New Stock of Reform 1745 pens found!

Lexaf

Hi Lex. PM sent.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lexaf

• JulioPB

• mwpannell

• RudyN

Hi Lexaf,

PM sent, for one please.

Thank you.

stjim.

StJimmy.

"It has been my expirence that folks with no vices have very few virtues"-Abraham

Lincoln

Good evening/morning...

I sent you a PM regarding these wonderful pens...Fingers crossed hoping there are some left!!! Thanks so much...abbe

Dear Members (and Lexaf fans),

Lex has been having difficulties reconnecting to the FPN (PM's, posting etc.) since the server change. This hasn't happened to many, but it has been a problem for a few members, Lex being the most severe so far.

Please be patient while we try to unravel the mystery, and get Lex fully connected as soon as we can.

We wish to emphasize that this is in no way Lex's fault, and hope that everyone will understand that his not responding to your requests is entirely a system bug. He will be in touch as soon as we can make it possible.

Warm regards to everyone,

FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

To Lex and the FPN Admin team --

For what its worth, my PM experience with Lex was perfect overnight. I PMed him, followed up with a "PM sent" notice in this string, and heard back from him within 6 hours or less.

Thanks for the great site.

To Lex and the FPN Admin team --

For what its worth, my PM experience with Lex was perfect overnight. I PMed him, followed up with a "PM sent" notice in this string, and heard back from him within 6 hours or less.

Thanks for the great site.

FWIW,

Lex and I traded some PM's real-time this morning, around 0600. He was responding to a mesaage from me on this thread.

edit: 0600 Pacific time

GeneF

Edited by GeneF

Hi All!

Thank you Admins (Wim! :thumbup: Gerry! :thumbup:) for help. I'll contact you a.s.a.p at the admins e-mail address.

I solved most of the problems in the meantime with admins help and some suggestions from my ISP. The connection to FPN is up again and I installed an extra e-mail address (web based Gmail) that I am using now for my FPN notifications. That means I have to work with 2 e-mail systems that cannot be synchronized :angry: , but it works...

I still do not seem to manage to get the notifications through my normal MS Outlook based e-mail system. That puzzle still has to be unraveled. :ninja:

As some of you noticed in the meantime I am able to communicate now, so do not worry, I can still make your reservations, I'm looking forward to receive my new stock of Reforms in about 1 week now and all of these pens will find their way!

Thank you all for your help, patience and confidence!

Recovering... :sick:

Regards,

Lexaf :eureka:

Dear Members (and Lexaf fans),

Lex has been having difficulties reconnecting to the FPN (PM's, posting etc.) since the server change. This hasn't happened to many, but it has been a problem for a few members, Lex being the most severe so far.

Please be patient while we try to unravel the mystery, and get Lex fully connected as soon as we can.

We wish to emphasize that this is in no way Lex's fault, and hope that everyone will understand that his not responding to your requests is entirely a system bug. He will be in touch as soon as we can make it possible.

Warm regards to everyone,

FPN Admin Team

Dear Fans of the Reform 1745 pens,

A little update:

For all who already made a reservation for one or more pens:

- I expect the ordered stock will arrive in the beginning of next week

- Many reservations were made for pens with a reground nib so when the pens are in I will start working on the regrinding.

- At the end of next week I expect to start shipping the pens.

- As soon as the pens are in I will send a PM to all who made a reservation with instructions for payment on Paypal.

You can still make a reservation, at the moment there are approx. 20 pcs. available.

I keep trying to find more!

Reform 1745 pen: us $ 9,00 each.

Optional regrinding service for a super smooth F nib: us $ 6,00 each.

Shipping Worldwide: us $ 3,00 for 1 pen, us $ 1,00 for each pen more.

(This is for uninsured priority air mail letter post, so no 'track and trace'. The costs for registered mail or insured Fed-ex or DHL and/or parcel post will be much higher and is usually not in in proportion to the price of the pens. If you want insured shipping or tracking, please let me know before you make your payment because I have to calculate that according to value, weight and destination)

Some FAQ:

- All the Reform 1745 I have for sale have a green barrel and a black cap ( see picture in the start of this topic); no other colours available.

- All the pens come with a standard F nib that is actually more an EF-F.

- The regrinding service I offer results in a full F nib that writes a wet line.

- As the (steel!) nib has a little bit of flexibility the writing result can vary by the individual user,

e.g. depending on the amount of pressure one is used to write with.

- When the pens are going to be used for the first time they must be rinsed out with luke warm water first.

This is because the pens may have wax and oil-like residues, especially on the nib and in the feeder, as a result of the production process.

Also some residue can be left in the pen as a result of my regrinding process.

The cleaning can be done by filling and emptying the pen for 2 or 3 times. Use luke warm water only!

You can add a few drops of ammonia or a tiny drop of dishwashing detergent if you want.

To keep you pen- the nib assembly and the piston filling mechanism- clean it is good to repeat this routine every now and then.

- The nib assembly can be screwed out of the barrel just like the nibs of Pelikan pens.

The nibs of Reforms and Pelikans are not interchangeable!

The lucky ones that already own more Reform models with screw nib assemblies in other gauges can interchange those nibs in most cases.

- Never try to open the pen on the rear side! The piston filling system is fixed and factory sealed, so if you try to open the pen on the side of the black filling

knob at the end of the barrel you will almost certainly ruin the pen!

- The shipping time of the pens can vary strongly. I ship worldwide and the shipping time can vary from about 5 days to several weeks.

I have no indication why a shipping to e.g. Australia sometimes takes 6 days only and one to USA takes up to 3 weeks one time

and is delivered within one week the other.

- I do not have indications that packets did not reach their destination so far, except for one very exceptional case.

If you have any more questions or want to make a reservation or want to make an amendment on a reservation already made:

You can send me a PM or a mail.

This was all for today.

I'll keep you informed,

Have Fun!

Best Regards,

:eureka: Lexaf :eureka:

Edited for typo's

Edited by Lexaf

PM sent for one pen.

David

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I would like two a medium and a fine point. Thank you. Please supply your pay pal account. Thank you very much!

Margie

Margie

Margie, Reforms are wonderful value for the price and Lex is a gentleman to deal with, but as he states in his latest post, they only come in Fine nibs that write more like a European XF-F one.

But, boy, are they nice ones!.

I would like two a medium and a fine point. Thank you. Please supply your pay pal account. Thank you very much!

Margie

Margie, Reforms are wonderful value for the price and Lex is a gentleman to deal with, but as he states in his latest post, they only come in Fine nibs that write more like a European XF-F one.

Margie

You can't get Medium from Lexaf (unless his new stock is different) but you can get Medium Reforms off German E Bay

I posted the guys email a couple of weeks ago if you want to deal direct

The Medium are smooth & have better ink flow than my fine nib ~ the size of M nib is finer than most manuf's

Margie

You can't get Medium from Lexaf (unless his new stock is different) but you can get Medium Reforms off German E Bay

I posted the guys email a couple of weeks ago if you want to deal direct

The Medium are smooth & have better ink flow than my fine nib ~ the size of M nib is finer than most manuf's

Correct, you can get them in M, I meant that Lexaf sells only F's ( That I know).

Hi Margie, I already sent you a PM (Personal Message, look in your FPN inbox!)

LEXAF

Margie

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files