there previously.

4. Lastly, because I want to make sure when I do reviews that bring up questions before I respond I want to make absolutely sure of the colors being seen. I did reink a different pen with this ink and wrote close to a page. The color I have on my paper matches pretty close to what I still see in my review.

That all being said I do appreciate when people bring up inconsistencies with anyone's reviews, it helps us all become better and make sure the ink we are ordering is the ink we really want! I will agree that mine is darker than the review you did, the reasons for that could be tons of things I won't even enter into. However it just goes to show my point above, having different reviews of the same ink, in different pens, papers, etc, shows people the performance of certain inks across the board.

Sorry for the long-winded response.

On the other side note, enjoy the rollabind, I continually keep finding more and more and more and more uses (see lots of uses!) for mine. I think I could probably waste an entire week of work creating notebooks for stuff if i really wanted too. Sadly it leads to purchases of other things (mainly levenger circa products i.e. holders, drawer, discs, god knows what else they sell!)

Regards,

Tom

1. Every pen will write different. The particular pen used to write this review was a pretty wet, flexible stub eversharp pen, leading to the color you see.

2. What you see on your monitor may not always be the true color ( :yikes: I know, shocking!) . As much as I try very hard to color match, I just can't account for all the possible combinations, nor do I have the money to buy the calibration equipment for my scanner.

3. The pen that was used in this review was actually completely flushed and resacced before this ink was put in (not for this review mind you, but I purchased it and tend to do that with a "new vintage" pen that I buy.) So definitely not an issue of having other ink in there previously.

4. Lastly, because I want to make sure when I do reviews that bring up questions before I respond I want to make absolutely sure of the colors being seen. I did reink a different pen with this ink and wrote close to a page. The color I have on my paper matches pretty close to what I still see in my review.

That all being said I do appreciate when people bring up inconsistencies with anyone's reviews, it helps us all become better and make sure the ink we are ordering is the ink we really want! I will agree that mine is darker than the review you did, the reasons for that could be tons of things I won't even enter into. However it just goes to show my point above, having different reviews of the same ink, in different pens, papers, etc, shows people the performance of certain inks across the board.

On the other side note, enjoy the rollabind, I continually keep finding more and more and more and more uses (see lots of uses!) for mine. I think I could probably waste an entire week of work creating notebooks for stuff if i really wanted too. Sadly it leads to purchases of other things (mainly levenger circa products i.e. holders, drawer, discs, god knows what else they sell!)

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I appreciate you taking the time to draft a detailed reply. No need to apologize, Tom. From your writing sample I can tell that you have a preference for a wet nib. Thank you for clarifying that the pen was completely flushed. As noted from another member here, your bottle of American Eel Turquoise is darker and I agree with that statement.

My rollabind puncher is coming in next week. I can't wait to cut up my 32 lbs paper into smaller pieces to carry with me. I just noticed a leather book company in the States makes book covers for circa disks. Hmmm more raw materials for creative thoughts to be drafted on. :)

Signum

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I appreciate you taking the time to draft a detailed reply. No need to apologize, Tom. From your writing sample I can tell that you have a preference for a wet nib. Thank you for clarifying that the pen was completely flushed. As noted from another member here, your bottle of American Eel Turquoise is darker and I agree with that statement.

My rollabind puncher is coming in next week. I can't wait to cut up my 32 lbs paper into smaller pieces to carry with me. I just noticed a leather book company in the States makes book covers for circa disks. Hmmm more raw materials for creative thoughts to be drafted on. :)

Signum

Definitely a detailed response, ha, I didn't realize it until after I posted, I just like to make sure all the info is present. I will add though, if you look at some of the upper strokes (tips of letters and so on) where the ink flow was a bit lighter than the rest, you'll see a pretty close color match to your review.

-Regards

Tom

[Check out this review and more at my new site: Pens and Ink

Hi Penguinmaster: thanks for another excellent review. Your ink reviews are very useful - the consistency and standards are great - thanks. I really enjoyed looking through your stylish web site. The ink review "master list" is especially well-designed: the ink color broad stroke on each of your reviews makes for a quick visual "index". Much appreciated!

* Nakaya celluloid M * Nakaya Briar F * Sailor PG M-F * Parker Duofold Jnr F * LAMY Safari EF * Tombow Object F * Lamy 2K EF * Platinum Preppy 0.3 *

[Check out this review and more at my new site: Pens and Ink

Hi Penguinmaster: thanks for another excellent review. Your ink reviews are very useful - the consistency and standards are great - thanks. I really enjoyed looking through your stylish web site. The ink review "master list" is especially well-designed: the ink color broad stroke on each of your reviews makes for a quick visual "index". Much appreciated!

Thanks!

My bottle of plain Navajo Turquoise is amazing because it shades a lot. In a wet pen it is undeniably royal blue, in a dry pen or in the un-shaded parts of letters, it looks sky-blue turquoise, a ringer for the blue stones that rich women wear around their neck when they go to eat at Chez Panisse in the Gourmet Ghetto in Berkeley.

anyway, if you look at Peng.'s letter "q" in the lowest line of the "general review" section, I think you'll see that the color isn't so drastically different, it's the wetness of the pen.

Peng, I don't know if you are able to do it, but you might like to include, as part of your reviewing, a comparison between what I call "Hana Hand" and "Ballpoint Hand"... I always do it as four consecutive figure eights, two in Hana Hand, two in Ballpoint Hand, which also shows the flex, in addition to the shading and color change upon wetness.

(Umenohana once gave me a flex lesson, which involves holding the pen SO lightly, like a paintbrush, so that someone can grab the pen out of your hand very easily... When you write like this, the ink rarely shades, and goes down "as light as the pen will allow")

(I think we're all familiar with ballpoint hand -- it's what we fear when someone asks if they can borrow our fountain pen!!!)

Edited by Melnicki

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl